“The Best Sweet Green Pepper and Cucumber Salad I Have Ever Had”

Caffe Bar Kod Tri Mornara
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Senj
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Not much was open early season in Senj when we arrived, but this lovely cafe with covered eating was open and we ate there several times. The wait staff was superb, the food was great, the view of the sea unbeatable. But what I will always remember is the wonderful amazing salad I had. Being glutton free isn't fun, especially when traveling, so I usually order a salad that is safe. The first bite of this salad was a shock to my senses, I'd never tasted a sweet pepper like this one in my life. In fact, even on my fork going to my mouth I thought it was celery. These sublime peppers are grown locally I found out from our waitress. She explained where and how to buy them from the local farmer the next morning, so we were up bright and early seeking this farmer out. I bought several, and I planned to eat them and take the seeds home to plant. We bought meats and cheeses and fruit at the grocery for a picnic, and ate the peppers for our lunch that day. Much to my chagrin, my husband checked out what we are allowed to return home with, and seeds are a no no. I think I almost cried when I threw them away. So remember to order this salad when you are there and think of me. I will try to get back.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Meeting the "motor race 2017" we stopped for a drink in this bar, 7 large beers 250 kn without bills! A catastrophe. We'll never stop here again!

3  Thank bevcborut
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Excellent food,friendly stuff and fast service. Large portions at very reasonable prices and a very nice read and white wine.

Definitely recommend

Reviewed 3 June 2017

My family's lunch experience at this restaurant is disgusting, food and service are so primitive that just such "restaurants" should be avoided! I was in Croatia for the first time and this was my shot!

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

nice location near parking lot, very friendly staff, good coffe, cold drinks...that is all you need ;)