“Good food...fab surroundings!!”

Add it.
Bride Valley Bistro and Bar
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 57
Cuisines: British
Description: The Bride is located on the river Bride with a conservatory restaurant & decking overlooking the river. Serving a large range of Seafood with Fresh Lobster & Oysters. Using locally sourced foods and home made delicious desserts, all meats are reared and produced locally. Home of Brdie View Foods.
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Really nice well cooked meal served by the attentive and personable Andrea. Lovely dining experience

1  Thank David M

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Having written before that the Brideview was "nearly" perfect...I am pleased that on our last visit it was perfect. The quality and selection of food was excellent and served in decent portions. Lovely service and ambience as always, comfortable informality and it was packed with people waiting for tables to become free.... so the word is out...The Brideview is the place to eat !
We will be regular visitors and bring our friends.

Date of visit: June 2012
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We booked late, so had to take the 8.30 sitting.The ambiance was pleasant,the bar area could do with an upgrade.The food was good, warm, and filling, and excellent value.Overlooking the river Bride, the dining room is perfectly positioned, for any special occasion.
We had prompt efficient service,in a very busy restaurant. It was too cool in June 2012,to avail of the veranda which overhangs the riverside,which was a pity, it's position most calming,and romantic.Ideal for a small wedding party,or family occasion,this venue caters for lover of good food, in intimate location.

Date of visit: June 2012
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stopped off here for a bite to eat kn the way home from cork and it was one of the most enjoyable afternoons I've had in a while. The food was beautiful, we had pate and oysters to start. The chicken salad and chicken bap to follow, baked Alaska (amazing) and raspberry roulade (divine) followed by baileys coffee. All that plus two glasses of wine came to 75euro. Maybe not the cheapest lunch ever but worth every penny. We rolled out the door stuffed to the gills and didn't need to eat for the rest of the day! The setting us wonderful next to the river, excellent service and we will definitely be back

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband, my parents and I ate in the Bride View Bar & Bistro recently. I live in the area and I have passed the bar many times, but this was my first time eating in it and we weren’t disappointed. The bar is situated in a very pretty location overlooking the river. The bar area is lovely, with a little section at the door selling their own homemade products, it looks like it has been recently decorated, but in a beautiful traditional style. It was a cold evening and there was a very welcoming turf fire burning in the grate. The restaurant is also recently renovated in a more contemporary style with lovely views overlooking the river and there is outdoor seating for summer (or the very hardy!).

The menu is interesting and extensive, without having so much choice that it becomes overwhelming. The menu is quite ‘fish heavy’ but there are a number of meat dishes also. To start, two of us had chicken liver pate with a red onion marmalade which was delicious. My husband had the warm chicken salad which is also available as a mains. The dressing on this was to die for, it is home made and was available to purchase. For mains, we had trio of monkfish, prawn and hake, sirloin steak and lemon sole. Everything was just delicious and perfectly cooked. The sauces were tasty and complimented the meals without overpowering them, they let the quality of the fish speak for themselves. The lemon sole was particularly nice, it was breaded, but the breading was so light and delicate. I could have eaten a plate full of the vegetables alone, they were mashed carrots and creamed leek. The leek especially was gorgeous, wouldn’t like to think how much cream there was in them! My husband had the steak and it was so good, he even ate the mushrooms that it was served with… he never normally eats mushrooms! For dessert we had sticky toffee pudding, meringue roulade and stewed apple crumble. Again, everything was just delicious. We left full and happy, but not uncomfortably full either, the servings were just right.

The service was excellent, they were friendly and helpful without being overbearing. There was a nice gap between our courses so we didn’t feel at all rushed. The price was very competitive for the quality of the food, for 3 starters, 4 mains, 3 desserts and two glasses of wine, the bill came to €130 (and that was with us ordering the most expensive things on the menu). It was excellent value for the quality of the food and the lovely surroundings.

If I had one tiny fault (and this is me being mega picky) the pate is served with two large slices of sliced pan bread, cut in half. I would have expected it to be served with something a little more elegant! Also my bread was quite burned, I was quite surprised that the chef sent it out, as the attention to detail with everything else was superb. But it was a tiny flaw in an otherwise fabulous meal, we will definitely be returning and am only sorry it took us so long to find this place!

Date of visit: February 2012