This hotel is impressive, as a combination of a beautiful nature with stylish architecture. It is located in a huge, beautiful, ayurvedic garden at the lagoon. Service is superb.
Lobby is build in a form of a palace, as an open pavilion, , furnished with antiquities, among them huge statue of Shiva Nataraja. "The walls" of this palace are made from the net, protecting against birds, and there are pools with exotic fish on the floor. Jungle enters this charming and luxurious place.
The reception was very good, we were tired after travelling in Karnataka province, and we had nice welcome. Our room was overlooking the lagoon (as probably most of the rooms) and luckily it was the first lagoon counting from the sea, which was very convenient, as we were close to the beach. There was a shuttle service to the beach, but it was nice to be conveniently located, as the hotel is really enormous and there is a lot of walking.
Between the beach and the hotel is a golf course, which adds charm to the landscape, with pink water lilies in small pools and green palms on a green grass - very picturesque.
The beach is very wide, enormous! And the sea is nice, however as there is a river nearby, it is not really clean and blue.
Morning and evening walks on a beach are safe and enjoyable, with a beautiful view to the distant mountains. For a change, you can take a hotel bike (complimentary) and ride to the beach or to the garden.
Rooms are spacious in colonial style, comfortable and well kept, with fruit basket served every morning and fresh water, there also are coffee and tea facilities in the room, morning newspaper etc - all these little things which make your life enjoyable.
Our little terrace allowed us to watch the bird at the lagoon - great variety of spacies, including King Fisher!
Breakfast was delicious - again, served in an open pavilion overlooking the golf-course, with variety of International and Asian food.
UNFORTUNATELY, we did not take half-board as we were mislead by tips of travellers that in Goa best food is in shacks on the beach. Well, in this point I do not agree. We wanted to try the local colour and in effect we suffered. Shack serve very basic food, fish with a lot of bones, crab with no meat, prices are European for a food which does not meet any standards, very disappointing. It is much better to take half board (although they have sort of complicated system, it is not just a buffet and you cannot have everything) and, then, if you really must try shack - you can do it once or two. The restaurant in Leela is superb, the lamb I had there was the best in the world, selection of wine was gorgeous and the atmosphere was - simply unforgettable!
What I did not like was the way they calculated drinks. I.e - ordering Campari and soda you were charged separately for Campari and soda, so the price doubled. I do not like this sort of tricks in first class hotels - but really, this is the only thing to complain.
I love Leela, and I would love to stay in such a hotel again, but not in Goa - as for me one week in Goa is just enough.
The hotel was a wonderful experience, it is worthwhile to stay there, to live in the bungalow at the lagoon, walk through the alleys of the garden with statues of Indian Gods (by the way - staff worshipped these Gods, praying to them in the morning) - unforgettable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine the opulence and luxury of 5 star hotels, The Leela Goa with the natural beauty and Portuguese heritage of South Goa for the ultimate beach holiday. The hotel is set in 75 lush acres with a pristine beach, a 12 hole golf course and world class dining making it the finest 5 star hotels in Goa. While the rooms and suites, The Restaurant and the signature Jamavar have been designed by Jeffrey A. Wilkes, the principal designer of DESIGNWILKES, the art and embellishment has been done by Mrs. Madhu Nair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, ClearTrip and Agoda so you can book your The Leela Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Leela Goa Hotel Cavelossim
- Leela Kempinski Goa Cavelossim
- Leela Goa
- Goa Hotel Leela
- Goa Leela
- Leela Kempinski Goa Hotel Cavelossim
- Leela Palace Goa
- The Leela Goa Cavelossim