“one notch better than sleeping in your car... or maybe not.”
Review of Liberty Inn

Liberty Inn
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
clifton
“one notch better than sleeping in your car... or maybe not.”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel... I should say motel on March 24th for an overnight stay only. Our main reason is to just have a bed to sleep in for a few hours. We did not want to take a two-hour drive home from AC so we booked this stay last minute.
We arrived at 6 pm and was greeted pleasantly by the man behind the desk. The check in was super fast. The motel office was nothing to write home about. There is a table for coffee and hot water. I am assuming that they offer free coffee in the morning. This is one of my first assumptions. He handed us our key and a card and said that it was a discount card for $5 towards our next stay at their place and it has no expiration. He also indicated that if we write a review about the hotel that there will be an additional $5 discount on our way. Read on and see if we are going to take advantage of this offer

Our room was on the first floor, near the front of the property. The room cost us about $80 from kayak.com The room looked clean at first but you notice little things later. You also get hit with the strong smell of smoke even though we asked for a non-smoking room.
The king sized bed was ok, The sheets looked clean and pressed. There were two king sized pillow that were poofed up. Once you put your head on it, it thins out to almost nothing. There is a huge wall mirror that doubles as your head board. Functional probably for some other folks.
There was only one thin sheet and the bed cover. I had to use the comforter I had brought along with me to get a little bit warm. I did not want to turn on the air conditioner/heater unit because I honestly don't feel confident that the air filters are clean. But that's just my speculation.
There's a flat screen TV that has two remotes: one for the channel and one for the volume. I only watched basic cable channels so I do not know if they have HBO or other movie channels. There's also a vending machine inside the room. Yes a vending machine but it's empty. The lights are fluorescent and may not be bright enough for applying make-up. There are two chairs and a round table inside the room, handy when you need to write a tripadvisor report on your lap top.
The entire bathroom is as wide as the room. It looked like a handicap bathroom but the door does not look like it can accommodate a wide wheelchair. Again that's me speculating. There is a sink but no countertops. There is a small shelf that was built into the wall beside the sink for your accoutrements. They provided a small plastic cup and a small soap. I did not take a shower because their towels looked thread bare and yellowish. So I cannot comment on the tub.
We got back to the room close to midnight and most of our neighbors are asleep. The only sound you can hear is the traffic from the outside and the occasional footsteps of our upstairs neighbor. I could not sleep because the bright lights from the hallway could not be totally blacked out by the blinds on the window. It was quite bright inside the room that I did not have to turn on the room light to get to the bathroom. When I finally was able to get some ZZZZs I was awoken by a loud noise from the upstairs unit. It sounded like they had pulled the drain from the tub. I was waiting for water to drip down the ceiling, when none came I went back to trying to get sleep. Morning came and finally it was the sun that shined into our room not the hallway light. I finally gave up trying to sleep because it was already 730am.

I rated this motel poor because for $80 on a Saturday night and just 15 minutes from AC, I had expected to at least have a decent pillow and the ability to have a dark room to sleep which I did not get. Also, because of the strong smell of smoke inside the room.
Service: average. The man was pleasant and gave us a discount card
Value: average: other area hotels on saturday night had a slightly higher rate ($10 higher)
The vending machine outside our room has soda only not water and it cost $1 in coins. It did not accept a dollar bill.
sleep quality: terrible The room was too bright at night, strong smell of smoke and pillow was too thin.
Cleanliness: Yellowish towels, dust on the chairs
Location: average: 15 minutes away from AC but you have to pay toll to get to AC
rooms: Poor: strong smell of smoke

Room Tip: may be more beneficial to get the second floor room furthest from traffic.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I always enjoy staying at this hotel when I go to Atlantic City.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a flat screen tv
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
NYC
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed at this motel this past Christmas week for 3 days. We also used the good reviews from other web sites as our basis. DO NOT BELIEVE THE REVIEWS. We booked thru Hotels.com and after we returned, the hotel used my name to post it's own review. I have contacted Hotels.com and Expedia (owner of Hotels.com) about this and one of their attorneys is working against this hotel right now.
The hotel is a dump. it took over 2 hours for the room to heat up from heaters that do not work properly. There was not even a blanket on the bed and the comforter had holes in it. If by some chance you would want to stay here be warned, that you need to bring your own towels, and pillows. The non smoking rooms stank from smoke and even had ashtrays on the tables.
Worst of all, on two of the days we were there, they came into our room without asking us, without telling us, just because they felt it was OK. We were told there would be no maid service because of the holiday wek, so we left out many things we normally wouldn't, and they came into the room while we were out to change the curtains.
Look, we did not pay a lot for this room, and we are far from fussy about many things, and we have stayed at several of the hotels on this strip, but this place committed fraud by using peoples names falsely, posting good ratings, when most people probably leave in disgust. If it wasn't Christmas week and most of the other hotels were booked, we would have left also.
Final word, never stay in this place. EVER. All reviews are false.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Nothing special. Decent price. Large room next to owner/manager's room. He requested that I keep the sound down on the tv late night as he and someone else would be sleeping. Old empty vending machine being stored in corner of my room. Bathroom not the cleanest, paper shower mat disintegrated when wet feet stepped on it. No coffee or continental breakfast. You get what you pay for...

• Stayed August 2011
PA
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I booked this room because it had decent reviews on expedia and another hotel site. I swear they had friends of management write them because this place was a DUMP. Very disgusting, smelled horrible, wallpaper falling off the walls with glue slathered on the outside of it trying to hold it up, bathroom was gross, wouldn't shower there if I had to. We immediately asked for refund and they REFUSED. So I called hotwire and got a refund through them and booked a neighboring hotel. It was only 40 a night but I wouldn't stay there for free. Awful smelling room, rude staff, disgusting conditions. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
1.2 km away
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Crystal Inn & Suites
Crystal Inn & Suites
#10 of 18 in Galloway

Been to Liberty Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK