“Remodeled old hotel”

Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Checked in , office smelled like urine . Hotel was remodeled with other old hotel stuff. No blankets , just dirty bed cover ( was told that's the blanket) asked for more pillows , was told " you have 4 already " towels small & dirty. They say they have free breakfast. That's in their lobby that's about 8 ft by 8th and is from 9 to 10am and is taken away promptly. No coffee in lobby. Pretty much a motel 6 like atmosphere. If your on a budget just take any hotel for $39 in the area . I'm sure you'll get the same. Don't let the "new " & grand opening " sign draw you in. It's not ! Reserved for $62. Total was to be $70. & they charged me more when I looked at the bill. When I checked in they handed me an old key , 1st sign a old hotel ! When I checked out the lady said wait , went in the back , then came out & told me " ok your free to go"! Not sure what that was about & didn't think I should have had to ask if it was ok with her to leave! Owned by patels , enough said . Pass on this one.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Sean B
ACCountryHearthInn, Manager at Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2015

Thank You For Stay At Country Hearth Inn And Review. Please let me know, how can we do more better and comfortable stay for your next visit. Sorry for any inconvenience. Again We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. As always, we appreciate your business. Thank You. Nick P.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 June 2011

The only thing wrong with this hotel is that the bed makes noise if you turn to the left or right and also they are hard beds.
But other than that it is a pleasant stay and i will stay if i can get a more comfortable bed.
But i love love love the hotel very much, and i will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank terrell524

Reviewed 2 May 2011

We just stayed at this motel on 4/30/11 and it was what it was...a basic motel room. We booked this hotel off a website where you don't know what you get til you pay, we were pleased with what we got. Check in was quick and easy. Noticed the small continental breakfast area but the food that was there the next morning looked edible. We chose to stop on the way home and eat somewhere else. Room was very clean upon arrival. Bathroom was overly large in my opinion. I did notice the smaller sized soap that a previous poster commented on. If you need more soap, just ask the front desk, they will give you more. The bed was comfy but it made noise when you rolled over. There was a blow dryer, microwave and mini frig in the room. Definitely a great value for what we paid.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angie0531

Reviewed 31 March 2011

We stayed from 3/25 to 3/28/2011 at this site. First of all their web site claims breakfast of which we got on Saturday and Sunday but come Monday, no breakfast. Manager claimed they only serve it on weekends. Nowhere on their website does it claim this.
You had to go to their small lobby and put all food on a tray and take it back to your room
to eat it. No breakfast area was provided. Their toilet paper was the cheapest I have
ever found. The soap was about 1 1/2 inchs long (tiny bar) and when we left the used
almost gone bar next to the sink they did not furnish a new one so we had to steal the one from the bath. One place I saw stated bathrobes and none was provided.
There was no blanket on the bed, just the bedcover that they do not wash because it
is only used for decoration. Had to run the heat higher then we are used to because of
no cover. Several hotels/motels on Route 30 in Galloway advertised room rates
within what we paid so even tho this was a good price I feel it was not up to what I
expected. I also went thru Travelocity to book this and their final price came back less
then what I had to pay when I checked in. This was upsetting since the price I got was
what I felt I would be charged for at check in.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RedontheheadIndiana

Reviewed 8 January 2011

I stayed in this hotel on my way to New York for a day in December 2010. It is a pretty new hotel and the rooms are well furnished. I liked the stay in the hotel. The rates are cheaper from Sunday to Thursday. For the weekend they are asking higher prices. Everything was nice for the hotel except it is about 10 miles to Atlantic City downtown. It is actually situated in Galloway. If you are planning to visit Atlantic City during the weekday, you can find a closer hotel with the same price but I cannot guarantee that you would have the same quality. There are 5-10 dollar full day parking lots in downtown. Even there are some streets that you can park for free.(That’s what I did)
There is no breakfast during the weekdays. They give breakfast only weekends. Except the breakfast and the distance, the hotel is lovely and I was pleased to stay there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank baknedicem

Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
1.6 km away
Relax Inn
#11 of 18 in Galloway
4.6 km away
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City

Been to Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK