“Restaurant at Caltex Junction”
Review of Rara Avis

Rara Avis
Ranked #27 of 131 Restaurants in Kannur
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Indian
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Rara Avis has decent food, limited options and car parking. The location is good.

Food is a bit spicier, and is relatively not crowded.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Myself with family of 5 members had a terrifble experience here recently. I am a foodie person and frequently took lunch or dinner from some premium hotels. After a purchase, I visited this hotel and felt like entering an old bar. The lighting was very poor and it was too hot inside even though AC was working. The chairs were very heavy and not movable by one person. The service guy was not happy when I ordered 2 CB and 2 veg meals. All the bearers are Bengali babus. The chicken cream soup served was so thick that we thought it as curd. My kid was very font of chicken cream soup but he didn't even took 2 tea spoon of the same. When I informed this to the receptionist, he was defending badly. As the CB was not tasty, my wife stopped eating with half the plate. My kid and parents left the place immediately their meals are over and didn't wait for me to finish as they were very much irritated inside. My stomach damaged in the evening as the chicken might be old one. Never opt this hotel which merely stands for money and not for food. Beware, I doubt all the staff inside the kitchen is Bengalis and this indicates the poor hygiene they maintaining..Pls pls..don't lose your day just because of this pathetic experience..

Reviewed 20 May 2017

visited this place with family. have good parking space. was greated by courteous staff loved their paneer dishes and all other dishes were very much average. went their without much expectations so felt it to be very average restaurant. would recommend to anyone who loves paneer :)

Reviewed 21 March 2017

my waiter straight away started with all chinese items .i asked him "no ordinary meals or ordinary items here' he zoomed me for a while and i ordered for a mutton item which they called as something "mutton varattiyath" he served me a portion which is easily eatable for 3 persons.billed a big amt. he revenged me for my common question of common man.overall bad experience.quality also par below of their head quarters in thalassery.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Good biriyani. Also tried few chicken starters. Tasty as well as value for money. Parking is available close to the restaurant.