There is no perfect resort. Each has its pros and cons.
Let's start with the pros:
The outdoors. The spectacular pools and the clean beach, is a high score point. Infact I will give them a straight 10/10. So, if water masses get your zest on, then this is definitely your stop. The hotel layout, the lawns, the pools and the beach blend harmoniously. Its a beautiful place to be. The staff is friendly and switched-on, not to mention their responsive admin office and maintenance crew. On the downside: The menu offering - its way too lean. Food is delicious, though very little variety with very few rotations. If you are a foodie and love the overwhelming array of delicacies, then this might not get your engines started. The showers could do with a little upgrade and the AC was quite problematic. The maintenance crew fixed it a couple of times but it kept stalling. Finally, please be sure to book under the all-inclusive plan. You will enjoy. I will definitely come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Jovago.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani