“Food was Outstanding!”

McLoone's Pier House
Reserve with OpenTable
McLoone's Pier House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$ 26 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: A metro bus stop is less than a block from our restaurant. This bus takes you to the Branch Avenue metro stop, where you can catch the metro into the city.
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We had our 1st anniversary dinner here, and the food was outstanding! We were seated on the pier, and the ambiance was great! Having dinner and watching the sunset was a bonus. The Crab Stuffed Shrimp was amazing! My husband had the Seafood Gumbo which he thoroughly enjoyed. They did not skimp on the alcohol in the cocktails.

We had an enjoyable dinner here. It is a bit pricey but well worth an anniversary dinner!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for McLoone's Pier House

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

This place is about on par with the prices of restaurants in this area and is a great location with outdoor seating overlooking the harbor.

A group of four of us went and got the crab dip as an appetizer; it was phenomenal. I'm sure it's a simple concoction of mayonnaise, cream cheese, lump crab and seasonings, but, man, is it good smeared on the bruschetta.

I got a salmon BLT, which was a tad salty (it takes a lot for me to recognize something as TOO salty). It was good, otherwise. Two others got the crab grilled cheese, which came on the recommendation of the waiter. I just about got it, as well, but I'm glad I didn't. While it looked meaty with crab, it looked little like a grilled cheese. The bread looked toasted lightly, but not really browned like you would get by sautéing it in a buttered pan. Also, the cheese slices were still whole and not melted at all. They didn't complain and said it was quite good. One other got the fried fish sandwich (I think cod). She, also, thought it was very good.

Overall, I'd come back. There were a few execution errors, but still worth the view and competitive prices.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Nice location for dinner - we went with a group of 10 last night.

The food was very good. We ordered calamari and coconut shrimp as appetizers. Orders for the entree included steak, lamb chops, ribs, paella, lobster bisque, and crab ravioli. Everyone raved about the seafood. Meats were OK.

Service was questionable. One person ordered Tanqueray and Tonic - she brought gin in a glass....twice. No tonic. I ordered Scotch & Soda......the server asked what type of soda I wanted. They got drinks backed up and then brought 2 - 3 in a couple of minutes.

We did have a nice view of the sunset. Great location. Great food. If only Service lived up to those.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Was here with a group of 10 to 12. Food was outstanding! Lobster Bisque was as good as I have ever had. Crab ravioli was fantastic! Service however lowered my rating from 5 to 4. Orders....especially drink orders were constantly wrong and ridiculously slow.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Wow, this restaurant is the best! The crab salad was to 'die fior'. It was my birthday and 9 of my girlfriends attended. The view is great. Service was very good and it has quite a bit of room inside.