All reviews jacuzzi suite surprise birthday cake home away from home amazing ocean beach beds baby turtles swinging beds an ocean view room the entire hotel heaven on earth any requests amazing hotel beautiful room the entire staff beautiful beach south coast special thanks
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

It's a nice cosy property with amazing rooms and exceptional service. The food especially sea food was out of this world and the staff always agreed to any requests made.
It is the best property I have been to in Diani and I have been to many!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
The-Maji-team, General Manager at The Maji Beach Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you so much for such an amazing review of The Maji. We are thrilled that you loved our rooms, 'exceptional service' and food! It was our pleasure to host you here and we hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again!
Warm regards from the Maji Family

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

It is refreshing to get to a hotel and have it exceed your expectations (based on reviews here).

The pick up at Ukunda airstrip with cold towels and bottled water showed we were off to a good start. The hotel didn't disappoint either. Beautiful setting, tastefully furnished rooms, welcome fruit baskets, lavish meals, exemplary service from the entire team. Special mention to Zipporah, Zippy, Fadhili and Rafiki who went out of their way to meet my groups requests (including a foot stool for an exhausted traveler). Mariah, gives a mean massage. The surprise birthday cake for one of us was quiet thoughtful too.

I could wax lyrical about this place but I doubt I would do it justice. Instead I will share a few things that pushed this property ahead of the game, in my view:
- no children policy.
- no set meal times. Eat what you want when you want where you want.
- happy people. Everyone seems delighted to be working there and interactions with guests felt genuine.
- information cards in the rooms specifying sunrise, sunset, temperatures. Yes there's all manner of apps to get this yourself. Still i found this thoughtful and caught breathtaking sunrises as a result.
- reasonably priced in house massage services.
- hidden pool bar. I was thrilled to "discover" underwater stools.
- absolute privacy. Only guests allowed onto the property.
- art, art everywhere! Exquisite pieces bringing color every corner you turn. It felt like we were staying in an art gallery. Sublime.

All the positive reviews here are earned. The Maji is an apt definition of Kenyan hospitality at its best.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mkenya Msafiri O
The-Maji-team, General Manager at The Maji Beach Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and share your experience of The Maji Beach Boutique Hotel with other travelers and holiday makers. We are so thrilled to hear that we exceeded all your expectations and that you appreciated all our small touches like our free style dining policy, chefs service, birthday treats, and daily information cards as well as the property design and facilities. We continue to strive to offer exemplary service and do that little bit extra to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay! Zipporah, Zippy, Fadhili, Rafiki and the rest of the team send their regards as do the rest of the team. Thank you for choosing to stay at The Maji and we very much hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.
Warm wishes from the Management and Staff - The Maji Family!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

The Hotel has an excellent location close to nearly all the social amenities you may require (not that you need to leave the Hotel, The spacious rooms are fantastic and not to mention the exceptional service that you will receive as a guest. Would highly recommend a visit especially where you do not plan to have small children with you.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The-Maji-team, General Manager at The Maji Beach Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you so much for your amazing review of The Maji. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you appreciated our beautiful location, spacious rooms and exceptional service. Thank you for recommending The Maji to other like minded travelers and we very much hope to have the pleasure of hosting you here again very soon.
Warm regards from Lara and the entire Maji Family.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I visited here as a solo traveller. I always find that travelling solo one tends to have time to reflect on things... both good and bad and I can say this place is all good. The service team (Zipporah & Caroline) were superb. So friendly and attentive. The ladies at the front desk were always at hand to assist and the management were not only running a tight ship but always made sure I was ok. The food was to die for. The wine selection was a little limited but the manager promised this will be rectified and actually bought in the wine I suggested immediately for me during my stay. Activities in the area were plentiful I was told but lazing around on the swing beds was much more appealing so I did not venture out of the premises. I have already booked another stay so that says it all really!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank gettymituma
The-Maji-team, General Manager at The Maji Beach Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience of The Maji with others. I have passed on your comments to Zipporah and Caroline in the service team and Evylyne, Naomie and Jemimah at the hospitality desk, all of whom were thrilled to read your review and send their greetings to you. Once again thank you so much for choosing to stay at The Maji and we are looking forward to hosting you again very soon!
Very best wishes from us all,
Lara and the Maji Family!

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This is undoubtedly the most incredible boutique hotel I have ever stayed in in Africa. The design and decor are beautiful and the service quite literally faultless. We stayed in a garden suite. It had everything we wanted and more. Bath, Shower, walk in closet, mini bar, tea/coffee making facilities you name it! We really enjoyed the food here, lots of variety and choice. I loved the fact that they don't have meal times and the chef could come and talk to you about your preferences! They also have a turtle protection program that you can be part of which was amazing. Definitely a place I will recommend and be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cathynix10

Thank you for your fantastic review and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. Our sincere gratitude for your kind words which I will pass onto the team who will be thrilled.
Warm wishes from a sunny Diani,
Kind regards,