Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Arrived in kollam for one night with my family as a part of my friend wedding. This was my family first home stay &enjoyed my stay alot. Aunty(Ms.sita faria)is an very caring person&very friendly &very good food for you healthy&tast .The house is very beautiful with wonderful gardens that grow almost every thing you could need. The house is very clean and comfortable and in a quiet part of kollam
I will recommend this place all ...............

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank geetha m
Reviewed 5 March 2017

The famous Chamayavilakku is a unique festival which is held at the Kottankulangara Sree Devi Temple, Chavara near Kollam, Kerala where thousands of men irrespective of their religious faith dressed up as women offered prayers to the Goddess Bhagavathy. During my visit to this festival i was very much concerned about a good place to stay and also to dress up as female and follow the temple rituals. When I called the Home stay for the first time itself they were very supportive. As I was a first time visitor for Chamayavillaku Festival I was not much aware about how the festival is going to happen. My decision to stay at Tata Caro was a best decision. The homesaty have all the facilities and for two days i lived in this Home stay as a real female as part of the temple ritual. They had provided me all the necessary help and even since there was a small fitting issue with one of costume they arranged a tailor and helped me out in solving the issue. It was very safe here. If i had booked an hotel room i would have never got these facilities and privacy. The travel from Homestay to temple in a female costume which is almost 8km away was another great experience. This was an unforgettable experience in my life. The vegetarian food they provided to me during the festival was also very delicious. I can very well recommend this place for the participants of Kollam Chamayavilakku Festival.

Special thanks to the property owner Rita for providing all the support and care. Your support was a great help for me as I was a first time participant for Chamayavilakku Festival.

Room tip: All the rooms here are spacious.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
24  Thank arjunk598
Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this homestay on my own in March. The room is quite big and clean and has all the main facilities, although for that price I was at least expecting a wifi connection.
I paid for breakfast and dinner which were both very tasty. The lady really put an effort in preparing the meals and I can't say I ever starved!
Generally speaking I can't complain but I think the room is a bit expensive, considering there isn't much to do in the area, I only stayed overnight there because I had to catch the ferry for Allepey the next morning.
I do recommend contacting the homestay in advance as I wasn't able to find any contact number, plus there is no plate with name of homestay in front of the house, so even the local people aren't able to help you finding the property. It was a nightmare and I ended up paying 300 rupees to the rickshaw driver which was very disappointing.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Angelo Michael M
Reviewed 24 November 2015 via mobile

Stayed one night at Tata Caro Homestay in the standard room. Driver had a real problem finding the place so better call for directions straight away. Sita is a friendly and talkative person.
The room was very spacious with a large bed and a bathroom with a bath - all clean. There is not hot water in this option and had no wi-fi.
You can order food, we had a breakfast which costs, but it was very tasty, all homemade and ingredients came from the owner's garden.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank marekjarosz
Reviewed 15 January 2015

I spent there 2 nights and that was too much for that town, the owner is very friendly and cooks good food for you. Just avoid her water...
The price is somehow more than the average, but the house is great!

Date of stay: December 2014