“Excellent! Must visit if staying after the Ajanta caves”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Plaza

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jalgaon
Hotel Plaza
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent! Must visit if staying after the Ajanta caves”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed here last night and feel compelled to jump online quickly to give this my warmest most glowing recommendation.

THe owner, Chhatrasen, is an absolute godsend and you feel like you are truly being welcomed into his home. Nothing is too much trouble, without even asking he furnished me with several hand drawn maps of the city, recommendations for dinner, internet and supermarkets and, then, just when I couldnt have loved him anymore, help sorting out the train tickets for tomorrow. He rang the office, harassed them in Hindi, and got me tickets on a special reserve section of a train I needed.

The rooms are astonishingly good value, clean and well maintained. Without any degree of exageration I can honestly say these are by far the best budget rooms I have ever stayed in in India, and I'm struggling to think of much better value in Asia as a whole. He has a wide range of rooms for all budgets and is happy to show you around. Honestly five stars for this place, if everywhere were like this in India, it would be a much happier place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
West Yorks, UK
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Our tour group had already done Ajanta & Ellora caves when we hit Jalgaon. We used this place as a night stop over before heading off to Omkareshwar. Wasn't expecting much but was pretty surprised by how clean my little room was. The bed was actually very comfortable dispite the mattress looking a little thin. Don't think there's much to do in Jalgaon itself but I'm sure you'll find this place perfect as a rest point.
One disappointment was that there didn't seem to be any eating facilitites, the manager arranged simple breakfast items to be brought over to the hotel for group members in the morning. I'd still recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This hotel was a breath of fresh air, saver and oasis. The owner was friendly and best of all very upfront and honest about everything. So nice, so clean, so honest. Great service. They have a variety of rooms so you can work within your budget. They show you the rooms they have available so you can really decide what you want to spend. I have spent about 2 months total traveling through India and out of all the hotels we stayed at this hotel was second only to the Taj.

Room Tip: The big room at the front is so worth it.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed here in March 2012 as a convenient stop off location for Ajanta caves. The hotel is in a great location, just up from the train station, is clean and has extremely helpful owners. The hotel has a number of rooms to choose from and yes, they did give me a choice and not just lead me to the most expensive room ( though they did have a lovely fancy looking room at the front). They were honest that my room did not have hot water but instead brought me massive buckets of piping hot water when I wanted to bath and honest that my selection of room was noisy. The owners provided me with detailed information on what bus and time I could catch to go to Ajanta Caves, the name of a great restaurant and ice cream parlour to eat at, information about my train and chai each morning. Hotel Plaza is a private hotel with a family that takes pride in it's service and being an honest player in the world of Indian hotels. Thanks for the assistance and pleasant chats.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Bikaner, India
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This hotel is a comfrotable and pleasant place to rest easy in Jalgaon. The rooms are spotlessly clean and tidy with an easy going management, all for a the best rates one will find. The hotel has different options of room sizes and window aspects. It is one of the best hotels I have stayed during my travels In India.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo