Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
jaythomp46vr
Launceston, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews brilliant experience birthday treat fantastic afternoon all ages great fun under cover this family run business whole family safety talk fantastic family three hours thoroughly recommend a visit fun afternoon hot and cold drinks expert instruction feel very welcome crisps
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Amazing morning, we all had fun, great set up and Andy and his team were fantastic. I can only agree with all the other reviews and would highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

An absolutely Amazing afternoon with Andy and his Team ... we had so much fun and we all were expertly tutored.... We all can’t thank you enough for an outstanding afternoon.... we are already planning and looking forward for a return visit... many thanks Andy ... from Jay , Claire, Layla, Dean , Richard ,Sandra
Highly recommend

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I went here after finding it online and what a great find it was! I loved archery when I was younger so really wanted to try it again. I had so much fun! the family that run the center are very friendly and knowledgeable. After a safety talk, and your bow and arrows being chosen for you, you are straight in the action and are shooting arrows for around 1.5/2 hours (we were in a group of 2, so we were faster going round it) the games are great fun and the setting/view is beautiful. Behind each door is a different scene to shoot, which is revealed behind two large doors- adding to the excitement. We managed to get on the score board too! We were so excited about that! A wonderful afternoon out, we will be back! Thank you

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

There is a reason this family run business only has 5 star reviews--it's because it never deserves any less! We have been 5 times now and it is immaculately run by a wonderful family who simply love their business and teaching people about archery. You must book up months in advance, and although you don't need a big group, it is really fun to bring a bunch of friends and play together. It can be in fair or foul weather, with plenty of photo opportunities, good disabled access, good toilet and unlimited hot and cold drinks.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Just spent nearly 3 hours at the Dragon Archery Centre.
Cannot recommend it highly enough. Such an amazing place, fantastic staff, and wonderful facility.
Doesn’t matter what the weather is like as well so good to visit anytime at all.
A complete must if you are anywhere in the area, and good for anyone of any age and ability.
The only issue is, can we go back before our holiday finishes!!

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Had a great morning here with my 9 year old. A great set up where you move through rooms shooting at different external targets from each room. The one on one archery teaching is brilliant and your helper stays with you throughout, very good in creating a mildly competitive but fun atmosphere and I really wanted to become a dragon slayer at the end but sadly missed by a hairs breadth - or about 10cm depending on who tells it :-). My son loved it as well, well worth the price. The owners-staff where friendly and welcoming, helpful and patient. Give it a go.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

We went this summer as a family of four with a 13-year-old daughter and An 8 yr old son.

The family are very welcoming and it is great in wet or dry weather as you are continually undercover, there are complimentary drinks and snacks throughout.
Andy is very knowledgeable and puts you at ease straight away, you are well fitted to your bow and then have one-to-one instruction from his staff.

They have invented three arenas in which to practice your archery with solo and team games to make increase the fun. There is a dinosaur arena a Lord of the rings arena and recreation of the Battle of Agincourt. You then finish with the highlight of the Dragon with the hope to end up with your name on the shield of the dragonslayers.

I really hadn’t done much archery before where as my family have done it frequently I found this not to be a disadvantage as with the one-to-one training I actually managed to win one of the games!

I would highly recommend this as a half day trip. We will definitely be returning

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

What a great time we spent yesterday in the very knowledgeable & capable hands of Andy & Joy Smith and family in their All weather archery in Devon.
We ranged (age wise) from 8 to 75+ and all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves with the family competition coming down to the last arrow.
The Smiths couldn’t do enough for us, it was 100% safe and the time simply flew bye like a speeding arrow...
If you’re in the area, book in advance & go experience everything-no previous archery is needed-I managed 2 spiders, 3 Wolves, Orks and many, many more but I didn’t slay the dragon....maybe next time!! Thanks guys..

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Fun family activity for adults and children. Ours are teenagers, but would suit a well behaved 8yo and up. We were teamed up with another family, one of whom was probably the other side of 70 so really does suit all. Fantastic layout, excellent supervision, instruction and targets. Better still even if it rains (as is prone to in Devon) you stay dry !! Will definitely be re-visiting to re-take the challenge of Dragon Slayer :)

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I would highly recommend this venue, it would be great for parties old and young. We spent 3hrs and had a fabulous time. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. This would suit scout groups as well. I didn’t come away as a dragon slayer, but definitely would like to try again!