“Delicious - Toasted special to die for”
Review of Rustic Cafe - CLOSED

Rustic Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Good old fashioned home baked ham, the "good China" from grannies parlour and staff that couldn't be nicer. You need to know no other cafe in Lismore!!!

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Stopped with elderly father who has difficulty walking and has altzhimers and the first thing I have to say about the staff here was that he was greeted as though he was the only person they wanted to see that day, with a smile and guided to the best seat in the cafe, I loved that the lady spoke to him directly and asked what he wanted, and suggested things he may like. This is a big thing as my father has altzhimers and so many people avoid eye contact. Mind you, for the journey on to Killarney, he kept saying 'That was some place eh?' Thank you to that lady, you made a memory for us, which is a rare thing of late.

On a practical level, I am a coffee head and have to say that coffee was amazing (I only do beans...very good beans here!) We had a selection of cakes, home made and delicious.
If you are well behaved, you may get a lollipop !

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We had a delicious lunch here. The soup was amazing. The woman who runs the café, Claire told us some stories of her life and the village that were captivating. So glad we stopped by!!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

This cafe will bring you some memories from your old grand ma or grand ma. The owners are so friendly that you would like to stay for an entire day! The food is normal, not the best I got in my life but good. We had a long chat with the 2 women working there and it was nice, talking about life. I recommend!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 28 March 2016

Very friendly and obliging staff ; THE most delicious ham sandwiches complete with coleslaw, salad etc. But... The cakes are such a disappointment ! Stodgy, somewhat stale and a bit tasteless. Get the desserts right and this place could be a hit.

Date of visit: March 2016