All reviewscrepesalbert roomvictorian roombreakfast was deliciousb bsone nightmy husband and iprovincial parkfour poster bedhome friestwo nightslovely houseevery morninggranolaceiling fanmake you feel at homelarge bathroom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Dave was very friendly and welcoming and we had a very informative conversation over a great breakfast, both tasty and presented with flair. We chose the "No Name Suite" because of the name and the price, very reasonable. This was our first visit to Brighton and Dave is a great ambassador for the city. There was no TV in the room, not necessarily a drawback.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen_Brian
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We had occasion to be in Brighton for one night on business, and we were looking for a place to stay that would be proximal to the next days' rendezvous. The Brighton Inn was exactly what we were looking for. From the moment we pulled up, the property exuded old world charm. Don was very hospitable, and welcomed us in. We spoke briefly about our requirements, and menu selections for the following morning. We inquired about a restaurant for dinner and were directed to a lovely little patio bistro right on the water - 5 minutes away.

Upon our return we relaxed in the living area, reading and sampling homemade ginger cake and tea which was left for us. Marvellous! We retired to the Albert room which was elegant and spacious - and thoughtfully lamp-lit for appreciative readers. The bed was firm yet comfortable, and the linens of high quality and feel. With the windows open, a lovely breeze filled the room allowing us to snuggle deep under the comforter. The ensuite bathroom is very spacious and there was an abundance of hot water for back to back showers of the "slightly longer than usual" variety.

Breakfast the next morning was served to us moments after we had sat down - something Don said he would aim for based on our discussion the previous night. I had the lemon crepes, and my girlfriend enjoyed the smoked salmon scrambled eggs. Along with fresh preserves, fruit, juice, tea & coffee...we couldn't have been more pleased.

Don is a great host, and we thoroughly enjoyed our morning exchange. Heading out, it's literally a two minute walk to the main downtown thoroughfare - a quaint & eclectic mix of book shops, cafes, and trinket stores. Have a browse in The Blue House, then head over to Lola's Cafe for a light lunch with homemade baked goods for dessert!

Perhaps the attribute that stood out the most for us (we are rather meticulous) was the cleanliness. In one word - immaculate, yet still exceptionally warm and inviting. All in all, we wholeheartedly recommend a stay at the Brighton Inn. Great job Don & Nikki.

Room Tip: There are 3 rooms currently, with a fourth under construction. The Albert Room is lovely, but faces the main street. The vehicular traffic certainly dies down in the evening, but if you are an exceptionally light sleeper - and the occasional sound of a passing car might disturb you, consider one of the other rooms which all face a side street.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2011

This B&B was amazing!
The room was very clean and sophisticated.
We would like to stay here again.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Basiltofu
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I just have to write a comment because Don & Nikki and the Brighton Inn unexpectantly contributed so much to my daughters wedding. Without a doubt I would recommend this B&B to everyone! Don & Nikiki were warm, hospitable, and genuine giving you as much space as you desire, which for us was not much. The Inn added an old elegance to the camping wedding held at Presqu'ile Provincial Park. We stayed in the Albert room which was large and excellent for my daughter and all her brides maids to prepare for the ceremony. The Inn was bustling with all the preparations. And I a proud father of the bride was spinning so I asked Don if he could take some photos for me. The elegance of the beautifully wood, staircase, large windows, high ceilings, and ambiance really contrasted the next phase in the park. I would like to thank Don and Nikki for adding a truly memorable component to my beautiful daughters wedding. Wow!!InsertedImage.jpg

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank RonW-Montreal
Reviewed 11 September 2011

My fiancee and I recently stayed at the Brighton Inn and were very impressed by Don and Nici's hospitality. They went well beyond our expectations. Nici and Don not only put our food in their freezer, but got up early in the morning (6 a.m.) to HELP us cut fruit in their kitchen for a wedding breakfast that we put on at Presqu'ile Provincial Park. When my fiancee and I got a ring they gave us champagne of ice!!! We felt like royalty and will definately return and recommend the Brighton Inn as the best B & B! These people treated us more as friends than guests.

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family