Royal Garden Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 168
Trip.com
US$ 91
US$ 108
US$ 91
Plus Welcome Milano(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewslovely hotelmediolanum forumlovely groundswould definitely stay here againcab ridefree wifino doubtreception areastaying at this hoteldecent hotelcomfortable bedscrambled eggsvisit milanconcertbusinessmetrocheese
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I booked a 5 night stay at this hotel as I had to visit Milan on business, and wanted to stay close to some family members who live in the local area.

I have no doubts that at one time this hotel was THE place to stay. Unfortunately times and tastes change.

It would be impossible to describe the hotel as modern. The overall appearance, although spotlessly clean, is now dated. Salmon and turquoise coloured walls were quite the rage in the 80’s, however we are now in 2018. It’s more then over due a makeover.

The room itself was again clean, and attended to daily. If you suffer migraines it’s probably best to avoid this hotel due to the sheer number of contrasting fabric patterns (curtains, carpets, sofa, walls - none of which match or complement each other). I was on the forum (stadium) side of the hotel, and concert noise was audible on most nights. If you struggle to sleep through low dull noise, request a room on the opposite side of the hotel.

A few small pet hates:
No tea / coffee in the room.
The minibar made a humming noise. (I switched it off)
No iron / ironing board in the room (I was told this is to conform to local fire regulations - I’m not convinced, no other hotel I have stayed at in Milan has ever told me this).

The usual environmental sign in the bathroom to not over launder the towels, and yet provide 4x single use plastic cups individually wrapped in PLASTIC in a single occupancy room....... hows that environmentally friendly? (Suggest a policy change there)

The inclusive breakfast was nice enough as long as you’ve not got high expectations. There are all the basics - cereal, yoghurt, ham, cheese, small selection of cooked food. Coffee from a machine - although made by very friendly and nice staff.

So;

Did I enjoy my stay? - yes
Would I book again? - no

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
General M, Direttore at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review. I am very sorry that the classical design of the hotel is not of your pleasure, but I am pleased to inform you that from August we have prepared some new rooms with a design that can be of your taste.
Regarding the ironing board in the room I know that this can create some problem, but I confirm that we answer to local fire regulations.

Kind regards.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Beautiful spacious grounds set on the outskirts of town.The subway ends at this hotel so its easy not to miss your stop.Great breakfast included with the room.Downside is it does take 35 -40 mins to get into the center of town on the subway or it is a $40 cab ride. Subway is only $5 into town.Lovely rooms & very clean. The hotel restaurant is very good.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
General M, Direttore at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Guest,

we are very pleased to have met your expectations. We hope to see you and have you again as a guest at the Royal Garden Hotel.

Direttore

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I couldn't believe we were staying at this hotel when we first arrived. We paid €96 for this unbelievable place... and it has breakfast included.
The place is so beautiful and big. It has a beautiful garden and a big restaurant. Breakfast has so many options and the staff is great.
The rooms are very big and clean (bathrooms as well).
No doubt this is the perfect place to stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
General M, Direttore at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Ms. Livia,

thank you for all your compliments. We are glad to have satisfied all your expectations.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Loved everything about this hotel. The rooms are perfect, spacious and the cleaning service was outstanding. It's a lovely hotel with great decor and style. You will find a great bar to unwind and downstairs, the restaurant does a fabulous job as well if you're here on business and cannot venture out. Breakfast is equally done well, obviously they have Americans in mind with the scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon. Over all this is a very excellent choice, I travel and know what is expected. I would point out only two small items...you need to provide irons in the room. For someone, like myself who was there on a weekend, there was no service to iron clothes. And...bacon needs to be much more well done. I was there with quite a few folks from the U.S. for 5 nights and we all agreed on these two factors. But seriously, this hotel deserves the business and it gives you your money's worth!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
General M, Direttore at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Guest,

it is really a pleasure to receive a review as yours.
About the iron I understand that can be a problem, but we are not able to provide it in the room according to local secutity laws.
About the bacon we cook it trying to please everyone's tastes, but next time you can ask your bacon "well done" and we will do our best to satisfy you!
Thanks again and I hope to see you again here at the Royal Garden Hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here to attend a concert next door at the Forum. Very hot and humid day and there was no air conditioning on at reception. The room was no better - it didn't matter what setting we had on the dial the room was warm at best. The only thumbs up I can give is for free outdoor parking and close proximity to the Forum (10 min walk). Had free wifi - but it struggled to stay on also..

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angaka
General M, Direttore at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear ​Guest​,
first of all ​thank you for your opinion.
I regret regarding the problem with the air conditioning, I can assure that now everything it works.

Hotel Manager