Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2017

The hotel itself is OK, but the canal it is located beside stinks the place up. And then there's the bugs that no doubt love the canal... Which wouldn't have been an issue if all the openings in our room had been screened. However, there was an air vent over the door which opened to the hallway which had large open windows. So we had an infestation of mozzies one evening. Which can be a little disquieting when considering the quality of water in the hotel.
And for the good news: large room with a kitchen sink and a laundry drying rack! Nice touches! The provided breakfast was excellent Indian food, delivered to our room by the friendly staff. We were also provided directions to the excellent Mascot Restaurant up the road 5 minutes.
The WiFi was not working when we stayed.

Room tip: As far from the canal as you can get (if that's even possible).
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2017

In you look for an inexpensive accommodation in Kannur this is the place. For around 10 USD you get a spacious double room, clean and decent bathroom and even a small kitchen like place. It's not central but still a walkable distance from the heart of the city, and aprox. 15 minutes away from the beach. The only annoying thing is the mosquitos, there are plenty so don't open the window for the night. I was here for a second time and it is still probably the best budget option in Kannur.

Room tip: I found the rooms on 1st floor to be slightly cooler than the rooms on the 2nd floor.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2016

SS Residency far surpassed my expectations. The room was clean and well furnished, free breakfast was delicious and punctual, and the hotel was within walking distance from some very good restaurants, but the best part was the staff. Sayir, the owner and manager, was very friendly and helpful when it came to planning the day. He gave us tips on which attractions to see and which beaches to go to. All suggestions were wonderful! He arranged a scooter for us to rent for the duration of our stay and made sure that everything was taken of for us. I will definitely return to SS Residency.

Room tip: Rent a motorbike or scooter as many of the attractions are spread out
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

I booked this hotel through booking.com for my 2 nights stay in Kannur. I had heard a lot about Thayyam dance and the stories related to it. Additionally, Kannur was the only place I was visiting in Northern Kerala during my trip, so I badly wanted to experience Thayyam.

Sahil, who owns this hotel, is a gem of a gentleman. On my request, he came to pick me at the hotel. Told me the nearby places that I could check, some really good restaurants and also helped me figure out with theyyam dances and a village experience.

The hotel is clean with spacious rooms, toiletries provided and bottled water is available downstairs near the office. I also got a good local breakfast at the hotel which was delicious in taste. The only drawback was the wifi which had limited strength and is not available on the second level.

I found this hotel at a good location from Payyambalam beach and also, from town center/market. One can walk at night safe. There are a few thottakadu (street food stall) you can walk to and taste local food.

Arakal museum and Angelo's fort is a few minutes drive by auto or you can get a local bus.

Since I had a onward journey to Kochi by early morning train, Sahil himself came by to drop me off to station. Thank you so much, Sahil.

Highly recommend this place for a budget stay if you're visiting Kannur.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Adventure_Wanderlust
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

A very clean hotel with spacious rooms and very friendly owner. If you visit Kannur to see Theyyam ask for help at the reception desk, they can organize transportation for you even to most remote places. The location of the hotel is very convenient too. The center of Kannur is walking distance away, bus and railway station can be accessed by nominal rate auto rickshaw drive. Still the place is quiet enough for a good sleep. Very safe for solo women travelers. Kerala breakfast served everyday to the room. Sincerely recommended.

Date of stay: January 2016