1,147 results
All reviews entertainment team beach boys pool bar jt safaris day safari beach sellers fantastic holiday bahari room forty thieves salt water snack menu three star hotel grounds third world country water polo plenty of sunbeds buy something
Reviewed 19 July 2017

I stayed 3 nights in Diani Sea Resort and really enjoyed the experience. The staff are very polite and helpful, the rooms are large, clean and with a great green view. The pool area is quite and the entertainers are around inviting guests to take part of the daily activities. The food quality is good and tasteful even if it seems to be a standard menu every day and the beverages like wine and beer have a really bad quality. In general the price/quality and the beach just in front in a quite area are the plus of Diani Resort and I highly recommend it.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Karla K, Owner at Diani Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Tizia,
Thank you so much for taking the time for this nice review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall and have taken note of the beverage quality and will look into it immediately.
We hope to welcome you here again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

we stayed in this hotel for 15 nights. we can not fault the staff at all they are all friendly and help full.The problems we found was with the food, the snack menu 's the same never changes so if there's only 2 things you like then you have to have that all the time.The dinner buffet was just standared rice fish (which was very salty) beef,pork(did not taste like pork)and chicken. The veg everyday was carrot and Cougettes . i found the best meal of the day was breakfast. 2 nights a week its la Carte only 2 dish's to choose from so as we did not like either of them we did not eat.the water dispencer need to be changed as they are rusty. the coffee machine by the pool area is that old its all ways breaking down. When we booked it said all inclusive with local bears and spirits but you don't get local bears you get German bear how is that local Tusker is local not German blond.we had a bahari room the phone did not work we were ment to have WiFi which we did not. you got no chance of getting a sun bed by the pool or by the sea as its full of Germans and Polish and they go out early and put towels on them then they leave them empty for hours but you can not use them as they have towels on them all ready ( which they should not be allowed to save any beds if they are not using then as its unfair for others who wants one). If you like to holiday with all Polish and German people this is the place for you

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank Waveney J
Karla K, Owner at Diani Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear Waveney J,
Thank you for taking the time for writing this review. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay and have taken note of the points addressed.
During lunch during your stay we have both restaurants open, the main one with the buffet as well as the pool snack bar. We will review the snack menu accordingly. We usually serve Sierra beer, brewed locally here in Kenya, but according to German brewing standards (so there are no conservatives or other additives that might cause stomach upset). We also serve Tusker, Alsop, and Guiness according to availability.
We apologized that the coffee machine broke down during your stay and have taken note of the sunbeds.
We hope that you do give us a second chance,
kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I arrived very late at Diani Sea Resort, but the staff had kept the kitchen open and prepared two well cooked steaks, despite the time approaching midnight. This was very kind and our waiter Boneface was particularly polite & helpful.

The gardens and pool are a credit to the support staff.

The rooms however are quite dated and would benefit from a refurbishment - the bathroom was clean, but again quite dated and basic.

Overall the Diani Sea Resort is an ok 3 star hotel. You'll find better on Diani Beach... but you'll pay more accordingly.

My overriding comment is one of thanks to the professional and helpful staff but don't expect luxury.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank matthewmF9711IW

Dear Matthew,
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. Thank you in particular for mentioning Boniface. We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay overall and the value we provide.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Wow, what can I say about this hotel. It is just too amazing just for words, you have to experience it.

One week prior to our holiday to Kenya (first time) I had unfortunately broken my leg... I snapped the bone had to have an op. So being in a wheel chair was a must.
This was concerning to us and were thinking about maybe cancelling. My Husband prior to arrival emailed the hotel and asked whether it'll be accessible for us.
They responded very quickly and said that they have ramps in place etc...

We arrived at the airport very early in the morning and they put us in a room right at the top by reception, as there was a long hill to get down to the pool and beach with a few steps we asked to be changed to a room down near the pool as we would only be going back up once a day for dinner ( my husband having to push me up a steep hill)
They upgraded us to a beautiful spacious room with the best view of the sea.

Being in the wheel chair and still in a lot of pain from my operation I was worried at first but after an hour of being around everyone my worries disappeared! They have the nicest staff I have ever known in a hotel! I really think the hotel train their staff well. As well as them just generally being lovely people. They all showed their concerns to me and all tried to help.
For an all inclusive hotel (where you normally expect cheap food + drinks) the cocktails are strong but refreshing (VERY Nice) and the food is just amazing. My husband and I are big meat eaters but we fell in love with the fish so much thats al we ate for the whole 9 days! It is beautiful, fresh from the sea every day! The waiting staff really attended to our needs, especially Gerald (catchphrase: "Never, Mind") and Boniface.
A couple of nights I was in terrible pain and didn't want to leave the room, the waiting staff brought our food to us on our balcony and also we ordered drinks to come to us a few times. We did tip the staff but you could tell that they did want to help! This was just perfect for me!

There is entertainment on every day with water polo, then maybe a quiz. You ca go to the entertainment hut and play ping pong or grab a board game, and the entertainment in the evening is great! The animation team are all really lovely friendly people.
Patrick (animation team) really stood out for us, he is a generally lovely guy who is always smiling. And a great DJ. Also Erick is lovely too, they made our stay there a lot of fun!

The owners daughter in law even came over one day to see how our trip was going and if everything was okay she is lovely! One point my wheel chair had broke so she made sure the hotel gave me a replacement and even fixed mine for me!!!

I want to thank everyone so much for such a great holiday. It was unforgettable and we are hoping to come back again next year!

THANK YOU !!!! :) :) :)

1  Thank Bromberg123

Dear Bromberg123,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this delightful review. We highly appreciate the time you take to mention the staff, in particular Gerald, Boniface, and Patrick. It was a pleasure having you here and we hope the next time you come you can fully enjoy your stay with a fully "functioning" leg.
We look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Nice and confortable hotel for cosy stay. Wonderful views, spaciuos rooms, good food. We enjoyed every moment spent in this place. But what makes this hotel really friendly is the staff. Thank you for everybody of them as from the first to the last moment of our vacations we felt like being at home!

1  Thank ingabu
Karla K, Owner at Diani Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear Ingabu,
thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review and for taking the time to mention the staff .
We will pass the praise and hope to welcome you here again soon .