I stayed in this hotel on a holiday with a group of my friends, we arrived quite late at night but were checked in quickly and found our rooms easily as they were attached to the main building. All our rooms were lovely, really clean with sea views and big beds! As it was my husband and I's wedding anniversary I has emailed the hotel letting them know just incase there was anything they could do and when we arrived not only did we have champagne and fruit waiting for us but the other 3 rooms in our group did too!! The restaurant was always clean and the staff always quick to clear, every night we has different main dishes with so much to choose from, people complaining about the food been cold must be mistaken as every night we were there a lot of the food was been cooked as you watched, the restaurant was open for breakfast lunch and dinner and we enjoyed all our meals without any problems! Wine and beer is self pour and they often has a cocktail on arrival for you or on Saturday night a shot! The bars were all easy to get service from mostly self pour, the reception area had a different cocktail to try everynight which was great! The pools are lovely and no one seems to reserve loungers, as there were 8 of us we expected to be unable to get sun beds all together but managed to every day! The pools were lovely, and the area around them was kept really clean. The snack bar served burgers and salads at lunch which we all really enjoyed as a change from the restaurant. We walked into jandia a couple of times which did take quite a while but going downhill we didn't really mind, the beach is lovely and although you have to pay for sun beds it's well worth it, we bought a cooler from the spa at the bottom of the hill and had cool drinks all day! We went out for one evening in jandia and had a great time visiting the English bar and the clubs and he taxis were only €3.50 at 2am straight back to the hotel reception! For all the people moaning about this hotel:
- yes it's on a hill but you get amazing views out to sea and it's downhill to the beach and either a cheap taxi back or you can actually get a lift to the barcelo jandia playa and then walk up to the mar in around 10 minutes.
- yes there are only 2 English tv channels but your on holiday for gods sake don't sit and watch tv!!!
- the staff don't speak much English but you have to respect that they all have guests speaking english, German, Italian and obviously Spanish meaning they are vey talented to be able to serve customers from all these nationalities.
- it does get windy but why would you book a holiday to an island that's name literally translates into "strong wind" if your going to moan about it!!
I had a great time and would definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy more than 50,000 m² of fun, comfort and entertainment in a privileged setting. The Barcelo Jandia Mar**** hotel, which has been awarded the Thomas Cook Marque of Excellence, is situated opposite the spectacular Jandia beach, in the south of Fuerteventura. The hotel offers a wide range of services and activities for you to enjoy your holidays to the max. Relax and pamper yourself in our health and wellness centre, which boasts a sauna, gym, solarium and massage services. For sports lovers, the hotel offers an extensive range of activities including: mini-golf and multi-sports court, water sports, windsurfing, scuba diving and sport fishing. And for the little ones, we have the Barcy Kid's Club. With the Barcelo All Inclusive programme, you can enjoy all the hotel facilities and its superb restaurants (the All Inclusive service finishes at 23.00). The Barcelo Jandia Mar hotel is the perfect choice to enjoy your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Jandia Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Jandia Mar Hotel Pajara
- Barcelo Hotel Jandia Mar
- Barcelo Hotel Pajara
- Fuerteventura Jandia
- Occidental Jandia Mar Fuerteventura/Pajara