Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic, hard to think of another better in NZ.

I have been wanting to play here for quite a while and was absolutely thrilled with the course and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Freedom57282
Out of this world

After playing Kinloch a couple of times in the past my wife and I decided to stay and play on a... read more

Reviewed 23 July 2018
Jivehancock
Tauranga
via mobile

All reviews pro shop great golf jack nicklaus golf trip new zealand bunker nz muffins
Reviewed 2 February 2017

The Kinloch Golf Club cafe is now open to the public whether or not you are playing golf there. My wife & I went in for a light lunch & coffee whilst on our recent fishing trip to Kinloch. The coffee was great & the panini's we had for lunch extra special. Made with all fresh ingredients including ham off the bone & beautifully cooked. Sitting outside looking over the golf course & chalets made for a relaxing experience in lovely surroundings with great food.

1  Thank cadogan2016
Reviewed 29 November 2016

A fantastic course and worthy of the rave reviews and rankings. If you can, it's worth playing twice because the first round is very much a learning experience

TheKinlochClub, Director of Golf at The Kinloch Club Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Thank you Will for your kind words, will pass this onto the Golf team. - Tom Long

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

We were welcomed at the pro shop like old friends. We got a run down on the course which definitely helped the game and supplied with everything I could possibly need to enjoy the round ahead. Tom went out of his way to look after us and once I teed off, I was in for a great time. The course really makes you think with plenty of options available for the thinking golfer. Brute power won't hurt your game here but if you leave your brains in the car park, your score will suffer. It's the type off purse that invites you to make mistakes but rewards you when you don't, to me, that's perfect. You can hit a great shot and make a birdie but miss by a poofteenth and you will start racking up scores. That said, a great recovery is always available and a thrill when you pull it off. Imagination is key and knowledge is gold around here.
One other thing I really liked was the photo opportunity on your way to the 10th tee, make sure you take advantage of the photo platform opposite the 'sign'
After our game we were welcomed back like old mates, enjoyed a chat, a beer and a really nice sandwich.
I highly recommend a game here, the course, service and friendlyness are all first class.

One thing that really impressed me was this..the greens had recently been cored and when we rang to book a few weeks in advance, we were told this and knew prior to booking that this would be the case. Tom even took the booking, knowing it was a surprise from my partner for me, and. Said if I didn't want to play on recent,y cored greens we could cancel with no issue. Tremendous service that all golf clubs could learn from.

All in all, an A1 experience and one of the best courses I've played. Thank you.

1  Thank Kevin N
TheKinlochClub, Owner at The Kinloch Club Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Fantastic review, thank you for the time taken to write such a great account of your experience playing The Kinloch Club, and a special mention to our Golf Director Tom Long - John Sax

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Fantastic Jack Niklaus design course. I am a single hcp player but was eaten alive by this course. Great experience but do not expect to lower your hcp here.

TheKinlochClub, Manager at The Kinloch Club Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

But what a great experience! Tom Long - Director of Golf, The Kinloch Club

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Played kinloch in 50 kmh winds and rain and yet it was still enjoyable. Every hole provides a different challenge, but if you play well you can score well. Was made to feel welcome at the pro shop on arrival and it was a nice touch that they took the time to explain some of the challenges of the course, particularly on holes with blind shots. Good practice facilities with a complimentary bucket of balls to warm up.

Despite it being winter the greens ran very true...just watch out for some of the breaks.

Would definitely play again.

TheKinlochClub, Public Relations Manager at The Kinloch Club Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Brave!

Great to hear you had such a welcoming experience, come back and play in the summer ;)

Karine Thomas