All reviews snake park nice stay dosa room was spacious swimming pool hot water temple facilities govt balcony hospitality locality accommodation cleanliness
Reviewed 1 September 2015

I had seen the hotel while I was travelling in the area, and booked it after reading the reviews online. I would say it is one of the best in that region. Booked 3 rooms and was little worried how it would turn out to be.

But surprisingly the experience was very good. The hotel staff was very courteous, helpful and polite. Check-in process was very smooth. Rooms were very neat and clean, including the wash rooms. The property itself is maintained well, and is not very old.

Room service was good, and also the restaurant serves good food. One point was all the staff we interacted were very polite, helpful and courteous. The rooms were very spacious with balcony. I will, without doubt, choose this hotel for my future stay while travelling in the region. The price points are also not high considering other hotels with the same standards. Check-out online portals for good deals while booking.

Overall a superb experience with Hotel Polariz.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Gopikrishna_A
Reviewed 24 August 2015

We made a pilgrim trip to Trichambaram, Rajarajeswara, Parassinikadavu, Cherukkunnu and Vaidyanatha temples in Kannur on 22nd and 23rd August, 2015.

We booked our room through phone and Ms. Surabhi confirmed the booking at Rs.3000.00 + tax / DAY, totaling to Rs. 3500.00 for Deluxe Room (Room No.105). As per their site, following were supposed to be provided in-house at Free of Cost.

1. News Paper in all room - NOT PROVIDED

2. Business center (Wifi and Internet Facilities available) - I haven't used

3. Pool facilities for all rooms - They informed we can use it; but not used due to time constraint.

4. Fruit basket in suite rooms

5. Dental Kit - NOT PROVIDED. When requested, charged Rs.50.00 for a 10gm toothpaste and a seems to be used brush

6. Shaving kit - NOT PROVIDED

7. All purpose kit - I DON'T KNOW

8. Shoe Polish - NOT PROVIDED

9. Mineral water in all rooms - PROVIDED

10. Tea kettle with tea bag, Milk Powder and Sugar in Suite and Deluxe Rooms - WE GOT UPON REQUEST

10. Mini Fridge with Mini- Bar in Suite and Deluxe Rooms - NOT PROVIDED

I believe they provided their Standard Room and charged for Deluxe Room.

They got a restaurant that they claimed, serving all kind of foods. In the afternoon, we had Kerala Meals which was above average and was economically priced. In the night, when we asked for Mulligatawny Soup, they informed it is not available; so is the case of Tandoor Roti. Finally we settled for Chappathis. For this, we waited about 45 minutes. Again food was above average. The Bhindi fry (Jaipuri OR... I don't remember) was good. The breakfast is complimentary; but with limited option - bread butter/jam/boiled egg; Rava uppuma; Puttu and Kadala (all Southern dishes) with coffee / tea and watermelon juice. Good.

The only + point was prompt room service, especially Ms. Sajitha / Mr. Vaisakh and Ms. Surabhi. We faced problems with water heater / non-functioning of TV remote and those were promptly attended to. Since they are using Solar power, they informed, hot water will not be readily available when opening the tap and that the guest has to turn the tap towards left side for some time before proceeding to their daily chorus.

The travel agent booked by the hotel for our local transportation was another issue. We had to have a small dispute before settling their amount, which I feel, was exorbitant.

Overall, an average hotel with high price tag. I opted this hotel only because all the above destinations are within 10Kms radius from the hotel and also the other hotel, Dreams Guest House (I don't know, what is stored there) was not available.

Room Tip: To be frank, I don't know
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank PGPURAM2009
Reviewed 2 August 2015

Pretty decent Hotel, with good well mannered staff. Close to Parrisinikadavu and has lots of temples close to this hotel, including Water Park and Snake Park. One look at the hotel from outside and you know that this is a Star Hotel with excellent facilities. The Hotel Restaurant serves excellent food. The only concern though was WIFI, which was quite slow (this time around)

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2015

We stayed in polariz because my daughter has join NIFT Kannur. It is the best hotel near Nift Kannur. The hotel is comfortable, clean. the staff are very helpful. The manager Mr.Sushil and his Staff Thomas, Viran, Dlip were very helpful. They provided a very comfortable stay. The food is good. should try the local food. Need improvment on breakfast.Tried the north indian food was good in that area. Autos and bues are avaliable otherwise hotel staff will help in getting one. Our stay was just like home. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try taking upper floors.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2015

I stayed here for one night on 12th July. came for friend's wedding. this is a very good hotel. staffs are friendly, restaurant offers good food. rooms are clean. the AC in our room was not working properly. we called the staff at around 11.30pm and immediately the technician came and acknowledged the problem. then they allotted us a different room immediately. i am very pleased with their attitude and i would recomend this hotel to all going to to Kannur. only draw back is it is away from Kannur town.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends