“Great food, eclectic service”
Review of Il Cassero

Il Cassero
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2018

The name says they are famous for their pizza, but the beef was stunning and my wife's pork with truffles was one of the best she has ever tasted. At 42 Euro a head, including LOTS of wine, the value-for-money was through the roof.
There were 12 of us eating outside and the confusion was a joy. One got her main course when everyone else was eating their starters, one got her side-order spinach before the main course, then the mains came out in fits and starts, with most people done 10 or 15 minutes before the last person was served.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Food was average at best and reheated at worst. Barely ok. I cannot believe people loved this place? How? Was going to give it maybe 3 stars but service was so painfully slow it lost another star.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

We went with 4 persons in the evening. We had 3 tagliata di manzo and 1 pizza. The meat was raw, not warm, hard to eat, very badly prepared. The side dishes (grilled vegetables, salad and french fries arrived before the meat and was also cold when we could start). The restaurant itself is big, not cosy at all and very noisy. Finally we pad for the 4 dishes plus 1 bottle of wine 100 EUR, what is a lot compared with high standing food at other restaurants in the neighborhood. It was our first time but also the last.

1  Thank Ann F
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Ok this my second visit to Il Cassero. The first wasn’t good but we decided to try again 1 year later. First I have never have been seated outside. Then once seated inside it took 15 min to get waiter to give us menus, Only 2 for 4 people. We ordered fizzy and natural water. Only fizzy came we asked 3 more times for natural which never came. I ordered 3 courses the antipasti was good but delivered after 2 of the parties calzones. They brought the pasta and meat together. Then finally the 3rd calzone. 2 in the party had finished as I was just starting. The ravioli was average at best. Mine at home are better. The meat was on the rare side with 1 medium mushroom and truffles shaved on top.
My party said the calzones were good. I had also asked for olive oil and balsamic in the beginning for the dry bread. Again it never came. This meal was 94 euros.
I would think that we would be served a little better with reservations but that made no difference. Americans enjoy the other restaurants in town you will get better service and food at a better price.

1  Thank Cbromme
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

It is the 3rd time and come to this authentic Tuscan restaurant, so I can truly confirm how espetacular it is! Great service, simple place and... outstanding food quality! This time, after a delicious local Salumi (Antipasti) we ordered some amazing fresh Funghi Porcini, 800g of Bistecca Fiorentina (to share ;p). An unique opportunity to try authentic and delicous Tuscan cuisine... then, take some time to walk (and digest) in the lovely town of Monte San Savino.