“Great food overshadowed by questionable service”

McLoone's Pier House
Reserve with OpenTable
McLoone's Pier House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$ 26 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: A metro bus stop is less than a block from our restaurant. This bus takes you to the Branch Avenue metro stop, where you can catch the metro into the city.
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Nice location for dinner - we went with a group of 10 last night.

The food was very good. We ordered calamari and coconut shrimp as appetizers. Orders for the entree included steak, lamb chops, ribs, paella, lobster bisque, and crab ravioli. Everyone raved about the seafood. Meats were OK.

Service was questionable. One person ordered Tanqueray and Tonic - she brought gin in a glass....twice. No tonic. I ordered Scotch & Soda......the server asked what type of soda I wanted. They got drinks backed up and then brought 2 - 3 in a couple of minutes.

We did have a nice view of the sunset. Great location. Great food. If only Service lived up to those.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for McLoone's Pier House

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Was here with a group of 10 to 12. Food was outstanding! Lobster Bisque was as good as I have ever had. Crab ravioli was fantastic! Service however lowered my rating from 5 to 4. Orders....especially drink orders were constantly wrong and ridiculously slow.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Wow, this restaurant is the best! The crab salad was to 'die fior'. It was my birthday and 9 of my girlfriends attended. The view is great. Service was very good and it has quite a bit of room inside.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

We ordered a crab dip appetizer and asked for both gluten free and glutened options as indicated on the menu. The dip arrived with all bread and when we mentioned it, it was taken away and brought back with the half of the bread removed and replaced with carrots and celery laying on top of bread crumbs. Not safe for celiacs at all. Thankfully I had better luck with my gluten free entree. Our server was pleasant but please retrain on allergy options.

People smoking on the waterfront was a little distracting. With all the bad stuff out of the way, my husband's meal was fantastic and the views were beautiful.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We chose this restaurant because they offered outdoor seating with a few of the Potomac.

We we fortunate because the weather was perfect. Our waiter was efficient even though it appeared he had all the outside tables.

They had a good selection of seafood. I got a Salmon BLT sandwich at the waiter's recommendation. I was not disappointed.