“Great weekend escape” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Connectictut
“Great weekend escape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

My fiance and I spent last weekend at the Seaview Resort. I played both golf courses and she went to the spa. The resort was overwhelmingly lovely - relaxing, great service, excellent food - and the golf and spa were outstanding. The staff at the resort was wonderful, attentive and thoughtful. We can't wait to return.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have stayed at Seaview many times and always find the staff friendly and accommodating. The food outlets are great and the room service is always timely. I will miss the Starbucks but will enjoy the new Lavazza. I'm not all that stuck on Starbucks anyway! The beds..oh the beds..just devine.

Please stay just once at Seaview for any occasion..It's so worth it..and not to pricey either!

Room Tip: always ask for an upgrade..they will give it to you if they have it. Also the Bay view is very nice...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank M L
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed at the Seaview for two nights for a conference.

The excellent service started a week prior to my visit. I had shipped two boxes ahead of time to the resort for the conference. I called the resort to ensure that the boxes would be received and delivered to the conference room. I spoke with Jim in Security. He was very patient and described their process for handling deliveries for guests who have not yet checked in. And sure enough, at check in, the wonderful front desk clerk called and confirmed that the boxes had arrived and were being delivered to the conference room. She remembered me throughout my stay and always had a warm smile.

I had a basic king bed room. The resort is sprawling, but it was nice to walk the hallways and look and at all the lovely antiques and art. The room itself had a huge closet with a light, plenty of drawer space, and a desk and side chair. The bathroom was very large and even had a window. All of the windows in the room opened, which I was nice to get fresh air. The bed was amazingly comfortable. The room was spotlessly clean. Shower gel, shampoo and conditioner were dispensed from containers in the tub/shower combo. My only minor complaint was a light would be nice in the shower area, as the bathroom is so large that the light from the vanity does not quite penetrate the shower area. The towels were super thick and fluffy. Although there were no fridge or microwave in the room, I noticed that they could be rented for a small fee.

I did use the self park option. It was pouring rain the day I checked in, and it was a little bit of a walk, but most of the walkway was either covered, or there was inside access.

I ordered room service my first night (turkey sandwich and black bean soup). The order arrived in less than 15 minutes. A nice touch was that my two Coronas were in a bucket filled with ice. Everything was tasty. They do add a 20% gratuity and a $3 delivery fee, so unless you are feeling especially generous, there is no need to add an extra tip to the slip that they give you to sign.

The health club is open 24/7, which I very much appreciate since I am an early riser. There were 3 ellipticals, 4 treadmills, 3 bikes and lots of free weights and weight machines. I was pleasantly surprised with how well equipped the center was. There were plenty of cups, towels, water, and ear buds available on both days.

The conference facilities and other public areas are beautiful. The Noyes art exhibit is lovely (here I go using that word again). All of the public restrooms that I saw were clean and had nice touches like beautiful wooden side tables.

We had a beer in the lounge (they had a nice selection of microbrews). It did seem odd that there were tables pushed close to the bar so that no one could actually sit at the bar. It didn't matter for us, though, as there were plenty of tables available to sit at.

All of the staff that I encountered were friendly and helpful. They even went out of their way to find a knife to cut open the zip tie on one of our shipping containers. The conference center staff were a hoot and were kind enough to find chairs for us. All of the conference meals, including breakfast, were gourmet quality.

I highly recommend this resort if you are looking for a peaceful, classy option nearby to Atlantic city.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Aston, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We recently spent the weekend at this resort simply because we had tickets to a show on Saturday night. After seeing the outrageous weekend prices for the casinos, we found this place and thought it seemed nice and was reasonably priced in comparison. The resort is absolutely beautiful and all of the staff , from the valets to the bell staff to the front desk to the waitstaff in the restaurant, was so friendly and accommodating, meeting all of your needs. The rooms are beautiful and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. We had the buffet breakfast with our room rate--delicious including an omelette and belgian waffle station. Sunday we treated ourselves to their large later brunch buffet, which was even more spectacular and delicious. The grounds are spacious, beautiful and well manicured---we enjoyed just sitting outside in their chairs enjoying the sunlight and wonderful view. When I read some of the other reviews, I decided some people can never be pleased and should just stay home. We, on the other hand, will definitely be returning to this wonderful resort. Thanks to everyone who made our stay so nice and relaxing.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is the second time we stayed at this "resort". I really only consider it a resort if you play golf. There is a spa that they do provide a shuttle for, but it is not right on the resort property. There is an indoor and outdoor pool and an exercise room with modern equipment. Unfortunately, to get to the gym or the indoor pool, you have to walk through the lobby and bar/restaurant which is pretty awkward after being sweaty or wet from the pool. Parking is another problem. If you don't want to valet park, you have to walk quite a distance to get to the lobby. That can be a pain if you don't drop your luggage at the door, so make sure you have a few bucks on you to tip the bellhop and let them help you with your bags. During the day, parking was worse and very hard to find. The hotel has a lot of history and a quaint charm about it. There is a strange odor when you walk into the main lobby - it smelled like a nursing home, but it is very clean. Our room was comfortable, and overlooked the pool. It was a pleasant view with a very comfortable King size bed. The room was spacious. There are no mini fridges or safe in the room. We had taken some light snacks because we were staying for 2 days, but we had to buy a cooler and keep ice on our food assuming we would have had a fridge in the room. That was not really a big deal - the ice machine and soda machine were right next to our room. The shower had great water pressure and they have soap, conditioner and shampoo dispensers on the shower wall so you don't have to deal with the little messy bars of soap. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. We did not eat at the restaurants this time, or use the pool. We did use the fitness center which was well maintained. There was a water cooler, individually wrapped ear buds, towels and even a basket of apples. I liked the extra little touches. As I said, this was our second time back so overall - it's a great place to stay if you are looking for comfort, clean and reasonably priced accommodations.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view or you will be facing the road.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nikkib108
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
8.6 km away
#2 of 50 in Atlantic City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,033 reviews
10.8 km away
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel

Been to Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK