All reviews hire car late booking pool area is welcome pack beautiful island separate kitchen two weeks the owner lovely lady self catering second week short drive shared pool thalia reps studio tavernas
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Alexanna apartments were great and just what we wanted for our holiday break! We stayed in Terpis which was one of the groud floor aparments - had a large private balcony and sea view. The studio itself was lovely and modern and really spotless! Beds were comfy and air con was really handy.

Although we didn’t cook in the apartment, it was well equipped for this. The pool area is nice with plenty of sunbeds. Make sure to take insect repellant as they seemed to apprear out around dusk.

The apartments are situated uphill from Fiskardo - not walkable so the car was great and allowed us to see more of the island at our own pace. We got a taxi (‭00 30 693 2637072‬) a couple of times down which was only 8 euros.

We also went to Maganos village which is closer to the aparments a couple of nights. Its about a 5min drive (20 min walk along the road which was really enjoyable at sunset). Here there are a couple of shops for groceries etc and a few nice restaurants.

We would also recommend Acqua restaurant at Alties beach, a short drive away where you can watch the sunset. Captains Cabin and Panormos resturants were also nice in Fiskardo bay.

We visited Melissani lake and the Drogarati caves near Sami which we would recommend the drive to.
There is also a nice beach there with beach bars at Antisamos beach.

All in all a great place to stay and a really beautiful island!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I have to agree wholeheartedly with the previous review from auntieh22, we were also very disappointed with the quality of the apartment at Alexanna Apartments. My husband and I were really shocked when we entered our apartment as it looked nothing like the pictures on the tour operators website. I looked back on the previous reviews on tripadvisor and even started to doubt myself as they were all so good...were we being unrealistic in our expectations I wondered, as everyone else thinks they're wonderful? It was only during our holiday that auntieh22's review was posted and I realised that there was someone else out there that felt the same. The apartment was dark and gloomy, the fittings were shabby and very dated, the bed and the sofa's rock hard, and offered no comfort whatsoever, and don't even get me started on the bathroom. The bathroom was tiny and really dated, the loo leaked constantly and had a very nasty smell, I asked the cleaners to give it a really good clean when they came in to clean mid-week, and they did their best, but I don't think there was anything they could do to make it an enjoyable space for your daily ablutions, it seriously needs a complete refurb, as does the whole apartment. I assume that some of the apartments had already been refurbed, going by the pictures on the website/brochure, but the one we were in (Kaliope) definitely hadn't. On a positive note, the view from the terrace was beautiful and the staff were very friendly and helpful, they replaced a faulty toaster that gave me an electric shock immediately, and replaced towels every time we asked no problem, but unfortunately nothing could be done about the apartment.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Doraydoe
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

The owner is a lovely lady. This review is not a criticism of her. We feel very misled by the photos and information on the tour operator's website (Ionian and Aegean Holidays). Based on these we were expecting a bright and spacious apartment with modern bathroom. This is sadly not what we got at all. The bedroom was so poky I had to walk sideways to get to my side of the bed. The bed was very hard; we don't mind a hard bed but this one was also lumpy and five days after returning home I still have a pain in my hip from not being able to get comfortable and possibly also the sideways walking. Bathroom was dated and poorly lit. Just one tiny window. No modern shower or basin as per the website photo, the shower was very small with an oldish looking curtain. My husband is 6ft 5 so he had very little room to manoeuvre. He commented the light was too dim to see to shave properly. The loo didn't flush very well so it began to smell and we ended up buying a toilet freshener to make it bearable. The only reasonably comfortable seats were outside on the terrace. The two sofas in the lounge were too hard and angular to sit in for long. The floor in the kitchen area wasn't particularly clean, especially beneath the fridge door. We were led to believe from the brochure on the website and in the apartment that there would be a washing machine but saw no sign of one. The apartments are fairly isolated. I suppose you could walk into Fiscardo or Maganos: some people seem to manage this but it's a long way and hilly. Really you need to drive to most places of interest. Positives were that the air con is in both rooms and works well and the view is great although we could only really see it properly from the door to the terrace or outside. We did talk to the Rep who would have been happy to move us but apparently everywhere was full. We love Fiskardo but wish we had stayed nearer to or in the village. We've since seen apartments and studios for rent in the village that would have cost us less. Some reviewers on here seem to have stayed in something similar to the standard we were expecting. Seems they were lucky. We are just disappointed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We had visited Fiscardo in May and were really taken with Kefalonia and wanted to see more. We travelled with Ionian and Aegean before, and had been impressed by the quiet efficiency, so were confident in making a late booking for September. We felt we had good value for money as a hire care was included for the two weeks. We booked the Thalia in the Alexanna Apartments. To say we were amaze is an understatement. The apartment was immaculate and very, very spacious. Two outside seating areas, one a glorious balcony that caught a breath taking view and a small area at the front,in the cool shade, facing the road.
We had a separate kitchen and a big bathroom, fully tiled (and plumbing that meant there was no poo bin!!)
The Apartment had everything you needed for a self catering holiday,though we rarely ate in.
A welcome package with essentials is provided,but you will need to do a quick shop for an evening snack meal if you are too tired to explore after the journey.
The supermarkets have everything you could need.
My Hubby went for fresh bread every morning for his bread and greek honey breakfast.
There was a very clean and well appointed shared pool area with excellent modern sun beds. We did not use this more than twice because the hire car took us on man daily adventures.We found many beautiful beaches and Tavernas and were stunned by the beautiful vistas that opened up around each corner.
The walk to Fiscardo in the evening was all down hill for 2.5 miles, it was a magical experience to walk down at dusk and to see the stars come out. The walk back up is ALL up hill we managed it four times but chickened out eventually and we got a taxi back in the second week!! This was 8 euros and we often found others to share the ride when we stood in the short queue waiting for the taxis at the back of the Hrabour.
Tavernas in Maganos, up hill,but closer,were also good.
The transfers and all transport was excellent and the reps were evident but not intrusive.
The owner, Rowenna, was charming and very interesting regarding the Island and rightly proud of her ideal properties.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Well where do we start.. this place is excellent. The local is ideal. The beds and rooms clean and in fact spotless. Car hire is essential. The self catering welcoming pack is brilliant... nice touch and the reps are fabulous.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family