The Spa Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Brockley Hall Hotel(Saltburn-by-the-Sea)
View Hotel
Hunley Hotel and Golf Club(Saltburn-by-the-Sea)
  • Restaurant
The Grapes Inn(Easington)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsamber roomspatio doorsconservatory restaurantlovely hoteldecking areafunction roomoverlooking the sealovely viewfamily roomcomfy bedafternoon teaevening mealone night staycan't faultmember of staffstaff were lovelysandwiches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had a dad trip here and had lunch. Excellent choice of light and more substantial meals. Staff were very helpful as one of the party is gluten intolerant and staff went out of their way to help. The food was very good.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have recently returned from a lovely 3 night stay at The Spa Hotel.
This wonderful small hotel is situated on Saltburn Cliff overlooking the beach, with views of the pier and within walking distance to the town and train station. Near to the Cleveland Way. There are 2 car parks on site. A good base for exploring the North Yorkshire Coast and Moors. Middlesborough and Teesside are approximately 12 miles away. We used it as a base to see our daughter who is at Teeside University. It took her about 1/2 hour to drive to Saltburn,
Saltburn is a quiet seaside town. The pier is popular with those that like fishing.
Fish and chips from the Seaview Restaurant near the pier are a must. You can eat in or take them out and enjoying them sitting on one of the many benches along the sea front or on the pier. But be prepared for long queues.
The hotel has recently been beautifully refurbished. It has 28 ensuite rooms.
We stayed in a family room as the double rooms were fully booked.
Our room was clean,nicely furnished and comfortable with ample storage space with views over looking the sea front. Coffee and tea making facilities are in the room.
The bed was comfortable.
The bathroom though small was sufficient for our needs. The shower is over the bath.
There were ample hot water and towels. The room was cleaned daily.
Check in was quick and efficient. A second key card was given without any qualms on our request.
The bar has 2 craft ales inaddition to the usual beers and a substantial selection of Spirits including numerous Gins. It also has a section on the bar itself that caters for dogs. There are views of the seafront from the bar area.
The restaurant is located in a large comfortable Conservatory. It has a nice relaxed atmosphere and welcomes children. The restaurant team led by Steve and Richard are welcoming, friendly and efficient. The staff enquire about food allergies when ordering your food.
Breakfast was very good. Fresh fruit, yoghurt, a good selection of cereal, toast and Danish pastries are on a buffet. The cooked breakfast was good.
When passing the restaurant during the day, we noted that it was buzzing with families.
The evening menu is varied and caters for all tastes. All our meals including Easter Sunday lunch were absolutely delicious, generous portions served hot and very reasonably priced. Congratulations to the chef/chefs for the scrumptious creative twists to traditional food.
All the staff at the hotel are lovely, friendly and attentive. They are a happy crew that go out of their way to welcome and please everyone - Thank you.
Special thanks to Steve, Richard, Susie and the rest of the girls in the restaurant for making out stay memorable.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello,
We held my dads surprise 50th with yourselves on Saturday and I cannot begin to tell you how impressed we were with everything.
I have had ongoing emails with Gwen your events coordinator and she was incredibly nice and helpful. Not at all pushy (as some places can be) when we originally looked around, she was lovely a brilliant person to have running that side of things.
On the night my cousins and I arrived early to set up. We checked into the rooms we have reserved and got ready in my aunts room (31) and everyone was blown away. All the rooms were lovely everywhere was so clean and well kept (and the next morning they were all raving about how good breakfast was)
The actual function ran seamlessly and I was never made to feel like anything was too much. As it was a surprise the girls at the front of house asked to see a photo of him so they knew who he was and seemed just as excited as us. Everyone was so welcoming and professional and we can't thank you enough for a wonderful experience.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here on my own as a single lady on a last minute booking, and I had a perfect one night stay.
I had one of the premier rooms that had a view over the hills and sea, which had everything I needed, including lovely toiletries and a bathrobe.
The lady on reception couldn't have been more kind and helpful. I'd made an email enquiry earlier asking if they did room service, and received a reply saying they didn't, but she said as I was on my own and may not feel comfortable going to the restaurant, they would accommodate me.
I had a delicious seafood platter with a small bottle of prosecco delivered to my room by a very friendly member of staff - perfect!
Thank yoy - I won't hesitate coming here again on my own... a lovely relaxing stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We've just had a spa break here and the experience was so wonderful! Such a warm friendly welcoming by everyone! The spa experience was the best we've ever had and the food and accommodation was out of this world. Whoever runs this hotel and the staff must have so much pride in their hotel and work! Breath taking views and a beautiful bedroom!! Lovely place and would ideal for weddings as they have some lovely pamper packages for the bride and groom! Will definitely be coming back

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple