US$ 59
US$ 71
US$ 60
Priceline
Savings alert! 59% below average rates

The price you found is 59% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 145/night.

• Restaurant
Nani(Kollam)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
All reviewsper dayexcellent treatmentauthentic ayurvedaintermittent wifibody and souleach mealpure naturewatching the sunrisehuge laketraditional kerala stylehis teamashtamudi lakedrdoctortherapistconsultationcure
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Pros:
Once you enter into Sarovaram you won't feel like you're in an Ayurvedic Hospital but feels homely.
Treatment lasted for 14 days and now I feel much healthier and I sincerely thank therapist Ms. Shari for her excellent service.
Overall ambience is excellent
Kudos to Dr. Kiran and the entire team for their professional and friendly approach.
Tasty and authentic Kerala cuisines prepared in good and hygiene background Thanks to Aneesh and chief Cook Dineesh.
All these done under the supervision of Mr. Kannan. He's really job oriented.
The way Dr. Kiran and his wife deal with his employees and guests (patients) was excellent so does his prior analysis to all our body issues.

Cons:
Mosquitoes was everywhere
No walkways nearby the backwaters
No Wi-Fi provided at the Cottages nor at the restaurant

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I have stayed at Sarovaram Ayurvedic Health Centre for 14 days and time just flew away so quickly there!

First of all I have to admit professionalism of Dr. Kiran and his team. They are really good at what they do. So, you should trust them and listen to their advises.
All the staff is very attentive to the guests. Super smiley people work there;)
The environment there is totally relaxing. Pure nature. The area of the center is lush green with a huge lake. I really enjoyed meditating by the lake, watching sunsets and fishermen in their boats. Since early morning you can hear birds singing and chipmunks running around;)
Then food! To say that is delicious means to say nothing! What was important to me in terms of food is getting different kinds of fruits after each meal. Moreover, if you're interested in taking a cooking class from a chef Mr.Dinesh( I hope I wrote his name correctly;) you just express your wish and get ready to learn.
Overall I have to say that this is a right place for people who are looking for a real Ayurvedic healing, for a quite, simple place to be in. If you're expecting some sort of a fancy spa resort with a swimming pool and cocktails - it's not that place;)
I really feel happy that I had a chance to "recharged" in Ayurvedic way path Sarowaram and hope to come back again in the future!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

I suffer from arthritis and was hopeful about some relief from this well reviewed health resort with Ayurvedic treatments. In fact they had won the award of excellence from trip advisor. I just don't see how! Up to 90% joint pain improvement had been achieved by previous clients. I could see the place was 'natural' but the sheer horror of the primitive facilities did not hit me til I was there and I had to leave.
I cannot fault Dr Kirwan's treatment, he is attentive, professional and obviously very experienced. The therapist Shiree was also excellent. So here is the rub , the whole treatment package including food and treatment is £80 a day, amazing value and that is perhaps why people review it well. In Uk one treatment would cost £100 and here you have 2 treatments a day. Perhaps this is the reason they put up with substandard accommodation.
The whole place is tired, dirty and uncomfortable. At first I was in a small natural shack with a cracked toilet and no paper to be used in it, slippery tile floors. The bed with a dirty foam mattress, had loose weave scratchy sheets and no mattress protector. The whole place needed a coat of paint, one that matched the decor. The windows were warped and difficult to open and close, there are no mosquito guards on the windows . A noisy fan was the only relief from this claustrophobic room with little light or air. It whirred above the most filthy mosquito net I have ever seen. I washed it(see photo)

When I complained suddenly a room with ac was found but the unit had not been used for 5 years and was so grimy and thick with dirt I was afraid to use it. Dr Kirwan insisted it had been cleaned but I used a whole packet of baby wipes on it doing what I could, that came out black. I could not pull it apart so was afraid of the hidden dirt in it and know you can get Legionnaires disease from dirty air con.

The doors on this second shack did not close letting in insects all night and despite being given herbal mozzie repellants to burn ( last an hour) I was bitten to pieces.

The dining room is open and food was tasty but very repetitive and regimented. It's the place besides the main house for intermittent wifi and to be further bitten.

The gardens are indeed delightful and colourful but look onto a bland piece of the Ashtamuddi lake. There is no walk along the lakeside. Cheerful ladies spend all day picking up leaves in the garden when they should be washing the mattresses and mosquito nets and cleaning the dusty blinds.

There are a lot of very uneven paths that are difficult for people like me with arthritis To walk on, they need pointing.

The facilities in the treatment room are a little dubious too, one of the widely used machines is a large pressure cooker with a hose coming out of it for steam , surely not passing any health and safety rules as it spits boiling water and has to be shaken free of excess water every few minutes. A burn waiting to happen which makes for tension during treatment.

There is nowhere to sit and no terrace area just the verandah of your shack which contains hard bamboo chairs with no cushions. Dr Kirwan should clear an area of Trees and shrubs and make a light area where loungers with cushions could be placed. There is no swimming pool and you cannot swim in the lake so unless you can do yoga , I can't due to joint restrictions there is no form of exercise.

Dust and dirt is on all the blinds that need replacing. In fact the whole place needs an upgrade, refurbish, even if it is supposed to be rustic. Dr Kirwan has had a sad family matter to attend to for 6 months but this neglect to decor and facilities would take years to accrue.

I remained for 8 days as the treatment is good but finally left for The Raviz to complete my treatment -just £140 a night for the total Ayurvedic package and I found just as good a doctor and therapist plus cleanliness, a decent bathroom, good food, a pool, soft sheets, complimentary outings and not a mosquito in sight.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Sarovaram is a beautiful Ayurveda retreat location run by Dr. Kiran, who is very dedicated to healing people with Ayurveda. Rather than focussing on a resort-type place, he focuses his efforts on maintaining the authenticity of traditional Ayurveda treatments. This makes it a great place to go if you want to heal yourself- it certainly helped me immensely with my chronic symptoms of low hemoglobin, body ache and digestive problems that I have had for several years. The team is also wonderful with very good massage therapists, excellent kitchen and room service, and the place is also located directly on the beautiful Ashtamudi lake. One can do early morning yoga while watching the sunrise above the lake- a wonderful healing experience to be there.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

I have gone there with a ligament tear , not wanting to undergo surgery, optioned out for Ayurvedic treatment. Totally it was of 18 days treatment, and it was two sessions of treatments per day. I have rated this best mostly for the place and only the place, it's beautiful, beyond words, the river, water cascading creating rhythm,the greenery, the birds chirping, the wind , the food ... all these heal more your soul than body. I had tranquility around me and the treatments helped me to recover but if one is only looking for some serious Ayurvedic treatment I would not recommend this place. Although the doctor is good and the messages too, but somehow it's not soo deep as u expect it to be. I had been before twice for Ayurvedic treatments before and to some extent can relate what's going on. For the quick summery the the atmosphere, the rooms , the food , the staff ( especially the boys vishnu and anish) are very good, my female therapist was excellent and overall it's good place if you want to unwind and go for relaxation therapy. For the cons the doctor looks bit busy, if he is not around there is no physician on the resort, there is only one female therapist who continually does massages without break apart from her lunch time, the food is very tasty but I had never eaten before in other places oily papads, and way too much coconut in all curries and all four curry they serve are with coconut.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo