“Friendly get together”
Review of Cafe la Bonheur

Cafe la Bonheur
Ranked #12 of 70 Restaurants in Hartbeespoort
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Arrived at restaurant no one in sight to take us to our table. Wondered around a bit( decor nice) finally got taken to our table.
Drinks orders taken quickly. Drinks arrived in good time. I decided on the pork medallions, found it to be seriously over seasoned, same with veggies. I don't mind seasoning but this was really just too much. My friends had the lamb curry, which was ok but nothing special.
We didn't have desert as the couldnt make chocolate mousse due to a technical problem in the kitchen. Our waiter did offer alternative desert or even a drink on the house to make up for it
All in all nothing special or outstanding

Reviewed 28 September 2017

On our way to our holiday we stopped here for a lovely refreshing lunch. All 5 of us enjoyed our meal - it was tasty and delicious. The service was friendly and good. Would definitely go there again.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

After booking a table for 12 for a birthday breakfast - we found the venue disappointing. On arrival we requested heaters as area was very chilly and as a result it was most unpleasant. Granted we were supplied with heaters but they were unable to warm the area as the ceiling heights make it very difficult to warm a vast area such as that where our table was placed.
Service was painfully slow and although food was "ok" - it did not scream "come back".
We had to request service for refill drinks. All in all, this is not a restaurant I would gladly recommend. A nice touch was a violinist but other than that, there is no "french management" and as such the true french flair is not there - regretfully.

1  Thank Anthea Memory A
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Love this restaurant! Everything from the setting to the extensive menu. They even catered for my daughter's food allergies. Loved the live, instrumental music,and the privacy of the layout of each table. Desert was to die for. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank raymelmc
Reviewed 26 June 2017

If it wasn't for the R50, yes FIFTY RAND, extra I had to pay for a piece of chicken fillet - not even 100g, I would have rated this restaurant as Excellent. I ordered a vegetarian dish (I'm on a strict diet) and asked for chicken to be added to the dish. The owner was very accommodating, but forgot to mention that it is going to be an extra R50!! For one single piece of chicken!!!!!! And it was dry!! I would have understand if it was R15 or R20 or even R25, but R50??!! RIDICULOUS!. Other than the overpriced chicken piece, the rest of the food was yummy. Service a bit slow, but loved the decor and the atmosphere - especially the violinist with the most beautiful voice. Will eat there again, but this time won't add anything to an existing dish.