1. Location was good and private on its own promontory - but you need a room on the SW side of the main building otherwise you only get the early morning sun on your balcony. On SW side you also have interesting views of boats heading in and out of marina across the bay.
2. Hotel staff all extremely welcoming and helpful.
3. Thomson support reps very helpful.
1. Building and grounds very outdated - need completely redesigning and much rebuilding. Building generally clean but old fashioned, only one rectangular swimming pool, no separate children's pool area (except two small man-made beaches for sea swimming) and hence surrounding restaurants very noisy all day. No grand statue features or fountains as one would expect in 5 star hotel, the gardens were non-descript . (e.g. compare Hotel Sunrise Queen in Side, Turkey).
2. Room old fashioned, no security key-card, just key. Not very clean - on closer inspection - dust/cobwebs under some furniture. Double glazed windows to balcony needed replacing as they had lost the seal between the double glazed panes and exhibited internal condensation and dirt penetration - the fixed pane was so bad that it was difficult to see through it, hence it was fortunate that the weather was fine and we could sit out on the balcony.
3. Food in general very average (the El Greco in Crete was far superior). There was, on some days, an 'a la carte' option for dinner and those we tried were very good. However, most of the breakfast fruit available in bowls (tinned variety) for self service, even the dried figs, was generally fermenting, some pieces being inedible, and it was clear that it was not regularly replaced - just topped up. This was disgraceful for a supposedly 5 star hotel. I complained and there was some improvement but not sufficient.
4. The cost of drinks (perhaps being a captive audience on the relatively isolated promontory) was excessive - e.g. 13+ Euros for two small glasses of white wine around the pool or nearby outdoor restaurants - all the other guests we spoke to complained about the cost of drinks.
5. The night time entertainment was average to poor, apart from one guitar/singing duo on one night which was the best I have ever heard.
Very disappointing, definitely not 5 star quality, poor value for money. Would not go back until it is completely refurbished.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Grecotel Corfu Imperial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grecotel Corfu Imperial Hotel Kommeno Bay
- Grecotel Corfu Imperial Kommeno Bay