“Mr corbeij”

Captain Octopus Family Taverna
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 35
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Again what a great experience. The owners have a real passion for their food. I like the fact you can ask for fresh vegetables instead of chips and salad. They provide lovely vegetarian food . Fish and meat to die for as well as traditional great specialities. A must to visit and I garentee it will not be your last.

1  Thank Andycorbeij
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We visited Captain Octopus twice while staying in Agios Stefanos.

The first night, another guest who Id acquainted in a different bar previously advised me that the fish dishes here are the best in the town and to make sure I ordered fish. I took his advice and ordered fresh Sea Bream. It was amazing, a full fish with a side of vegetables and roast potato. The waiter/manager also was nice enough to take all of the bones out of the fish at my table and showed me how to do it. They also served fresh vegetables with the mains which is something a lot of restaurants in this area don't do.

The second night, I ordered the Sea Bass, and it was a similar experience, a full fish and again the bones were removed for me. The owner also advised me not to order the mullet as it was frozen and out of season which a good service.

I also ordered dessert here both nights as they have a good menu, they serve a huge Irish coffee also.

If going here Id recommend the two seafood dishes above, however both nights my girlfriend ordered non fish dishes and they also tasted good.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

This is a good example of 'you get what you pay for'. It is a little more expensive than many of the others, but the food is really, really good. They specialise in fish and seafood - seafood pasta was very fresh and my skewered prawns were huge. Very pleasant owner who's happy to take his time explaining the menus and good staff. Smallest of gripes was there were very few vegetarian options on the menu by way of main courses.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Visited this restaurant once during our recent stay in Agios Stefanos. We had a lovely meal. The owner was really helpful to advise us on our choices . We both had sea bass which he then expertly filleted at our table. The food was gorgeous and the staff friendly and efficient. They surprised us at the end of our meal with a complimentary desert which was really tasty. Very much recommend people to visit this restaurant and we will definitely be back next year.

1  Thank WoodleyGirlReading
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We found the experience of eating here rather disappointing. Although the fish course was very good the starter I ordered was just poor. I ordered bruschetta with feta cheese and got 3 bits of a toasted bread roll smothered in tomato with very small bits of feta cheese on top. It cost 3.90 Euros and was worth about 50 cents. I ate less than a third, told the owner it was very poor and was still charged for it. Also the restaurant was very busy and seemed to be under staffed it just wasn't a positive experience. It was our 2nd dearest meal in San Stefanos and in our opinion just wasn't worth it.