2,137 results
All reviews beach bar half board private pool main building corfu town drinks package golf buggy funicular lift sea view ring reception steep hill relaxing holiday cable car gala night thomson rep tennis courts drinks are expensive
Reviewed 10 June 2016

I stayed here with my wife at the end of May.

It's a good hotel but it's nowhere near the star rating that it claims. It is at best a 3 star establishment.

The good

The staff were efficient and courteous
The Food was good, if a little repetitive
The funicular railway to and from the beach and up to the pool/restaurant was a godsend.
The hotel has a fleet of cars to pick you up and take you back to your room.
We had a great view from our room and the balcony was very big.
The chamber maids kept the rooms clean
The beach bar was great and the food was excellent. The seafood souvlaki was a particular favourite. They miss a trick by not opening it later in the evening, it closes at 6pm.

The bad

Our room was damp. We had to hang our clothes on the balcony to air them. I complained to our Thomson rep but nothing happened. We were going on a cruise the following week so my wife had various nice dresses which smelt and felt damp. We spoke to other guests who confirmed that the damp was not an isolated event and several other rooms were affected. The lack of action by the hotel staff was appalling. They took the attitude that we'd be moving on soon so why should they bother.

The waitress service at the poolside bar was frustratingly slow at times.

The restaurant above the beach bar, Kulinarium was very poor. It only opens in the evenings and you can go once during your stay if you're all inclusive. The food was poor and had little flavour. The food in the main restaurant was much better.

For a hotel of it's size, there were not enough sunbeds. We spent two days by the pool, the beds get snapped up very early. Thankfully the beach was easily accessible using the funicular railway.

The hotel has two bars, the main bar by the pool and the beach bar. A hotel this size really should have a better choice of bars.

I wouldn't return.

1  Thank Ade_D66
AGM_Hotel_Manager, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Atlantica Grand Mediterraneo Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Dear Ade_D66,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your review and feedback, which we will use constructively in an effort to perfect our services.

Our goal in Atlantica Grand Mediterraneo is to provide you with the best possible service with individual care. That's why I do apologize for any inconvinience caused.

We really hope to give us the chance to host you once again and restore your faith to our Hotel and us.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

My husband and I have just returned from a two week holiday in this hotel located in Ermones situated within a mountain setting beautiful quiet with its on stretch of beach with sun loungers provided by the hotel. Hotel was modern,well maintained and while some rooms were within the hotel others were staggered in rows leading down a steep hill from the hotel. Rooms were spacious had a safe and fridge. Air conditioning was also available and easily controlled and was much needed at night as room could become warm and sticky. Beds were roomy and comfortable as were the pillows. There was a TV in the rooms but it had limited English channels. Our room had a stunning view and had the sun from morning to night.
Staff were all very friendly spoke excellent English and always extremely helpful this was from senior staff to the chamber maids nothing was ever a trouble to them. In general Greek people are all extremely friendly.
While some rooms are located on steep hills hotel transport was always available by simply dialling 0 and requesting a car this arrived within mins. It was a nice walk down to your room at night if you chose to walk, however I would state that if you had mobility problems this hotel and setting is not for you, as there are numerous steps throughout the hotel and setting.
Food was of a high standard with plenty of variety. A vast majority of fresh fruit was always available at each meal . You could always find something to tempt your palette. We ate one night at the al la carte restaurant Lobster night a feast for a king beautifully dressed Lobster freshly prepared to order accompanied by a spectacular setting and sunset. Entertainment was low key rangeing from excellent to fair. But was always enjoyable Sunday night was the South African tenors who provided excellent entertainment. Thursday night is the Directors night the staff team are introduced accompanied by champagne cake and fireworks.
Outdoor pool is incredible if a little cold as it is not heated so brace yourself the first time on entering it. I do suspect the pool temperature will improve as the season progresses and temperature rises.
While there were plenty of loungers by the pool and on the beach there did seem to be occasions when there was none available. The Hotel does state that beds cannot be reserved longer than an hour but there were occasions this was ignored. Hotel staff could perhaps be a little bit more assertive in the monitoring of this.
A bus to Corfu town leaves regularly from outside the hotel and tickets can be obtained from reception..
Outdoor pool

Room Tip: Room 551 has a fantastic sea view gets the sun all day and is very close to the beach 10 min walk.
12  Thank BelfastRelaxed
AGM_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at Atlantica Grand Mediterraneo Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Dear BelfastRelaxed,

We really appreciate the time you spent to write this detailed review concerning your recent stay to our Resort on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to have you here, and we hope to give us the chance to host you again in the future!

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

We have just returned from a lovely all inclusive holiday here. There are loads of reviews on here for this hotel. I wanted to try and address some of the negatives that have been mentioned on other reviews that worried us before we arrived.

Some strange people moaning about the pool being cold...it is not cold. We and lots of other people used it daily. It feels cold for all of 5 seconds until your body adjusts from laying in the hot sun. Which is exactly the same as when you go in the sea or any other pool on holiday. Why would you heat an outdoor pool in corfu?

The beach.. it is a lovely little Cove with a beach bar (included in all inclusive) and free sun loungers. It's a pebble beach not sandy so you might want to bring some beach shoes to wear if you don't like pebbles. The hotel will pick you up and drop you off free of charge or there is a lift which is a little slow but we used this often and was never waiting longer than 10 minutes.

The bar service being slow. Sometimes during busy times I used those things we have called legs and walked to the bar and ordered my own drink. You can do it too you know . We saw a few people moaning because they had empty glasses for more than 10 minutes. I have honestly never seen such hardworking waitresses/ bar staff. Even when it was really busy and probably stressful for them they never failed to smile and be friendly. Give them a break.

The dress code in the evening. I was turned away for wearing smart tailored shorts with shoes and a shirt. The guy behind me walked straight in wearing scruffy jeans/t shirt and trainers. I wasn't happy as I looked way smarter than he did. This needs looking at I think. Basically if your a man you need your legs covered. So not much of a dress code but bring some trousers and you'll be fine. This annoyed me.

Food... good selection in the evening and lunch buffets. Very nice. Also the bar serves food by the pool and down at the beach. Again very nice. I think the ones who moan about the food are the ones who pile a little bit of everything on there plate. You wouldn't go to a restaurant and order chicken, beef, fish, chips pasta, rice, lasagne etc all on the same plate. If you try and make a proper meal each night you will not run out of choice.

Sunloungers... we was up at 8.30 everyday. Out of the room for 9.00. Had breakfast (half an hour) and managed to get a bed by the pool everyday. If you choose to stay in bed or take ages having breakfast you might end up with a sunlounger on one of the grassed areas set back from the pool. So.....like every other hotel everywhere then? Stop moaning.

Location... a little remote, not much to do in ermones, bus service daily from outside the hotel, car hire stand in the hotel as well as boat trips and other excursions. If you like loads of bars/restaurants within walking distance then give this one a miss. We just wanted a nice week all inclusive to relax which is exactly what we got.

Overall we loved our holiday here. We wanted a relaxing week and that's exactly what we got. If you have a problem with anything the staff will try there hardest to sort it out for you. The only money we spent all week was the one day we got the bus to corfu town for the day and other than that we just stayed in the hotel and on the beach. We would go again and definitely would recommend it to friends and family.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
16  Thank markandkirsty
AGM_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at Atlantica Grand Mediterraneo Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

Dear markandkirsty,

I would like to thank you personally for the amazing review!

It is a pleasure for all of us to know that you enjoyed your overall stay.

The entire GM team hope to see you again in a future visit to our beautiful island!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2016

This hotel meets perfection in most areas. Accommodation, food ,entertainment are all of the highest quality. However although taxi transport if excellent and free, the area will prove very difficult for walking should anyone have mobility problems.Beach is not of the highest quality, too much shingle and the water is not that warm.

Room Tip: Rooms nearest to the main hotel are best
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank billgray

Dear billgray,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay to our Hotel.

It was a pleasure to have you and your partner here, and we really hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2016

My boyfriend and I visited in the final week of May for one week, all-inclusive. I wasn't sure what to expect, as I have done all inclusive once before in a supposedly 4* hotel, but this was in a whole other league. Detailed review to follow - it's worth it!

