All reviews small pool grounds are beautiful the main road kolios beach lovely family run family run place the ground floor rooms single lady short walk agia paraskevi per day air con self catering first floor bus stop skiathos town slight hill
Reviewed 7 July 2018

This was my first visit to the Veronica studio. a single lady travelling on my own, i wanted something reasonable priced and not to far from my sister & brother in law who where staying at a nearby hotel., who i would be meeting every day. I chose this one on he positive review they had received, and the price. I must say that i was pleasantly surprise . when i arrived i was made to feel very welcome. Such a lovely family.So friendly & helpful. The slight hill that you have to walk up is only slight and it is quite well lite up of a night. I did the walk every evening on my own for a week at about 11-11:30pm each night and at no time ever did i feel afraid. 9 times out of 10 I always met someone to chat to along the way.
The room was spotless and everything you need was in the small kitchen. I stayed in room number 5 which had a nice sized balcony which was very pleasant to sit on in the early mornings and late afternoon. The number 15 bus is at the bottom of the hill which take about 5 mins to walk down to and the bus will take you from one end of the island to the other end all for an amazing 2 EUROS.
I had lovely people staying in the room next to mine who i would chat to, and who would believe, that it turned out that we live about 5 mins from each, back home in England.
There are so many places to eat. The island is just beautiful. My favourite place was The Green Park which is by bus stop number 16. `You can walk from bus stop 15 to 16 so easily about 10 minutes walk.Turn right as you come to the bottom of the hill and eep going straight it just passed Jimmy's It is sign posted up a lane which take about 5 mins to walk. Really well worth a visit. Its very pretty food was excellent and very reasonable priced.
I only have one extremely small suggestion and that would be about the shower.
(This is not a criticism) Just something that would make showering easier
The shower worked extremley well, but you could only use it as a hand shower, and so had to hold the shower with one hand and try and wash and shampoo your hair with the other, so it would be good if they could just add a shower hook/rod on the wall above for you to put the shower head into, so that you can shower at ease.
I would definitely recommend the Veronica to anyone.I have such a lovely stay.
Thanks to the family, and hope to see you next year. Brenda

Room tip: Even though the ground floor rooms have been tastefully upgraded.I think the outlook on the balcony is much better on the first floor.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank brendagough
Reviewed 18 June 2018

These apartments are lovely and quaint, and kept immaculately clean - our room was part way through refurbishment and was a nice fresh white throughout. Being the first time we've stayed somewhere self catering we didn't expect much, but the family that run these apartments are so friendly and do everything to make your stay as lovely as possible, but still leave you to it.

A few small issues with things like a leaking shower, but nothing worth moaning about as the overall stay was great. The hotel is a bit of a walk from the main road so if you have mobility issues it could be a problem, but for us once we got used to it, it was absolutely fine. It's also great that there is a little supermarket opposite - it's worth getting up at 8am for when it opens to bag one of their fresh, warm chocolate croissant - the best chocolate croissants we have ever had so drag yourself out of bed for them!

Our family was using 3 of the 10 rooms so the adjoining balconies was actually nice for us, but can imagine it would be a bit uncomfortable if strangers were staying either side as there are no dividers between each balcony.

It's lovely and quiet here, on the days we chose to stay by the pool we were mainly the only ones there so it felt like we were at a private pool - you can get a huge, ice cold Mythos from the small pool bar for 3 euros too which is great compared to the town and beaches! There is good food and snacks too, so everything you need for a relaxing day by the pool.

All in all, we had a fantastic stay here and would definitely return if we ever came back to Skiathos!

Room tip: For the best view and to avoid mosquito bites, get a room on the first floor instead of ground
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Olivia P
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Although we weren't staying at the Veronica Studios, we visited their bar a couple of times. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and we had some great cocktails. There was a group of people staying at the Veronica who were really friendly and good company.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank robertmarkp2016
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Our first visit here and already have booked twice next year !!! Apartments spotless, cleaned regularly, the family George, Magda And Iwanna (Joanna) couldn't do enough, we were even blessed to be invited in the family's home for our last meal, how many places would you get that?.
The island itself very clean and quiet, lots of fantastic places to eat.
Met some wonderful people who again have been coming back for the last 20 years (says it all) couldn't recommend this place enough. Thank you again to the family see you in May and again next September, Al & Julia

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pompey1969
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Such a lovely quiet place for a holiday. The family that run the apartments are so lovley, specially Jo (sorry we missed you when it was time to leave, but a big thank you for looking after us). Nothing appears to much trouble. The grounds are beautiful and and apartments spotless. Great bar and a fab breakfast, be sure to ask if mums homemade peach jam is available for your toast !!! Could not recommend this place strongly enough.......best holiday we have ever had....we will be returning.

Date of stay: August 2017