I stayed with friends for 3 nights in early Oct 2017. I have mixed feelings about the experience.
- neat, adequately furnished, spacious rooms.
- grounds are well maintained. Beautiful baobab tree. Truly beach front with direct access to breathtaking stretches of beach.
- there seems to be some attempt to keep the place with the times.
- with luck you may be experience thoughtful service now and then.
- appears well prepped for high season fun filled (water and beach sports, themed nights) if this is your thing.
- reasonably priced, at least during our stay, so I didn't feel robbed.
- service sucked. Took them at least half an hour to check in 4 of us. At a time when there were not other guests checking in.
- scarcity of information. The front desk didn't bother explaining any amenities. For example I only learnt about the 4pm complimentary tea service two days in and only by chance.
- pool attendants seem more interested in catching up instead of attending to guests. I had to walk over to them for towels each visit I made to the pool; it felt like they doubted we were guests.
- we must have been not more than 10 guests on site one afternoon and yet we had to go looking for waiters for drinks. A bit of a shame too for the property as we simply spent less as a result.
- Except for breakfast spread, in addition to taking too long the food was so atrocious that three of the four left their lunches half eaten on the first meal there. We ended up having all other meals offsite.
The only reason this is not a 2 star rating is I am chalking down service issues to low season/less experienced staffing. Though not a great excuse, it may explain the disconnect.
In all, for the same rate I would revisit it for an offsite-activity filled short B&B only stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort is located 40 km's from Mombasa town and situated along the white sandy beaches of south coast surrounded by swaying coconut palm trees and magnificent old stoic baobabs. Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort comprises of 100 deluxe rooms, tastefully crafted and beautifully furnished found in white washed, 'makuti' roofed structures. The rooms, double or twin, are tastefully appointed with local hand carved furnishings and are filled with luxurious amenities; walk-in shower, separate toilet, mini-bar, direct dial telephone, hair dryer and have the convenience of both air-conditioning and a central ceiling fan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Jovago.com so you can book your Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Club Hotel Diani
- Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Hotel
- Indian Ocean Beach Club