Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2014

We rested here for three nights in this quiet, residential area, outside of Kollam. The full meal plan, at 1000 rupees per person per day (vegetarian, more for non-veg), is worth the investment, for as Sita says: "You won't find this kind of food in local restaurants." Sita works very hard to prepare fresh, delicious, home grown, authentic Keralan food.
The room value will improve once amenities such as wi-fi are included.

Room tip: No screens in the non-a/c room.
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This is the best place we have stayed in all of India. The house is beautiful with wonderful gardens that grow almost everything you could need. The house is very clean and comfortable and in a quiet part of kollam. It costs only 60RP to get to the centre.
But the real reason to visit is to meet Sita and eat her delicious food! In all of India I've not had such delicious, authentic food. Healthy and tasty! She spoiled us and even taught me how to make a few dishes! She makes everything from scratch from her bountiful garden and she evens de us pickles to take back to uk. We had the best banana leaf meal you could imagine. We visited at the beginning of July and loved it so much we went out of our way to come back 2 weeks later to relax and eat before heading to Sri Lanka. We can't wait to go back one day. The food is a very reasonable price. 9 HUGE meals for 2 people AND a packed lunch for the train for 2,500. We are vegetarian so let her know in advance if you are too, otherwise I've heard her meat dishes are to die for!!

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Sprattle
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I cannot recommend Tata Caro Homestay enough. The house itself is beautiful and comfortable. The bedrooms are spacious and airy and the owner is a wonderful woman who is very friendly and an amazing cook. She provides 3 delicious meals a day and an extra afternoon snack. The food is all high quality and healthy, we booked one night but stayed for three and then returned for another two nights on our way back through Kerala. The building itself is set just a short ride from town about 60 rupees in a tuktuk and there is no wifi but I felt so relaxed and at home that I didn't miss it.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Slatedogg
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was my first homestay, and I enjoyed my stay a lot. Aunty ( Ms. Sita Faria ) is an very caring person and a very good cook. I enjoyed every which was prepared by her. The house is also very good and clean, the rooms are spacious, there are trees around, there is a balcony. The food made is of the best quality and definately you will put on some words when you stay here. I will recommend this place to all........,

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank vvnfrancis
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at Tata Caro Homestay in the 1st week of Jan. 2014. It was, I should say "more than a homely experience". The hospitality shown by Ms. Sita Faria, the hostess was indeed something that will make any person look forward to their next visit to this destination. I would recommend this homestay for any family desiring a quite and peaceful holiday with a homely atmosphere all around- Suresh Nair, Bangalore.

Date of stay: October 2013