1,471 results
All reviews the grill main restaurant beach boys half board all inclusive package nyama choma animation team water aerobics f b manager day safari evening entertainment masai dancers choice of restaurants beach volleyball indian food fantastic holiday beach bar
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This place is simply amazing. The biggest draws were the service, the beach and oh -the swimming pool! Our hostess Esther Msula was above a 5* rating. She was other-worldly always ready to help sort issues out. I would have given them a 5* rating but for the internet in the rooms. The signal could be stronger. I don't know about the other rooms by ours didn't have a socket to charge gadgets next to the bed and had to walk to the TV table to unplug something to charge the phone. Please fix that. The TV too was not very diversified for channels and no sports channels.
Would we go back again? Would I recommend it? Definitely YES. On account especially of Esther Msula.
Rose and Kare in room 314 from October 10th.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mobile735674
southernpalmsbeach, Guest Relations Manager at Southern Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear Rose and Kare,

It was indeed a great pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for your fabulous review and great recommendation of Southern Palms Beach Resort!

We appreciate your great compliment about our Resort, service, beach, pool and the staff who ensured that you enjoyed your stay. We will be sure to thank them all especially Esther Msula whom you have mentioned.

It was a pleasure for us to have an opportunity to make your stay and holidays with us an enjoyable experience. We have noted your concerns and have addressed them to the concerned department.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again. Thank you once again for choosing Southern Palms Beach Resort for your holiday.

With best regards

Reviewed 12 October 2017

lots of hotels are great on the pix,but this one was even better.
beach was connected to the garden and the pools.same was the restorants.
everything in the garden was well trimmed and green.beach was great for swimming and walks in both directions.
service was pretty prompt for africa to be.
food was super-tasty in all 4 restorants.
the resort was pretty close to everything.
rooms was clean and ok tv-channels.
we stayed 9 days with half-board.
half-board ment we could choose restorant every day before 12.00.the buffet,the grill by the pool or the italian on the roof-top.
will come and stay again.

Room Tip: great beach,great value for half-board.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thormorch
southernpalmsbeach, Guest Relations Manager at Southern Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Thormorch,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience of your stay at Southern Palms Beach Resort! It gives us enormous pleasure to read of your appreciative comments and to have had an opportunity to make your holiday in Southern Palms Beach Resort a memorable experience.

Thank you once again for choosing Southern Palms Beach Resort for your stay. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

With warmest regards

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I liked this hotel. Everything was ok apart from one lady at the pool bar, she tried showing me attitude. I could see how she was treating the wazungus and how she was treating me, was quiet different. Anyway I ignored her and started dealing with the bar controller guy who was friendlier. It is rather unfortunate how some staff still think highly of wazungus.

The other thing was I wanted to extend my holiday by one day but on asking for the rate it turned out to be higher than the rate I had booked with. I just decided to take my money elsewhere......yet this was customer service week.

Apart from the above everything else was good. The room was good, it was strayed every evening so there were no mosquitoes, the pool staff were very good especially the water aerobics guy (my kids and I really enjoyed the pool), the pools are lovely ( I will treasure that experience) the restaurant staff were good and the two ladies at the reception were kind and very friendly. The food was great.

I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Use a travel agent to book, you will get better rates than booking directly at the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Christine M

Dear Christine,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review and your great recommendation of Southern Palms Beach Resort!

We appreciate your compliments on the hotel, food, room and the pool. Thank you also for appreciating our pool, reception and the restaurant staff. We are however sorry to hear of the unexpected service by a lady at the pool bar. We want to assure all our guests that we have daily briefing with the staff in each department where comments received from guest comments cards and comments posted on Trip Advisor are shared and discussed with the staff to ensure proper service and etiquette to all guests. We have therefore addressed the issue with a hope that it does not occur again to any other guest.

Guests wishing to extend their holiday, it is advisable to contact the Duty Manager or Reservations for the rates, we are therefore sorry that the Receptionist on duty did not refer you to the right channel or the correct personnel.

With best regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2017

It was our second stay at this hotel, and once more we spent great two weeks. Hotel staff is very pleasant and willing to do what you would like. Hotel facility is tidy and comfortable. Food is great, there isn't too many buffet dishes, but cooks at the buffet table are ready to prepare for you delicious fish, chicken or different type of meal by your choice. There is as well nice India vegetarian and delicious corner, for people which likes spicy meal. During dinner can watch you bushbaby Dominic, which like cherry( this cherry you can find at main bar or on cakes at restaurant).
Facility is great, and beach is most beautiful from all Diani Beach resort. And it's true believe me; we walked all around. For these which likes white sand, palm beach umbrella and wooden deckchair and noise of Indian Ocen, this is the best place.
I have to point out one occasion which happened to me during our stay. One day I forget my quite expensive camera at the beach umbrella. I recognise at the evening when I try to pack all items for our safari trip. I went out from my room and running on the beach, see if camera is still there. It wasn't. But immediately came to me security guy asking me what I am looking for? I explained him that I forget the camera. He told me: „we found it and it's on reception“. It was great, and many thanks to staff, and especially to the guard, their behaviour surpass my expectation. I can only congratulate to the hotel staff and hotel management.
If you are looking spend nice holiday at the Africa, please don't miss this. Safari buy at the real travel agency not at the beach. You can find them at the hotel or near hotel on main strip is Diani Beach shopping centre, where you can find two good travel agency.

Room Tip: room with ocean view can be quite noisy specialy during at highest and lowest tide, its near beach.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tom K
southernpalmsbeach, Guest Relations Manager at Southern Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Tom,

Thank you so much for your absolutely terrific review for Southern Palms Beach Resort!

It's such a pleasure to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday during your stay with us. We are so pleased that we were able to make your holiday a memorable success. Thank you also for appreciating our staff and also our security for recovering your camera and handing it over to you.

Our team were delighted to hear that you had such a good time with us and we're looking forward already to welcoming you back!

Thank you once again for choosing our Resort for your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I was at this resort for 3 days and the place is quite a site to behold. Nice and quiet just at the edge of the sandy beaches of the Indian ocean. A true pearl hidden in the swaying palms. Our room had all the comfort that comes with beach accommodation-AC, safe, hot shower a spacious balcony overlooking the ocean among others.

Buffet food was served and the variety was excellent based on the different cuisines from India, African etc. Evening times called for beach volleyball, walks and swims by beach. Its quite a place for couples, friends and family. They got you covered. In the evening we subscribed for a massage which just brought me back to this plane like an incarnate human.

I am essentially saying all this because i had an awesome holiday with friendly staff and even guests at this resort in south coast kenya. Ooh and the 4 hour train from Nairobi also made it even more convenient to get there without extreme fatigue!

Room Tip: All rooms are tiled with African art work but best views can be found in rooms facing the ocean
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian A

Dear Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay at Southern Palms Beach Resort! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, liked the African decor of the rooms and enjoyed the food. Thank you also for appreciating our staff. It’s always a pleasure to be able to share reviews like this with our team to show them what an important role they play in creating a positive impact on our guests.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards