See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 July 2015

Although we were on a ''package'' we had a lovely double room at the rear of the hotel. It was spacious and as always immaculate. The front facing rooms have a view of the river but we benefited from the peace of the rear. The staff were lovely and the food excellent. I cannot say it was outstanding but it was very good and we would stay here again

Room Tip: river views are not so quiet but rear rooms are very peaceful
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2014

I would so like to post a really glowing review of our stay at this hotel BUT...!
Let's start with the positives. A delightful setting on the banks of the Mosel with vineyards tumbling down the steep valley slopes. Marvellous staff who were unfailingly cheerful and helpful.
We were allocated a 2nd floor room at the front overlooking the Mosel. Where do I start? A road separates the hotel from the river and we found the traffic noise from vehicles and barges to be a nuisance to say the least. Obviously you have to sacrifice peace and quiet for a view.
As for the room itself, somehow they had contrived to turn a potentially suitable double room into one in which single occupancy was a challenge. The bathroom, whilst containing all one might need, would not admit the proverbial cat let alone have the room to swing it. The living space had been split into 2; the first containing a comfortable bed but the seating area contained 2 large armchairs, a coffee table and a tv precariously mounted on the mini bar with enough cabling to refit NASA. Human occupation was an insurmountable challenge. To cap it all a "room" containing a wash basin and dining chair led off from the seating area? What is that all about?
Breakfast was adequate but below the standard enjoyed elsewhere on our trip through Germany. We only dined in 1 night of the 2 stayed. My main course of turbot with an octopus risotto and lobster sauce only served to ram home the lesson of ordering seafood so far inland. The rest of my meal was forgettable.
Ultimately one is left with the impression of an hotel trying too hard to cram too much in. It should lower its sights and ambitions, especially in the kitchen, and I am sure it could become a gem. This hotel could do so much better and its position and staff deserve it.

Room Tip: Steer clear of 2nd floor rooms overlooking the river. 1st floor rooms are recommended.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ArthurGrun
Reviewed 7 May 2013

From the terrace you have a nice view, not too noisy despite being so close to the road.
Excellent kitchen, great wine selection and friendly service! When making reservation ask for front Moselview.Nice breakfast and for a change no buffet and your choice of egg(s) is cooked on order. .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank WILLY C
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Being on a wine-trip with friends we spent a few days in the beautiful Mosel region. Mosel wines (Riesling) are sometimes great stuff, and the average of the whole region is nowadays far beyond the former Moselblümchen or Liebfrauenmilch level. We spent a few nights in hotel Moselschild, mailly because its kitchen was recommendated by Michelin. The staff was very friendly, our room was at the backside of the hotel, just above the entrance for personnel and suppliers we think, because very early in the morning it was quite noisy. Food was decent but far from what we expected. In the first dish with pfifferlingen I found 1 pfifferling, the rest were champignons. Main dish not too bad but too large. Dessert with peach made of a very old and dry peach. Breakfast was rather OK. Good winelist.

Room Tip: Choose the front side if available. For 10 euro's more you have great view, balcony and a larger room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2010

On the tail end of a business trip, I had a day of wine tasting lined up. Urzig is a great place to start, and I booked the Ringhotel Weinhaus. Due to horrible traffic, I didn't arrive until 10 PM, but I had a bottle of riesling brought to my room. The kitchen was closed, but they kindly brought me some great bread, ham and cheese. I enjoyed all this on my balcony. The staff couldn't be nicer, the hotel was spotless and my room had a balcony overlooking the Mosel. Plenty of parking. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business