1,640 results
All reviews fire pit azure restaurant cabana room chef lou valet staff self park front desk beautiful resort pool area hot tub ocean front beach access love this place clinton tiki henry ryan
Reviewed 2 April 2016

Fabulous room 10th floor corner king ocean view. Pricey but worth every penny. Great beds but pillows could be better. With a storm coming we extended our stay one day and the staff was fabulous. Breakfast was wonderful. Scallop dinner was large enough to share and the scallops were huge and perfectly cooked although a little pricey. Service could been greatly improved. Waitstaff doesn't seem to think. Beautiful dining room but the staff seems to seat around the edges first so when you look inside you think no one is there. Would also like to see designer shampoo and lotion and more luxurious towels. Would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
shoresresort, General Manager at The Shores Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Thank you for your comments. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We are always looking to improve our amenities, and we'll take your comments into consideration. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2016

My Family and I chose to try the Daytona Beach area for the front leg of our spring break vacation. I chose the Shores because it was supposedly the best in Daytona ( which honestly isn't saying a whole lot). The hotel was nice and quaint. The views were amazing and the beach had just the right amount of activity. The Cabana bar was convenient and the pool area was nice.

Upon checkin we found out that our room configuration was not available, despite the fact that we had spoken with a personal reservationist at the hotel days prior, she had spoken with the hotel manager to confirm that she could provide us with connecting rooms because our 2 daughters were traveling with us. We even amended our travel dates due to the hotel not having the rooms we wanted during our original travel dates. Well, we were told the the "new employee" overlooked the notes on the reservation and had given the rooms away. Needless to say, our girls were on one floor and we were on another for the first night. I did not unpack because if the problem had not been corrected the next morning, we were prepared to check out. They corrected the room situation and gave us a $100 discount off the reservation.

Now, to housekeeping. I had read previous complaints about the cleanliness of the rooms, so I came prepared with all purpose cleaner, febreeze, etc. Upon initial inspection the room seemed okay, but I picked up the phone to call for the car and the stinch lead me to believe that the phone had never been sanitized. So, needless to say, I cleaned our room and my daughters'. Also, the second room that my daughters were moved into smelled horribly. In essence, I had to reclean their room after housekeeping finished their job....So, complain if your room is not to your liking. The hotel will not know who the weak link is until he/she is exposed.

Lastly, My family and I vacation frequently and we have been blessed to enjoy some beautiful locations, domestically and abroad. The Shores Resort and Spa has some of the worst policies in regards to debit card holds. The hotel will hold the full amount of the reservation plus $100/night for each room you have reserved. This policy did not effect us to the point of ruining our vacation, but I witness a few families who were absolutely distraught by this policy.

Imagine 2 rooms @$500/night for 5 nights($2500)...the hotel will hold a minimum of $3500 ($1000 in projected incidentals). I witness one woman who seemed visibly ill over this. The hotel holds your money so that you are held hostage and must spend most of your time and all of your money there on property!!! Horrible policy for hardworking families who have saved to take their family on vacation only to learn that the hotel is holding their hard earned money to make interest on it and God only knows when the Shores will release the "hold" Please beware........out of protest, my family and I did not charge anything at the hotel. It was about the principle not the money!!!! Hopefully, a better company will buy this hotel and implement policies that are pro-family!!!

By the way....the hold is still pending 2 days after check-out!!! My bank releases holds immediately, so the little disclaimer at the front desk is a lie!!!! Please know what you're getting into before booking here.

Room Tip: Terrace Suites have great outdoor space, but there are only two "real" suite types the presidential and imperial..
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2016

We stayed there for 5 days as we went for a Business Conference. I must say the Hotel is located nicely and also well kept.

Though the rooms and walls are little damp and beds look old.

Bathrooms are big but not very well kept. My bathroom shower kept leaking for all 5 days till we stayed.

Pool side deck is brilliant with mild music in evening. Pools are heated and well maintained.

Room Tip: Every other room is with and without a Balcony. Prefer the ones with Balcony and ask for one at the time of check-in
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2016

You must experience the complimentary Resort Yoga with Cindy Caron, offered Saturday and Sunday mornings. Just meet in the lobby. A lovely yogi instructor, Cindy will make you feel comfortable and guide you through a wonderful practice. Move and breathe with the sounds of the ocean, the birds and sky.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank slb223

A great way to start off your day indeed!

Reviewed 30 March 2016

I've stayed at this property for many years and have always been happy to return. Sadly, no longer. It is clear there is a lack of commitment from staff. My room was dirty, was missing a phone (asked to have it replaced, never happened), hallways were filthy and never vacuumed, blow dryer was broken, room was not made up on second day. I provided the front desk my list of issues, more of a heads up than a complaint, and never heard from anyone, manager or otherwise, over the four day stay. I was THRILLED to checkout this morning. Truly lousy; next visit I will VRBO or AirBnB.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

I am sorry to hear we did not live up to our normal high standards, and our team members did not take care of any of the challenges on the spot. If you've not spoken to our Rooms Division Manager yet please let me know by messaging me directly.