We stayed for 2 weeks and found it hard to leave . Right from the moment we arrived we were welcomed by the genuinely friendly staff and felt a part of island life . The wet edge pool , white beaches , tropical rainforest , hammocks , dining area and beautiful accomodation ensured a luxury experience whilst being very much in harmony with nature . We enjoyed snorkelling, kayaking, walking as well as just relaxing . The food was great , sunsets sublime .. but it was the staff that made Matangi heaven on earth .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 240-acre private island paradise paradise situated in the Northeast of the Fiji Group of Islands. A small boutique island resort featuring only 9 bungalows and 3 unique tree houses. Catering to adults only, Matangi Island is the ideal couples retreat offering a wide variety of activities including snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, hiking, spa services, and fine dining. Matangi Island's Horseshoe Bay was featured in '1,000 Places To See Before You Die' by Patricia Schultz. ISLANDS Magazine also rated Matangi as one of the 'Best Private Islands'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Matangi Private Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matangi Private Island Hotel Matangi Island
- Matangi Island Private Hotel
- Matangi Island Private Resort