2,403 results
All reviews kole kole infinity pool maridadi restaurant tapa tapa bar jambo team beach boys evening shows animation team jt safaris day safari monkeys and baboons deluxe room all inclusive resort our honeymoon water polo masai mara pasta station
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I am currently at this hotel but wanted to write this review today to express my delight at the hospitality of Kole Kole.
We had a slight hiccup at the beginning but everything was easily resolved when I spoke to Phillip the deputy general manager.
The weather was poor but the staff bent over backwards here and I can't say enough about them!
The only way to experience the hospitality is to stay at the Kole Kole resort!
This was our first time here but I'll definitely be coming back.
One think to note is that the beach is washed out at high tide but that's just nature. However when the tide is low it's pristine white!

We were on the all inclusive plan and so enjoyed Tusker Keg like there was no tomorrow.

Overall I want to thank Phillip for making our stay so comfortable. I think this place is great for families alike!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

The place is simply outstanding.... lovely facility,always clean, lovely ambience, great food and the staff are very friendly. I would always recommend it again and again.....will definitely visit again

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Great service from the staff at the hotel , the amenities are of excellent quality. There is so much to do at the hotel and I'd definitely recommend a stay here. The stay here is worth your every penny

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

The beach was incredible and quiet but beach boys previously the bane of north coast have encroached on the south as well.
The hotel is old, but if you have plans to leave the room for outdoor activities,it's not too bad. Carry your own towel and pillow case if you have room, they are threadbare,old,and a little musty.
The food was average,heavy on oil and sauces but the fish was always fresh and delicious. The cocktails are inconsistent(all inclusive,local liquor) easier to ask for a shot and a separate mixer.
The animation team,the reception,we're wonderful.polite,kind,entertaining. The staff at tapa tapa bar are also very kind.
Two terrible incidents stood out Abeid the pool boy at baobab is rude,walks away while you're speaking to him(please tell him nobody wants anything else from him except towels,the attitude is unnecessary) we brushed it off the first day,everyone has bad days. The second day when he rolled his eyes,it's a pattern.
The second was Ismail at the egg station in the baobab restaurant. Outright discriminatory towards black guests. He doesn't see them even when they're standing right in front of him. Will take orders from the white and Asian guests two people down the queue,keep the black guests standing and waiting even if they got there long before. I watched a black girl calmly return her plate and move to the next egg station after he told her he has a problem with cooking gas(as he prepared eggs for other non black guests one Asian and one white) Witnessing this is the reason I will never return to Baobab. It may be an isolated incident,but racist staff spoil the name of the hotel and the entire experience. He desperately needs retraining as I overheard his behavior being discussed by two separate tables. There are several other hotels with non discriminatory service. You've lost a patron and despite several satisfactory and good things earned a terrible review

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
10  Thank HanifAbaye
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

I visited this place exactly 2 years ago and even wrote a review here full of praises for this resort.It was since then that i really looked forward to coming back.Unfortunately,much as the place is still as beautiful as ever,the service and ambiance of Baobab Beach Resort and Spa have diminished.Perhaps i could say it has lost it's touch. I'll list a few positives and negatives about it here:

NEGATIVES:
1:Rooms are looking a bit more run down as compared to my first visit.Or perhaps it's the particular room i got,not sure.The towels as well need renewal as they were a bit more on the yellow side for white towels.
2:Room service does the bare minimum which I'd say is to make the beds and roughly mop the floor.No one is concerned about refilling the coffee/sugar/tea supplies.There is no longer that sense of freshness when you walk into the room after it has been serviced.Even toiletries were replaced once only including the toilet soap.
3:The entertainment has hit rock bottom compared to last time.I got to eatch the same show again and still i couldn't compare that show to the first time i watched it(Lion King).The second night there was a show "Hot Black" whose story line was very touching,but the morale of the actors or perhaps the choreography made it painful to watch,simply counting down time for it to end so that there is disco afterwards.That too,the disco sucked bigtime.On the third night there was a hyped uo beach party which turned out to be a massive zumba class on the beach frankly speaking.
4:Still on entertainment,we did archery on our firt day with a good instructor (James),and quite enjoyed it.However the next day James was unavailable and someone inexperienced was sent to coordinate the archery.This was not only dangerous as even children were allowed to operate the equipment but also inconveniencing because we could not figure out how to assemble the equipment on our own.In case of such circumstances it is safer for the hotel to cancel the activity for the day altogether rather than send someone clueless to coordinate it.
5:The food,especially drinks that go with the food were very repetitive and boring.It was always passion,orange or tropical(a mix of the two practically speaking).No decaf available in this supposed top hotel.Food itself was tasty though repetitive.Breakfast in particular was very predictable.
6.A couple of the staff seemed irritated by their job including some of the chefs who would answer back rudely upon enquiry of something.I believe that i am quite jolly and it is not my aura that made them that way.
7.Our toilet kept getting fixed everyday as the flush system kept failing.
8.The AC worked well the first day but on the second and third day it was struggling.
9.The resort boasts of 3 restaurants,however they all look quite similar and serve the exact same food.The bars too serve the exact same drinks which little choice available especially for the non alcoholic drinks.

On checkout day,there was a lady who was also complaining that while she's on holiday she expects everything to go smoothly,not to be moved from room to room because one thing or the other is not right.Neither did she feel appreciated at the resort.It was a shame that i shared her sentiments partly.A vacation is meant to be your time to relax and be stress free.

POSITIVES:
1.The hotel is very beautiful with trees and overlooking the beach.It's a good place to relax if only the negatives were corrected.
2.Despite the repetitive food,it was delicious.
3.Most of the staff are friendly and at your service except the above mentioned few.
4.The beds were quite comfortable.
5.The hotel was child friendly though i did not go with children,this was a positive for me.

So would i wish to visit the resort again?Perhaps,only because my first time was very memorable.Also because I'm crossing my fingers that they will improve because i want them to.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple