All reviews sails restaurant personal chef rooftop terrace lobster personal villa imagine africa best beach in the world on arrival fresh cakes took advantage of the spa daily chats boutique hotel wonderful chef red snapper kite surfing private chef living room
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Apart from the great food,excellent service and the perfect environment, The chef or the owner am not so sure (I was a bit tipsy and all) meets us on our way out and asks if we had a good time,thanks us and wishes us well....I love you guys.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ananda O
Reviewed 26 September 2017

We were very tired when we arrived at Almanara after gorilla trekking in Rwanda and early morning starts. We were met on arrival by Cathy and the other staff who would be looking after us and had a welcome drink and was shown to our room Suite No 1. Suite No 1 is amazing and it blew us away beautiful bedroom and bathroom and a lovely balcony with seating overlooking the sea where we had our coffee every morning of our stay. We had a massage which was absolutely wonderful later in the holiday I had a reflexology massage which was so amazing I had to have another before I left. Fresh seafood is wonderful and we cannot fault anything about our stay. Anna and Rama our waitress and waiters were lovely and the chefs would cook anything on the menu or whatever you wanted even if not on the menu! Our suite was kept immaculate. We cannot fault anything about our stay here and the beach is absolutely beautiful too. Would be a perfect place to spend a honeymoon.

Room Tip: Suite 1 in the Hotel is amazing
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelmadNorthampton
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I chose Almanara for my family (myself, husband and 15yr old daughter and 12year old son) as I liked the idea of being in a villa as opposed to a hotel and It was absolutely perfect.

After 4 days of safari Almanara was the best place to relax and be utterly spoilt.
Our villa was really spacious and very comfortable, beautifully decorated with local art and hand crafted furniture, plenty of luxurious places to relax. The roof top was especially stunning, with large sumptuous day beds and canopies.

The beach and pool were right on our doorstep so as a family we could do things together or alone, but no one was ever far away.

The pool was my daughter's favourite place, especially ordering milkshakes at the swim up bar and lounging on one of the giant poolside beds.
I liked ordering cocktails there in the evening, Julius, the bartender makes a great Mojito and he always has fresh cakes or biscuits on offer mid afternoon.

My son spent nearly every moment at the beach and what a beach, sand like silk. There was so much on offer he was never bored, we did everything from paddle boarding to windsurfing.

All our food was delicious and freshly prepared by our own in house chef, Eliza, her ginger crab was fantastic. She had no problem making different meals for each of us if we so wished, nothing was too much trouble. We enjoyed so many of her dishes that I spent time in the kitchen learning how to make them and Eliza kindly wrote down the recipes for me.

Our butler Seneni made sure all our needs were met and ensured everything in the villa ran smoothly, she was a delight, resolving any issues we had promptly.
Theresia kept the villa spotless and made sure our clothes were washed and returned daily, I wish I could have taken her home with me.

The staff at the beach and pool, particularly Suleman and Pato, were always so helpful, organising sports equipment, answering questions and helping us barter with traders on the beach (who were not a problem at all)

Cathy and Lucy came to see us every evening after dinner to see if everything was ok and organised any trips we wanted to take. The snorkelling trip to the marine park was amazing, something my family will always remember.
As always I took advantage of the spa treatments and can highly recommend the massage.

One of Almanara's hidden delights is their home made gelato, made all the more genuine as Almanara is run by an Italian/English family, we couldn't get enough of it. Gemma and Leo were so welcoming, every detail of Almanara was a delight and a feast for the eyes. I have never seen my workaholic husband so relaxed. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: All the villas are stunning and ideally situated.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Noscinnoo
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Everything was amazing; from reception and service and the warmth of the staff. The chefs here are geniuses with sea food...and for the butler Ramadhan, nothing is too much for the guests. The hotel is located in a truly beautiful part of Diani and everything is perfect!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We moved from another small hotel on Diani as it was substandard and were absolutely delighted with Almanara. Food and drink were outstanding , rooms large and comfortable and all the staff we met could not have been more friendly and helpful. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: All good , we occupied two next to each other that overlooked the pool below from spacious balconies
Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel