“A new experience of hospitality, I totally loved it !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Vaidya Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kollam
The Vaidya Hotel
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Kollam
Mumbai, India
“A new experience of hospitality, I totally loved it !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2010

I travel around Kerala and other parts of South India regularly for my business purpose and it was my first visit to Vaidya.I was amazed at the service rendered by the hotel. My first thought about it before checking -in was that its just another city hotel with a 3 star classification. But to my surprise, I was treated with so much of warmth and the most gratifying point was that its a complete business hotel , yet managed with a homely ambience. The MD of the hotel and his daughter manages every minute aspect with utmost care and a great flair of leadership. The food at the restaurant and coffee shop is definitely worth mentioning and the service staff needs an applaud. The rooms are beautiful and well maintained with great value for what you pay.If I get a chance to suggest a hotel in Kerala to any of my colleagues or family friends, its definitely going to be none other than Vaidya !

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank rkrajkumarkk08
HotelTheVaidya, Owner at The Vaidya Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2015
Dear guest,
Thank you for providing us an opportunity to serve you and we are glad to know that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel. I genuinely appreciate your feedback and hope to serve you again on your next visit to Kollam !

Regards,
Sreya Vaidyan
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2010

My sister and I stayed here for four nights and it was by far the best hotel we found in this price range in India. The rooms are lovely and a good size, really comfortable beds, air conditioning that WORKS, an actual bathtub, clean and nicely decorated corridors, sheets changed and room made up every day. Family-run and the manager's daughter talked to us at breakfast to check we'd enjoyed our stay. (The breakfast itself was great as well, though sadly not included.) I am verging on germaphobic and even I couldn't pick holes in the cleanliness of the room. We stayed in the smallest/least expensive room and were more than satisfied.

I can't recommend this place enough. If you are looking in this price range, do yourself a favour and don't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family