“Cronins Cafe”

Gougane Barra Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gougane Barra
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

A family of 9 (of which 4 were kids!) for lunch and afternoon tea at this beautiful location. Food was fresh and arrived promptly. Brown bread was so good and the Strawberry pastries were simply delightful! Staff were so very welcoming, attentive and the cafe was spotless. The view from the cafe was simply the best. We'll certainly be back - perhaps we'll stay at the Hotel next time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank B H
GouganeBarraHotel, Daughter at Gougane Barra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear B H,

Thank you for your lovely review of Cronin's Bar and Cafe. However, here is the link for their page, if you would like to write your review on their page instead: https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g211874-d4043702-Reviews-Cronins_bar_and_cafe-Macroom_County_Cork.html
It would be a pleasure to welcome you to the hotel to stay the next time.

Jane.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Gougane Barra Hotel

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I arrived with a group of 10 as part of a cycling holiday so cannot comment on the price. We had a lovely dinner and breakfast and a nice sunny morning meant I could take some nice pictures of the church and lake. I unfortunately left a pair of much loved sandals behind which they found and mailed to me after I phoned the same evening. They did take a while to arrive but I put that down to Royal mail parcels which are always very slow

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
GouganeBarraHotel, Daughter at Gougane Barra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear Paul D,

Thank you for your lovely review and photo. I'm glad you got a sunny morning here to take some nice photos. We are also delighted you enjoyed your breakfast and dinner here. I have passed on your compliments to the kitchen and restaurant team. We are also glad you got your sandals. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your cycling holiday.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back,

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel next to the idyllic site of gougane Barra itself.
Cannot comment on food but venue and bar are excellent.
Posting this to advise anyone heading here to book in advance as we discovered to our pearl no room at the inn for dinner.
Will get it right next time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Diarmuid M,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed our location, venue and bar. We also advise people to book in advance to ensure a dinner table in the restaurant overlooking the lake.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

So warm and welcoming! The Lucey family and the rest of the staff went above and beyond, making sure we were well taken care of and VERY well fed! Katy's food is incredible... as incredible as the stunning views from the hotel and restaurant! The Gougane Barra Hotel and the people here will have a special place in my heart and I hope to come back soon!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randy C

Dear Randy C,

Thank you for your lovely review. What a lovely line that we have a special place in your heart! We are delighted you enjoyed our food, location and service. I have passed on your compliments to my family and to the rest of the team here.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back,

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Picturesque setting at the base of mountains beside a small lake. If you want rural Ireland, this will fulfill your desire. This family-run hotel has fabulous food, but rather pricey. Dinner must be ordered by 2 items - starter and dinner, or dinner and dessert, or 3 items - starter, dinner and dessert. Startling the menu states "No Sharing" ...I think it was for the dessert. I found this rather irrational as many times I cannot eat a whole dessert. Me and my boyfriend often like to order different items and share so we can try different tastes. I feel that if I pay for something that I should do with it what I please. Getting back to the accommodations, there is no elevator so luggage must be carried upstairs to the guest rooms. Room door locks are very old-fashioned and we could hear people in the hallway opening their doors as we were trying to sleep. This hotel may fit the bill for some, but too far away from anything and too many rules for me.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
GouganeBarraHotel, Daughter at Gougane Barra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Cheryl F,

Thank you for staying with us at Gougane Barra Hotel and for your feedback. We have noted some misunderstandings in your review.
Firstly, our menu. We allow our customers to pick and choose dishes from our dinner menu: some guests choose the 2 /3 course price package. However, we allow our customers to also choose to only have a main course, or only a starter, if they wish.
In regard to the 'Rum and Raisin Ice Cream Dessert', our menu states "not for sharing", because it is one of our most popular dishes on the menu, and we believe that it is too good to share! It was meant in an amusing way. We always allow our guests to share, and often give our customers two long spoons with that dessert!
In regard to our accommodations, we always offer our guests help with carrying the luggage upstairs. Should you return, we would be happy to help with your luggage, if you wish.

However, we are delighted you enjoyed our setting in rural Ireland. We are also glad you enjoyed our food, and have passed on your compliments to the kitchen team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gougane Barra
32.2 km away
The West Cork Hotel
The West Cork Hotel
#1 of 1 in Skibbereen

Been to Gougane Barra Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK