Luisa by the Sea
US$ 206
US$ 39
US$ 31
  • Breakfast included
Dona Sa Maria(Cavelossim)(Great Value!)
US$ 16
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswashing machinecasa grandekitchen equipmentstudio villavillas apartmentscleaning staffswimming poolminute walkdepartmental storecavelossim beachexcellent locationdoors and windowspeaceful holidayhungry sharkhome away from homefisherman's wharfbeautiful beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2011

My family & I (totaling 11 - incl my 3yr old) stayed at Luisa By The Sea in the 1st week of Jan 2011 and I must say this is the BEST place to stay! It was a wonderful experience! We really loved the villa which was provided to us and it more than met our expectations. LBTS feels like a very nice gated community with lots of trees, shrubs, flowers and lots of greenery. The place has 2 pools which is very convenient. The rooms and bathrooms were huge and we were provided with clean sheets and pillows and also additional pillows, beds as required, without any fuss! The villas have all modern amenities including a fully functional kitchen (fridge, m/w, plates, cups, cutlery etc). We dealt with Ms. Sophie George who was professional to the core and was very nice to us. She helped us with whatever we needed (at one point we needed a bigger cooking vessel and some curry leaves, which also she so kindly provided!!!). And the place has a lot of staff (gardners, cleaners, security) who are civil, courteous and never intrusive. The complex also retained some old school charm with a small wicket gate at the back which opens to the road leading to the beach (a 2 minute walk). Taxis outside the villa, stores, bars, spas/massage, restaurants within a stone's throw which made it all the more convenient. My stay was very blissful and I definitely plan to go back whenever I can!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
3  Thank RaNa2608
Reviewed 6 January 2011

This year will be our fifth year staying at Luisa by the sea. Every year we look forward to our escape from England to our piece of 'paradise'. Luisa is an ideal location for the beach and dining in the local village. The villas are compact and have everything one needs. The gardens are beautiful, well maintained and so tranquil with a choice of two pools.

Ms Sophie George always handles our booking and she has done so every year with politeness and efficiency and my husband and I now regard her as a friend. She gives us a warm welcome and is only too pleased to help if we should need it. The staff are diligent and always ready to assist the guests.

Cannot wait to return!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JaneOYates
Reviewed 26 December 2010

I was with my family at "luisa by the sea" from 11th dec'10 till 14th dec'10. The place is good but my only grouse is poor customer service. Also, the restaurant takes atleast an hour's time to deliver your food. Certain villas are being managed by Ms. Sophie George who definitely needs to undergo a training course in customer service. I had booked two villas next to each other but the day we reached the place, we were given villa no.56 and villa no.29 which were at half a minute walk from each other. In fact behind villa no.29 there was a garbage dump. Before finalizing the booking, i was shown the pics of two villas next to each other with email confirmation from Ms. Sophie regarding they being next to each other. We were not happy with the arrangement. Also, we had senior citizens with us and it would be difficult for them to walk from one villa to another. Instead of apologizing, she started complaining that, prior to booking the villas, i asked her too many questions for a mere 3-day stay and that we never told her that we have senior citizens. She was absolutely rude and refused to accept her mistake. She even had the audacity to tell us that we should leave her place if we are not happy with the arrangement. After a lot of argument, we were given villa no. 69 which was opposite to villa no. 56 but we had to pay higher price since the villa was managed by someone else. Later she tendered an apology email but it was also filled with accusations towards me and my family. My tip to fellow travelers is that if you are communicating with Ms. Sophie George then kindly be very specific about your requirements and keep all email communications/confirmations handy with you because what you see may not be what you get. She will not accept her mistake and the argument will continue for hours eventually spoiling your mood for the rest of the day. I would still recommend this place for its villas and location but beware of the customer service.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank sachinbangera
Reviewed 2 December 2010

My friends and I are just back from a trip to Goa. We were a group of 15 on a backpack trip to Goa, from Bangalore. We stayed at Luisa by the Sea, we were housed in one three bedroom apartment (which does not have a pool view), a two-bedroom and one-bedroom villas that was pool facing. In all, it was a great experience staying at this place, as it is self contained including cooking options, had a luxury feeling, as it was in midst of posh hotels but private and secured, closer to the beach, shacks, hotels etc. The rooms were neat and clean when we checked in however, they change spreads only once in three days including the towels. The cleaning staff was kind enough to clean the villas/ apartments on a daily basis though. The swimming pool was also clean and maintained very well. We stayed there for three nights but on the third night we ran into some power outages in select villas; this was a problem for the entire gated community than specific to a villa; the villas had power backup (inverters) but it could not sustain the prolonged outages. Otherwise, it was a memorable stay and trip

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank PRABHAKARAN-TP
joie_devivre69, Owner at Luisa by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you for your kind comments for my staff as also the ambience.
We look forward to seeing you again do drop us a line at joie_devivre69@hotmail.com or call (91)9821081420
Follow us on facebook our page is Ga Holiday at luisa by the sea Cavelossim and it has a little community and many updates on events

Warm wishes from Villa 59, 57 and 38
Sunita Saldanha

Reviewed 4 September 2010

We have had a beautiful experience for two years in succession staying at Sunshine villa in Luisa by the Sea. The villa is ideally located within 5 minute walk of the beach, restuarants and shopping. Sitting on the veranda and enjoying the poolside atmosphere and lush surroundings is such a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. The villa is nicely furnished with all amenities and the cleaning staff are thorough and go out of their way to offer assistance in any way.
We enjoyed our stay to such an extent that we have now purchased our own place in a nearby location.
We have recommended Luisa by the Sea to many of our relatives and friends.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ravi_dogra
annaho, Owner at Luisa by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2010

Dear guest ,

First of all , let me thank you very match for the trust that you shown to Louisa by the Sea , and to spend so many years in our bungalow " Sunshine " 9 weeks a year for so long , we will miss you.
Reading through your kind comments assure us that all our efforts have been worthwhile. We humbly work very hard every day to give our guests quality in every detail.
We appreciate your positive comments about our staff which had been shared wit them ; they are a real credit to us.

Kindly accept our warmest regards from sunny Goa.

Jean Pierre Hoffer