Location: Ermones is very quiet, and the hotel is located very out of the way. This was wonderful! It was so peaceful. The mountain setting was absolutely beautiful, and the small beach and cove directly below were pure magic. Only caution I would give would be on the steps - whilst there was a lift which worked the different levels of the hotel, it often took 15 mins at least for it to arrive at your level, and is very slow and prone to breaking. The steps are VERY steep so if you have mobility problems, resign yourself to waiting 15-20 mins each time you need to go from your room to the beach or the hotel either for the lift or for someone to pick you up from hotel reception.

Hotel room: The room was very, very nice. We had a double room with a mountain view, so I was pretty convinced it wasn't going to be a great view, but it was stunning. It's so green and lush everywhere that even if you aren't able to look out over the sea from your room, you still have plenty to look at. The room was spacious, nicely decorated, with a sizeable balcony and bathroom. We had a TV and mini fridge (though only the Fashion Channel was in English, but this only encouraged us to spend as much time outside of the room as possible which was no bad thing!). There is temperature control as well which is necessary because it can get really stuffy at night if you keep the door closed (which I would recommend as insects fly in and they do bite!) NOTE: Wifi does not reach the rooms.

Food: Positives
The all-inclusive buffet was very good. Dinner inevitably had a better selection than lunch, so we worked out it was best to order from the bar at lunch (they have a selection of meals on offer which you can eat by the pool, such as salads, pasta, risotto, sandwiches, pizza, etc), and then eat in the main restaurant and dinner time. We also dined once at Vertigo, the fine dining a la carte restaurant, which was simply exquisite. 25% discount for all inclusive guests there and for the food you receive, it is definitely worth every penny.

Food: Negatives
I only have two small niggles about the food. Firstly, desserts were poor, but I have found this to be the case in most hot countries. They were all VERY creamy and fundamentally all tasted to same! Secondly, the Culinarium (Beach restaurant) where all-inclusive guests receive one free meal per stay was very poor, and the food strange. It is billed as a traditional Greek restaurant but it really isn't. It was a good job it was free because I'd have been unhappy to pay for it.

Main hotel and pool:
Beautiful interior décor, spacious, cool... and the outdoor pool is incredible. It isn't heated, so you have to brace yourself when you get in! But I quite like that. After sunbathing for an hour or two it's so nice to cool off. It is a two level pool, with a deeper and a shallower section, which makes it feel very private even if there are a few people in there with you. It also overlooks the ocean, with an infinity-pool feel, which is pretty special. I think perhaps because of the cool temperature, not many people used it, so I often swam in it alone or with just one or two others around, which was bliss. I think the lack of children helps with this! There are plenty of sunloungers as well, around the pool and on the grassy verges above and below it. Even if you don't manage to get any first thing in the morning, there are usually more available in the afternoon, so we didn't struggle at all to access them when we needed.

Weather:
We went end of May, and temperature was perfect (mid 20s generally, going up to high 20s). Blue skies the whole time. It got cooler in the evening, but a light jacket sorted that out.

Evening entertainment:
Evening entertainment was variable. Sometimes it was fun and sometimes a little below par. Generally there was a live musical act.

Bar and drinks:
All-inclusive covers a very wide range of coffees, spirits, and cocktails, and the house wine and beer. You can also pay extra for certain more top-end drinks, often with 25% or 50% discount if you are all inclusive. We were very happy with the selection.

Local transport:
Taxis are EXPENSIVE - 30 euros a time from the hotel to Corfu town. Get the buses! They are reliable, air conditioned, and cost around 2.50 for a single ticket into Corfu town or back. The receptionists can give you an accurate timetable. The buses run around 4-5 times a day to and from, and they take between 30 and 45 minutes usually.

Staff:
Finally... the staff! We were there with Thomson so firstly, our rep Steven was brilliant. He was informative, friendly, helpful, and always available. The hotel staff were also fabulous. The ones we encountered most had excellent English, were friendly, jokey, and always asked what we had been up to/how our day had been. The female hostesses at the restaurant in the evenings were particularly excellent, and the barman Vassilis was also very good.

Overall:
Service - 10/10
Food - 8/10
Location - 10/10
Hotel - 9/10
Very highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Ask for room close to main hotel
11  Thank Abby C

Dear Abby C,

Thank you very much for the time you spent to write this detailed review on TripAdvisor for our Resort.

We are really happy that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future!