“Fantastic stay in paradise”

Next Paradise Boutique Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pwani Mchangani
Roskilde, Denmark
“Fantastic stay in paradise”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

In January we stayed 6 nights at Next Paradise, and it was a fantastic experience.

Next Paradise is a small luxury hotel just at the beach. Service level is very high and food is incredible good.

It is a small quiet hotel, where the staff are very friendly and does everything possible to make your stay pleasant. They helped us arranging tours, as well as booking diving activities.

We can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Thomas V
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Stockholm, Stockholms Lan, Sweden
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor before I came here and they were all talking about the food. There are so many wonderful things about this place and I decided that if I wrote a review, I wouldn’t write about the food. But I’m sorry – I have to write about the food!

This place is owned by an Italian couple. And Italians take food seriously. For breakfast, there is an assortment of food laid out for you to take. Wonderful fruit like no fruit anywhere else. There’s bread and an assortment of sweet things that I didn’t taste. But when you sit down they ask how you want your eggs, and they make it fresh just for you. I wanted my bacon a little crispier than they were at first. I told them and from that day on it was perfect.

But the dinners are really reason enough to come here. Every night they write the four-course menu on a chalk board. They encourage you to read it and say if you like it or if you’d like something different. First there’s a starter, often something with octopus. Then a pasta dish. Then you’re full, but when the fish comes, it is so fresh and wonderful and the best thing ever, so you have to eat it too. Dessert is also lovely. Especially liked the dark chocolate tart on a coconut crust.

I booked through Hotels.com. I was quoted one price on the website but when I booked, I did it from my iPhone app and that was cheaper. Don’t know why. I paid about 100 euro per night. For that I got a junior suite (number 7) and breakfast and the wonderful 4-course dinner was included. Each room has a private patio. Mine was overlooking the ocean. On my patio I had a divan, two chairs and a table. The room had a king size bed, a big Jacuzzi bath tub, a separate shower and two beautiful sinks. The room had a safe that could fit my 11-inch Macbook Air and all my valuables. There’s also a blow dryer and a mini bar. And air conditioning and a mosquito net over the bed.

The resort has only 12 rooms and when I was here about 9 of them were booked. Still, I was almost alone at the pool and at the beach.

I traveled alone, but I felt very safe and well taken care of by the staff. Whatever I asked for they said: Of course, you just relax! They arranged excursions and taxi service. I just asked for what I wanted and I didn’t have to use money ever. They put everything on my bill at the end and I could pay with credit card. I ran out of sun screen and asked for a store. They said: just relax, use mine.

If you’re going on an excursion, I highly recommend Safari Blue snorkeling excursion. It costs 75 euro per person if there’s two of you. I had to pay 90 euros because I was alone and the car had to drive me one hour there and one hour back. I could go on about that too, but maybe not in this review. All in all, this is the best vacation I’ve been on ever!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
8 Thank AsaCronqvist
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We were just blown away by the lovely and constant welcome and the stunning surroundings. We wanted time to go slow - we had booked in for 5 days and upon arrival we already felt like we never wanted our time there to end. Our room, a seafront room with french doors out on to our private verandah to the sand and sea (worth the extra few euro for this room!!), was beautifully presented and extremely clean. The service from Ali and Sifra was super and professional, the hosts Stuart & Marina wanted you to be relaxed and happy at all times. The food was fantastic, honestly we are running out of superlatives. We were greeted with an array of fruits and eggs every way each morning, lunch was creative and the 4 course meal every evening was delicious - from ravioli to lobster slippers to passion fruit tart... One of us doesn't eat any fish at all and never had a problem with substituting from the main menu, never a problem and always a choice. We also indulged in the cocktails each evening (loved the daiquiris!) and the wines which were well priced. The hotel itself is small with a huge pool and lots of places to sit and relax. We stayed here from May 9 to May 14, during the rainy season, but it didn't affect us at all. The times it did rain we relaxed, Next Paradise is so idyllic and peaceful that it simply didn't matter. Thank you all for a fantastic stay, we will return.

Room Tip: Go the extra mile for the beach front rooms - paradise.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrMcAndMsC
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Loved it, would stay again. Stuart was super helpful and entire staff is very professional (a rarity in E. Africa). Food was great (though expensive) and breakfast spread was fab. Rained a lot when I was there but it didn't even matter---such beautiful grounds with so many perfect nooks to relax and read (and drink--great bar, though mark-up was steep). Not a great beach for swimming, with the low tide and fishing posts, but beautiful for strolling and laying out by in one of the beach chairs. Great location to dive from--close access to Mnemba. Had a fantastic 6 days there and will return!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank tweardytorres
Sombor, Serbia
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Next Paradise recently, just loved it! Simply, it was better then we could have imagined. The rooms are a dream, the food was very good with a huge variety. And we just felt like if we belong there, the staff was marvelous. Every single of our wishes was made come true.
If we ever choose Zanzibar again, we know where to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1.5 km away
Dream of Zanzibar
Dream of Zanzibar
#2 of 3 in Mahonda

Been to Next Paradise Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK