All reviews hard boiled eggs dinner reservations staff were very helpful ferry terminal wonderful stay tourist office would stay again stayed at this lovely hotel standard room grocery store van tour home made fresh fruit good luck no worries bottle of red wine larger bathroom
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Stayed here for one night. Pierre picked us up from the ferry, took us on a complimentary island tour, answered our many and varied questions patiently and with knowledge, was charming and friendly and turned a pleasant stay into a memorable one. The hotel itself was luxurious beyond our expectations. The buffet breakfast was ample and included many offerings so that even our picky kids found something to eat. Our check out time was 11 am, but our ferry wasn't until 5:30 so we were somewhat worried about our luggage. No worries! The hotel stored our luggage for the day and Pierre offered to take us back to the ferry, baggage and all, at the appropriate time. Thanks Pierre and good luck with your final year of studies.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We had an excellent experience with this inn from the initial reservation to the final check out. The hosts were supremely polite and attentive, responding to every query and request. We booked the larger deluxe room and were very happy with the size and comfort of both the room and the bathroom. We did not have breakfast at the hotel but chose to walk down to an amazing French pastry shop a few blocks away. We really appreciated being picked up at the ferry, having the tour of the island, and having our luggage delivered to the ferry on the day of our departure, while we wandered the town. It should be noted that many of the shops close at noon on Saturdays and stay closed on Sunday, so if you're only going for the weekend, you should plan your day accordingly. Overall, we would gladly return to this auberge given the opportunity.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is, without a doubt, the nicest, quietest and friendliest hotel on the island of St Pierre. Pick up from the ferry is included as is a one hour tour of the island where they take you to all the view points. Guillaume and Pierre were both wonderful and their English was perfect. I traveled with a friend and we had 2 separate rooms. Mine was upstairs, very clean, very quiet and comfortable. The bed was divine. My friend stayed on the ground level and he had a larger room with larger bathroom although he commented he could hear some noise from the lobby in the mornings. The hotel is situated at "the back" of the town which makes for a pleasant walk to and from the waterfront. I did not particularly enjoy the restaurants that the hotel made reservations at however the choices are limited. I wish we'd seen the creperie sooner.
I can highly recommend a trip to Île de Marins. You don't need to book a tour, just take the ferry for 6 euros return and walk around on your own. The cemetery there is wonderfully eerie. And I loved walking round on the grassy paths.
We came equipped with euros so although you may read that they take Canadian cash, I'm not sure that's the case.
The tourist office is very helpful and you can even store your luggage for the day if you have a ferry to take in the afternoon.
I highly recommend a trip to St Pierre (2 days is all you need). The locals are friendly and this hotel is just lovely and peaceful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed two nights in a standard room and had a lovely time. The stay included transportation from the ferry terminal, so the hotel's location near the back of town isn't a disincentive. They'll also drive you and your bags to the ferry, but it may be early if they have a guest to pick up at the airport (the tourist office will store your bags for you and is basically across the street from the ferry).

The other great surprise was how wonderful the included tour was. You mostly see the sights you wouldn't walk to, including multiple stunning views from high points on the island. They tell you a bit about the history, but not so much that it feels like a class.

The hotel is quite European, meaning the rooms and bathrooms are petite compared to American standards. We found it more than adequate but may have wished for a larger bathroom (I did not try to shave my legs in the stall shower). We were rarely in our rooms unless we were sleeping because the weather was so beautiful and we loved exploring. The rooms were spotlessly clean and very quiet and included wine glasses and a demi bottle of red wine. We enjoyed the view of the stark, rocky hill at the back of the island and loved that we could leave the window open for fresh air without the room being noisy.

Pierre and Guillaume were the hosts we interacted with the most and they could not have been more lovely. They even gave us plates and cutlery to use for the quiches we brought back for lunch after we asked to use the microwave. The hotel made our dinner reservations for us as well and even dropped us off at the restaurant the first night because the ferry was running late.

I do think the next time I stay here, I might visit a patisserie for breakfast one day instead of dining at the hotel both days. €12 for breakfast is quite fair considering all that is available (juices, coffee, fresh fruit, cereal, amazing French butter, very nice croissants, ham, excellent boiled local Miquelon eggs) but I don't prefer a big enough breakfast to not just get a croissant from elsewhere. If you are a big breakfast person it's can't-miss - my husband definitely enjoyed it.

Overall, a wonderful place to stay to experience beautiful Saint Pierre.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren K
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We had a standard room which was fairly small. Small bathroom but lots of storage and closets space. Double bed. There is no air conditioning but a small fan, so our room was quite warm. There's a radio, TV,hairdryer, coffee/tea pot, WiFi whith is included. The continental breakfast is not included in the price so we set out to find a cafe. No luck,which is surprising. we found pastry shops but none served coffee. This would have been pleasant and my picture of France. A cafe on waterfront serving Un petit dejeuner. I can't say enough about staff they were amazing. Took us on island tour, made reservations for us for supper and answered our million questions.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple