All reviews superior room tennis courts pool bar private beach kids club games room half board a la carte restaurant main building plenty of sunbeds free of charge water sports bed and breakfast basis sea view greek night huge balcony beach shoes
Reviewed 2 October 2018

This hotel is really amazing, we've been here for the third time and we'll definitely also come next year because we feel there like at home. The staff is very friendly and comfy, the rooms are very comfortable and nice with a beautiful sea view.
Me and my husband were this september here on honeymoon and the staff has prepared us a very nice surprise upon arrival at hotel.
The food is great. Breakfast is very varied and dinners are prepared by typical Greek food.
I highly recommend this hotel to everyone who want to taste the paradise on earth!
Hardly wait next year to return!

Nina

Room Tip: superior room with a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

This is the best property on the island. The staff are terrific; Denisa at the front desk is always helpful and Konstantinos at the beach is always ready to bring you your beachside refreshments. The standard rooms have been renovated and are very lovely. I would recommend this property.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is truly amazing! Everything from the hotel itself, to the view, the surroundings, the food and the staff. We are so amazed by all this. The food is just perfect. We are here with our four months old baby and it has worked out just great. The staircase included, it’s no problem to literally walk around.
The gym is great and the pedicure and the massage was excellent.
And back to the food and the wine - just perfect. And a special shout out to the waiter Konstantinos (I think that’s his name). He should be the employee of the year. So service minded and happy and nice.
We can’t wait to come back here❤️

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2018

There is so much to recommend about Porto Galini - unfortunately our experience on arrival has slightly clouded my judgment as it left a nasty taste (more on this later).

The setting and views are spectacular, it is spotlessly clean everywhere and the customer service from the staff in the bar, restaurants and on the beach is exemplary. Jo & Vasilikis in the bar both remembered the way I like my coffee the 2nd time they served us, this makes you feel special! Konstantinos was delightful serving us our drinks on the beach and we had some lovely chats. The cleaning staff were lovely too.

The grounds are very pretty. The sea is really clear and clean - if you want to go snorkelling beach shoes would probably be a good idea. There are plenty of sun beds both on the beach, decks and round the pools, however unlike the previous reviewer we did observe people reserving sun beds - towels on beds all day with no people until late in the day! We didn’t use the free boards, canoes etc but good to have that option. There are a lot of steps if you go straight from top to bottom but there are ways to avoid some of them by zig zagging along some of the paths and taking the lift from the 3rd level down to the top Reception. There is a wonderful terrace with expansive views at Reception but unfortunately the bar was never open so you couldn’t enjoy a drink there.

If you are leaving after check out time do ask at Reception to reserve a shower room, free of charge for half an hour.

When I booked this through TUI there wasn’t an option to book a sea view room - the standard and superior rooms both said garden or sea views. So I went for the standard room and put a special request for a high floor and sea view. I also emailed Porto Galini with a couple of questions the week before we arrived and re-iterated this request. They very quickly responded to my questions but didn’t comment on the requests. On arrival we were taken to Room 24 on the buggy. This room turned out to be on a lower level and the balcony was surrounded by trees and a had view of a building in front of us. I immediately rang Reception and expressed my disappointment and asked whether we could be moved to a sea view room or one with a more open view, they said this would have to be referred to Reservations in the morning as they were full. My husband then went up to Reception to re-iterate this request in person and was given a load of reasons why we hadn’t been given a sea view room - we hadn’t booked directly with the hotel or early enough (we booked in June). Not quite sure what this says about how they value their British TUI customers and there were certainly myriad folders from different tour companies so not sure how much availability there would be for direct booking. Anyway we duly waited until the following day for some response from Reservations - well we are still waiting (we’ve been home for 5 days!). We didn’t pursue it at the time because by the end of the first day we just wanted to unpack and make the best of what we had - who wants to spend their week’s holiday making a fuss! Such poor Customer Service - I worked in a front facing role and one of the things that ensures people feel valued is to respond and give an explanation and some recompense if you are unable to fulfill their requirements. It seems so strange that we received such excellent service everywhere else, one would have thought it would have started from the one place that everyone has to use - Reception. Mind you reading a previous review I just feel relieved that we hadn’t paid for a sea view that wasn’t forthcoming without a fight!

Obviously we all want different things from our holidays, for me sitting on my balcony taking in the views and open skies enjoying a drink before we go out in the evening and again for a coffee when we return late in the evening is an integral part of my enjoyment of being abroad. Our room didn’t provide this for me - all I had to look at was a building and a few trees unless I sat leaning back on the edge of the balcony wall which wasn’t very relaxing! When we got back late the tree canopies prevented a view of the sky and were a breeding ground for flying things! So sadly an essential element of my holiday was spoilt!

The only other slightly negative thing is that where the facilities and how to utilise them and directions are all a bit vague. We did ask for a map of the complex which was helpful but we had to ask. There were a lot of people around at breakfast and in the day but on the couple of evenings when we were back early enough for a night cap it was practically deserted, so this is not a place for those wanting a night life on their doorstep!

The bus service from just outside the hotel is good, either towards Lefkada or Nydri or Vasilikis is good and very reasonable. Taxis from Nydri or Nikiana 8 Euros, 18 Euros from Lefkada Town. There is very little near enough to walk to.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanetteB2404
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

One of the best hotels I visited in the world. The stuff was super great and helpful. The hotel have a private beach with kayaks and more activities that are free of charge. We had a beautiful view from our balcony!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family