Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com$457
Tripadvisor$457
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This stop was the end of our vacation before heading home. We arrived early and our room was not cleaned. There was another lady dropping pamphlets off and I asked about the lighthouse. I got some wonderful advice, coupons for free margaritas and the ladies were fun and very polite. We stayed in 903 and the room had all it said it would and the pictures do not justify the view of the beach! The room was clean, kitchen was stocked as well as the bathroom. Plenty of room for our family of 6! The lady at the front desk was always very nice, always said good morning asked how were doing and if we needed anything. We ate at Crabby Joes on the pier because I read a review from here that it was good. The seared tuna salad, amazing! They have a Mango drink, very tasty and the chocolate cake is to die for! We loved staying here and we will be back again and again. It's nice to know you can bring your family on vacation, have an awesome condo with the room you need and a view to die for, without breaking your budget!!

Date of stay: August 2013
3  Thank AudraP601
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We booked last minute at the end of bike week so our choices were limited. Normally, I would have looked for something in a higher bracket ... cleaner and more modern. The location is great. The pool and hot tub area is clean and updated …. no problem there. The condo building is older and the general areas could use deeper cleaning but you can live with it ... just lower your expectations.

Here is my advice whether you land here because it is in your price range for a great location right on the beach, or because nothing else is available. Buy a bucket, liquid cleaner, rags, and bathroom cleaner. Wipe the entire joint down when you get there. Roll up any throw rugs that are not clean (like in the bathroom at our unit.) I wiped furniture, lamps, floors … you name it … and of course the bathroom thoroughly. I even paid someone $5 to borrow his vacuum. It sounds crazy to clean a vacation rental but it made the rest my stay much more pleasant. Fortunately the kitchen was remodeled in our unit. Not sure if I could have handled one that was not. It was bad enough having to put up with the bathroom.

After all that, put on your suit and shorts and go for a nice long walk down one of the best walking beaches in the US. Have a drink at Crabby Joe’s. Try the many local casual open waterfront eateries with fresh fish at reasonable prices. Joe’s Crab Shack at the pier about 5 miles north is good, also. Try a yoga or Zumba class at Cherise’s Fitness across the street, great place.

Would I stay at Sunglow again? Only if I couldn’t find anything else in that location and definitely not if the unit was any more outdated than the one we had. I would absolutely advise against carpeting. I would try for one of the units with both the living space and bedroom on the water versus the bedroom in the back. Oh, and lower your expectations about bedding and towel quality.

Room tip: Avoid carpeted units. Bedroom on the ocean would be nice. Seek out updated kitchens and baths.
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This is an older resort, but is kept up very nicely. All rooms are ocean front. The condos are well furnished and are decorated nicely. If your on the south side of the resort, you get the view of the Sunglow pier and Crabby Joe's resturant. Really good food there. This is a great people watching spot.

Room tip: Try to get a southern exposure.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cohun1
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This condo is VRBO listing #268470. Let me just say that this is the best condo we have ever rented. We arrived around 3:30pm and cleaning crew was still here. Both ladies were so nice and finished up quickly. They were knowledgable about local grocery stores and restaraunts. The pictures of this condo are completely accurate. The condo overlooks the pool and the hottub area and has a perfect view of the beach. Sunglow Pier is right next door for fishing and also has Crabby Joe's restaraunt. One elevator was broken during the weekend but was fixed promptly on Monday morning. Front desk staff is nice and helpful. All hallways/common areas were clean, pool and spa was sparkling. All furniture in the condo was clean and in perfect condition Recliner in the living room is fabulous!! My kids loved their room with the two beds and flat screen TV. Kitchen was well equipped with all that we needed. One of the best parts of this condo was that they provided starter tissues, soap, dish soap and paper towels. Most condos do not do that!! There was even coffee available although we brought our own. There were also boogie boards, highchair, playpen, water noodles and beach pails in the hallway closet!!! All in all, I give this condo an excellent rating. The owners were great to work with and always answered my emails promptly.

Room tip: 4th floor is a great location, not too high, not too low. Perfect!!
Date of stay: June 2012
4  Thank slyle71
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I want to start by saying we were looking for an affordable week-long rental in the Daytona area. As someone else said, there are about 900,000 units to rent in the area, so finding one that's nice, but affordable can be a daunting challenge. We happened to find one.

Also, know that each unit is individually owned, so the condition of each individual unit will vary. We rented unit 402. A quick rundown: the A/C worked fine. The entire unit was tiled, so there was no carpet to worry about. The furnishings were nothing special, but they were all functional and nothing was broken or worn out. The kitchen appliances were functional and modern. The bathrooms were both fine. The decor was fine, if nothing special. So, as far as this specific unit, I have no complaints (except perhaps I would have appreciated a ceiling fan in the master bedroom, but that's just me being finicky). There were three TVs with cable, two CRTs (in the bedrooms) and one HDTV in the living room.

Is this a luxury building? No. Is it a luxury price? Again, no. This was an affordable, but clean condo.

So, what about the building and grounds? First, the pool/hot tub/deck area was very nice. We had a unit overlooking the pool area and beach, so we saw the maintenance man meticulously cleaning and rearranging the deck area every morning. The whole area was clean and inviting. We visited for Memorial day weekend and the whole following week in 2012. They had just repaved the parking lot, and worked on the staircase to the beach, but, that was completed before we left, so no issues there. We had NO problems with parking.

Although some people had issues with elevators, when we were there, both elevators were working just fine for the entire week. The staff that we interacted with were friendly and accommodating.

The building is a little older, but it's been maintained fairly well. Again, it's not luxury by any means, but the price more than makes up for it. There are coin laundry facilities on site. I wish they had a recycling program at the building, but they don't (although you can drop your recycling into bins on the beach if you like).

As far as bugs, as others mentioned, we had no problems. We had no issues with fleas or roaches. We did have a few flies and other small flying insects, but that's just because this unit had no screens and we had left the sliding doors wide open to take advantage of the breezes.

All in all, my family of four had a terrific vacation at Sunglow. As I mentioned, with each unit being individually owned, I can't really speak to the other units, but if you're looking for a nice unit at a great price, I would recommend unit 402.

Room tip: We rented unit 402. Each unit is apparently individually owned, so the quality will vary depending on the owner's management/maintenance of the unit.
Date of stay: May 2012