All reviews white rabbit alice in wonderland attention to detail the owner complimentary mini bar mad hatter out of this world course taster menu cheshire cat boutique hotel every corner amazing hotel march hare beef underfloor heating caterpillar room wine flight
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I really don't know where to begin!
What an incredible place. Modern, eclectic, quirky yet traditional in so many ways. This has been on the list of places to do for some time so I went with my sister for an overnight stay and a 7 course taster menu. OH. WOW.
As soon as you arrive the staff are extremely welcoming and friendly and you are personally shown to your room on check in. We stayed in Jabberwocky - dark, a little moody, with a definite case of old meets new. The attention to detail in the rooms is fabulous - a complimentary mini bar, snacks, an ipad, quality toiletries, underfloor heating, robes and slippers. It's impossible to fully describe the décor but suffice to say no expense or imagination has been spared in the design and finish - and that's true for the whole hotel. I really like the intimacy of the place; just 9 bedrooms, a very cosy, warn restaurant and a comfortable leather clad bar. The garden area is quaint with little benches dotted around the secret paths.
The food. Oh, the food! This has to be a contender for a Michelin star because the standard was an equal match for all Michelin starred meals I've eaten. We chose to take the wine flight with our taster menu and were not disappointed. Each wine was served by Pieter, the owner and an impeccable host who really made us feel as though we were guests in his home. The wines came with a full description and the opportunity for us to ask questions, and we had a de-brief after each one to share our opinions!
Each course of our menu was served with a detailed explanation of what we were about to eat - a personal love of mine is when the staff have a comprehensive knowledge of what they are serving and are able to speak easily about the food, it's origins and the way it has been cooked and served. We worked our way, unhurried, through "nibbles" with warm bread and butters, goats cheese with beetroot and candied walnut, glazed octopus, duck egg with mushrooms and parmesan crisps, brill with crab orzo and crisp fried soft shell crab, duck breast with vegetables, apple crumble with sorbet and chocolate and caramel with honeycomb!! Our feedback from every course was gratefully received although there was nothing but praise to be given! The whole experience is one of the best I've had and I would not hesitate to recommend the restaurant for it's exceptional quality, extremely high standards and wonderful attention to detail and taste.
We took coffee in the bar, served with liquorice allsorts, and spent some time chatting with our host (although my attention was distracted by his ever so cute dog, Charlie!). Once again we felt relaxed and welcome.
After a comfortable night in a huge bed with only the sound of an owl to be heard, we ventured to breakfast but after my feast the previous night I couldn't do it much justice! What we did eat again showed quality of ingredients and care of cooking and preparation.
It is impossible to walk around this building without pointing and commenting on the myriad of display pieces and quirky furniture all tucked around original features such as the beautiful fire place in the reception area. My advice - go slowly, there is SO much to see!
To all at Glazebrook, thank you for such a memorable experience. You are unique and well deserving of any accolade bestowed on you.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We had afternoon tea at the fabulous Glazebrook House Hotel, which has an amazing interior partly inspired by Lewis Carroll's 'Alice in Wonderland'. The tea was truly delicious and the staff charming, friendly and welcoming. Not to be missed.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is incredible, attention to detail is visible everywhere you look. The rooms are so romantic, and the decor is just awesome. The staff are all SO friendly, couldn't have done more for us! Bar is well stocked of gin, and the food was definitely one of the best bits of our stay. I literally cannot wait to go back! THANK YOU Glazebrook :)

1  Thank Olivia F
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed at Glazebrook House Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. From the moment we checked in, Peter, the owner, made us feel very welcome. Rooms were extremely well finished with great attention to detail.
Great Food and Bar.
We look forward to going back someday.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We went here tonight for my birthday and we're not disappointed. The food was excellent, not cheap but worth it and the decor was really stylish and quirky!
We only went for dinner but a very particular friend said the bedrooms are excellent and unusual i.e. An Alice in Wonderland themed room.