All reviews cascading pools spice route beautiful architecture beach bar beautiful hotel south coast guest relations front office staff rooms are huge superior room breakfast and dinner samosas main restaurant swahili style special thanks half board large pool
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We revisited this beautiful paradise for Easter and without a doubt, we're glad we went back! .

What I love about Swahili beach is that you're treated like family so to speak. You're made to feel at home and welcomed by most of the staff. It's hard to go to hotels /resorts and find this trait which they've truly mastered. Keep it up!

I got to experience the spa this time around which is very serene. Tucked away from all the other activities. .its a place I'd highly recommend you visit during your stay. The staff here are very professional and the products used are awesome. Charity from the spa thank you.

The kids weren't left out during easter. A carefully organised easter egg hunt activity kept them busy and most of the kids won special gifts. As always Susan of guest relations was there to ensure the kids were entertained. Thank you

Regarding the food, I truly must acknowledge the pastry / desert chef . Never got to meet you but if you're keen on pastries and deserts, even gluten free, they've got you covered!

Lastly I must thank those that who made our stay comfortable and memorable:
The GM Jeff thank you for your kindness and professionalism.
Steve, Doreen, Sophia, Arafa, Bernard, Chrispine,Franscesca (sp) thank you for the wonderful service, not forgetting Moses head of food and beverage.
Karissa of housekeeping thank you for the meticulous work.

I call this place a slice of paradise and I'm fortunate to have experience it once again.
I wish you well

Regards
Bertha

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Bmbugua
Jeff M, General Manager at Swahili Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Bertha,

Thank you for your great review.

We are delighted to have had another opportunity to host you and your lovely daughter Leilani.
You both are truly part of the family.

Glad you finally got a chance to spoil yourself at our famed 'Swahili Spa by Africology'.
Charity and the Spa Team have a way of treating our guests like royalty.

We value the Easter break and recognise the fact that it is family time.
Our animation Team usually has fun and games activities for the kids.

We have recently brought on board a very experienced and creative Pastry Chef, who has transformed our dessert variety and display a great deal.
Thank you for noticing the change and endorsing it.

I have shared your feedback with the team members you have mentioned and everyone else.
We are all pleased to have made your Easter break a memorable one.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent yes, but no without reserve...! the resort is one of the most beautiful end comfortable of the all south coast, huge, with a cute Indian architecture style and well served. The staff is wonderful, polite, educate, friendly, and tireless. The resort has everything, 3 restaurants, spa and gym furthermore a private beach. But we would say that a lots of little details should be improved, and we hope the managment will take our review as a positive one. The WI-FI in the room was terrible, is a 5 stars resort it is supposed to have a strong Line in the room too. Please use monodose amenities kit it gives at the guests more safe sensation. Would be nice to have some hangers for the towels in the bathroom. The hairdryer is poor. The TV channels it's poor and with a little choose. At the lunch time, down to the beach the service it's very very very slow, can't stay 3 hours for 1 hamburger and a pizza. Again great staff everything is clean and in order but there is margin of improvement to get full 5 stars.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank TaiJiFitness
Jeff M, General Manager at Swahili Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time t o write a review on your recent stay at Swahili Beach Resort.

We are extremely glad to note the to a very large extent, you had a memorable stay with us.
Thank you for the appreciation of the architecture, the ambience, the beach and most importantly, the staff who work tirelessly to meet and exceed our guests' expectations.

Feedback, positive or otherwise, is the basis for our continued improvement.
We take seriously your notes on the areas we need to improve on, specifically; our in-room WiFi, TV channels and the in-room amenities.
In addition, allow me to apologise for the delay experienced at our Beach Restaurant - Barharini.
I assure you that was a one-off and definitely not our usual standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel has natural scenic walkways and great place to take photos and just admire. Loved the pools that seems to go on forever. Somehow the pool near the ocean was always warm and made me wanna stay in forever.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Jeff M, General Manager at Swahili Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking time to send a review on your recent visit to Swahili Beach Resort.

We are pleased that you loved the scenery and our iconic 7-tier pool.

May I request you to share any photos you may have taken on our social media pages.
We will gladly feature them and give you the credit.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

the place when we arrived was very welcoming. my husband really liked the place not as he expcted. we had a great time together their rooms are clean and well furnished. we were on full board so we reaally enjoyed their cuisins and self service . the beach was also very relaxing

Date of stay: January 2018

Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your wedding.

Thank you very much for taking time to send out a 5-star review of your honeymoon stay with us.
We are glad you chose Swahili Beach as your honeymoon destination.

The team and I are pleased that you had a memorable stay and appreciate your comments on the rooms, the beach and the food.

We wish you all the best and look forward to hosting you and your husband again.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

This resort is beautiful!!! The rooms are stunning and the people really do try and go above and beyond!

I actually just checked out of the hotel this morning and since I’m stuck in the airport I thought I’d go ahead and write the review while everything is fresh on my mind. My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon after 3 days in Massai Mara.

The cons of staying here:

1. The beach was pretty much off limits to us. They have security on the beach but they do essentially nothing to stop local (merchants/peddlers?) from harassing you as soon as your foot touches the sand. We weren’t interested in buying anything and we didn’t need anything, except for them to leave us alone so we could relax. They will offer you everything under the sun, hair styling, massage, heroine (I’m not exaggerating) and when you say no, I’m fine they get visibly upset. My husband decided to take a walk out over the coral during low tide (the coral is pretty much all dead and it doesn’t make for a very pretty sight) and he was looking for a snorkeling site. Two locals double teamed and would not leave him alone, they demanded to be paid for mentioning that there was a snorkeling site nearby that he wasn’t interested in visiting. It’s honestly kind of sad that this is a “private beach” but with no privacy or security.

2. The service. They go above and beyond to try and assure everyone is happy and comfortable but it can be a bit much. At breakfast they clear your plate before you have even finished chewing your food. They also continuously interrupt you during conversations to ask if you are ok or is everything good. While this is fine once or twice in a meal, I decided to count one morning and 7 times we were asked if we were ok. I can’t even finish a thought with my husband between the number of times we were checked on. It’s a bit annoying and actually a bit lazy on those part because they aren’t paying attention and just using this general “are you good” to give the fassad that they are checking on you imo.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank snj73510

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a detailed review of your recent stay with us.

Thank you also for appreciating the ambience, the rooms and the staff.

We appreciate your candid comments on the beach operators.
While their intentions are good, we are trying to instill some customer care skills, so that they are not seen to harass guests who are not interested in buying from them.
Admittedly, in a situation like that, especially since the beach is public, some unscrupulous operators, who give a bad name to tourism at the Kenyan Coast, will appear.
I have informed our head of security to be a lot more vigilant and ensure our guests are not harassed.
I will also personally have a word with the operators.

The Team, as you observed, try to go 'above and beyond'.
We genuinely are interested in our guests' well being and I encourage, even the managers, to constantly check on them.
I have noted your comments about some being a bit to eager and will ensure we tamper this through training.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
We hope to have another chance to host you.