Lowest prices for your stay
$180
HIExpress.com
$170
Free cancellation until 05/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
$170
travelup.com$170
Travelocity$170
Expedia.com$170
1,009 results
All reviews front desk cinnamon rolls the breakfast area breakfast staff mini fridge coffee maker heated pool judith balcony ocean beach daytona elevator housekeeping sunrise clerk
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2022 via mobile

On arrival, Sunday 8/21/2022 , I was greeted by a very nice young lady and check in was easy and proficient.

Unfortunately, there was only 1 elevator in use, and no luggage carriers available....So, I took it upon myself to make 4 trips carrying my luggage to the 5th floor waiting for elevator on all trips but last, I took the stairs.

I was working in my room most of the trip, and only went down for breakfast on the morning I checked out

The lady managing the breakfast area was very friendly, helpful, and service oriented.

She even brought me fresh orange juice, all that I had for breakfast, as the container was down to the bottom, and very watery.

Checkout was easy as well, and the lady who checked me out was very nice and friendly.
And the same lady that checked me in was also on the front desk as well.

My stay was completely favorable due to the staff who went over and above the call of duty to assist me in any way needed...Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Breakfast Manager.

I would definitely recommend this hotel property to business as well as vacation clients.

My room was pristine... Comfortable...And served all my needs in every way..

There was a lampshade that should be replaced that had burned off edges around the shade in my room.

And it would have been nice to have had a reclining chair or any comfortable alternative to the desk chair, in the empty corner to sit in and view television.

The only chair was a desk chair.
And, I am one who does not watch television in bed, except when I travel.

Also, the housekeeping staff was very helpful on my floor helping me with key entry upon arrival at my room.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Judith Delgado, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach Shores, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2022

Thank you for the review you submitted about our property. We certainly appreciate your feedback and were very pleased we made a good impression! I will share these comments with the team.
We are continually striving to improve our operations and improve the quality of our guests' stay. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Reviewed 17 August 2022 via mobile

Wonderful 5Days at our Home away from Home…our Favorite hotel…From Housekeep’g -Front Desk - Kitchen -Judith Delgado…all are very welcoming and recognize us by name … feelp like part of the Family.Luv

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Judith Delgado, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach Shores, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2022

Reviewed 16 August 2022

After two nights, we decided this was our last stay here! the other guests we spoke with agreed, this hotel is going downhill fast.

On our first night my wife yelled from the bathroom, it was a huge roach in the bathroom sink and all over her toothbrush (photo included). Then we tried to enjoy the balcony but the smokers above us became overwhelming, then the cigarette butt landed on our balcony, we knew it was enough.

The room was extremely sparse (photo included) like a motel setting, I couldn't use the desk chair since it kept sinking down so I could barely use my laptop for work, also the room phone didn't work to call the front desk.

Finally on our last day, we had a noon checkout yet housekeeping walked right in at 10AM.

Despite the beach location, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There are many better hotel choices in the area.

Date of stay: August 2022
Judith Delgado, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach Shores, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2022

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing our hotel.
I would like to start by apologizing for not meeting your expectations.
As a Holiday Inn Express, our goal is to provide a spotless, comfortable accommodations along with the highest levels of customer service.
Please know that your feedback is extremely important to us.
We use feedback such as yours to improve our service and brand.
I hope that you would consider staying with us again in the future so we can prove to you that your unsatisfactory stay was and exception.

Reviewed 24 June 2022 via mobile

We were forced to get a hotel room during our trip to Fl because my sister found out she had Covid the day of our arrival. We wanted someplace near NSB, so we choose Holiday Inn Express in the shores. Biggest mistake ever. As soon as we opened the door to the room, the musty smell overtook us, but thought once the AC ran awhile would be ok, I sprayed some room freshener I had… it was ok until you would leave the room for a period of time and you’d be hit with it again. There was black mold in the shower. The AC wouldn’t run right at night so it would get warm in the middle of the night… The first day there, I noticed the pool was dark and murky looking, I really wanted to get in, but not the way it looked. I questioned the girl at the desk, she says oh it’s fine, the chemicals checked ok.. I don’t think so, I own a pool and a hot tub. 2 hrs later the pool was roped off and closed for the day!! The elevators didn’t work the whole week we were there.. Got stuck once and some people were stuck for 20 mins and others 45 mins banging on the doors and I know first hand it’s hot in there, the A.C. never worked. My husband had to stand and wait sometimes up to 15 mins for the elevator and he’s handicapped. That is just unacceptable!! Most of the front desk were rude, we weren’t even offered to switch rooms or any credit for all these inconveniences. One day, the girl at the front desk waited on hotel employees before me, a paying guest, even after her supervisor told her to wait on the guest first.. rude!! The floors/ carpet in rooms are filthy, after a shower I forgot to put my Sandals on and my feet were black and had to wash them again. You expect rust on the beach, but not an inch of dust on the rust of the fixtures, clean them!! (Torey) that’s who didn’t clean our room and left mold in the shower. No coffee maker for the breakfast after 6 days of being there I kept expecting one to show up.
But when I called there today to ask a question about my bill I’m told the elevator is fixed, new coffee maker everything is fixed now.. Am I expected to believe 2 days after I ck out it all got better??? Please, Please, please do not leave me your generic response because it’s insulting.. if you want to do something ask me to contact you for a credit… btw we stayed at a holiday in Lorton, VA and it had mold in the shower too?? What’s up with IHG.
Positive note: the ladies during the breakfast were wonderful…
I just feel for the price we paid, expected more, especially for weekend rates of 259.00 for what we got or should I say didn’t get

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Judith Delgado, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach Shores, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2022

I would like to start by apologizing for not meeting your expectations.
Please know that your feedback is extremely important to us.
We use feedback such as yours to improve our service and brand.

Reviewed 20 June 2022 via mobile

My bartender Andre was really attentive to our needs I loved his accent and he made our trip a little less stressful. Driving 9 hrs with children ranging from 2 to 12 can be very difficult at times. I would recommend him to anyone. He was very friendly.

Date of stay: June 2022