“This restaurant will steal your money if you pay by credit card”

Restaurante Saavedra Clavijo
Ranked #43 of 178 Restaurants in Pajara
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2018

I decided to pay the bill by credit card. The invoice was in Euro. When I entered PIN, the amount on the screen was in Euro as well. But printed receipt was in USD, and it was converted with a very unfair exchange rate (1.27 instead of current 1.15). Please see the photo of both receipts.
My card was in Euro, I didn't ask the waiter to change transaction currency.The waiter didn't notify me that USD will be transaction currency. But it was somehow changed from EUR to USD without my authorization so that I lost 15% of the amount of the bill.
I asked the personnel about this. First waiter didn't understand the question (or pretended so), another waiter just smiled widely and told they couidn't help anyhow.
I'm very frustrated with this loss lost and just given that staff didn't take any actions about this problem at all.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

First row at the beach with a beautiful view. Unfortunately the food was not as expected. The grilled stick was okay, fried calamari without any taste and the grilled fish platter was mostly fried. Nevertheless the food was served fast.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 12 June 2018

The only good thing in this restaurant is a really nice view but the quality of food is very bad and poor. Waiters are very bad, not professional, and they are not friendly. They don't speak English(even manager with whom i had a fight). Terrible place. I definitely don't recommend this place!!!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Well what a lovely spot. This was our first trip down to Morro Jable. We called for lunch and had a table at the front with a lovely view of the sea. For starters we shared garlic bread and then we had a shellfish paella which was served at our table. There was plenty of shellfish in it and we really enjoyed it. With sangria and water the bill was €41.
The service was okay. Waiters were not very friendly or available.
Overall I would say average.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 15 March 2018

I and my other half spent about 20 minutes deciding where to eat. In the end, we picked this place because, while it wasn't the cheapest, it had the most spaces. The waiter arrived in seconds and barked "Drink?" at us. So I ordered a coke and as my other half was deciding on a drink he walked off. Eventually, he came back without a coke and asked: "Have you made your mind up?". We let this go as not everyone is cut out to be a smiley waiter. So then he comes back with the drinks and asked abruptly if we were ready to order. So I ordered 2 starters and 2 mains and before I had the chance to look at desserts he snatched the menus from us. The food, when it arrived was dumped on the table and he stomped off without a word. The starters were ok but there were no bowls to put olive oil or balsamic vinegar for the bread. Then when the grumpy git turned up with the main course not only did he dump that too but the order was wrong. I got swordfish when I ordered Tuna. Also, the plates and knives and forks weren't taken away from the starters. Just as well really as we weren't given any fresh cutlery, Later I asked for another drink and he completely ignored what I asked for. In the end, we asked for the bill and for the first time ever I left without leaving a tip. In fact, I'm writing my first review because I'm so annoyed.

Perhaps it was just down to the waiter, but who employs staff that are rude to the customers? The French couple in front of us also got the same disrespectful treatment.

The food was ok thought the swordfish and tuna were both overcooked.

There are a lot of places to eat nearby I suggest anywhere but here.

Date of visit: March 2018