See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

It was the worst Hotel I have ever stayed in! Don't book it! Seriously!
I was even locked in the bathroom and couldn't come out, because the door was not to open. On every wall was mold and it's smells terrible. :(((
So we decided to go to a different hotel and went to the 'ocean view', that was quite close.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thea S
Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

Bedsheet was yellowish, there's hair on the pillow case (obviously not washed after the previous customer stayed). Breakfast is only an empty banh mi(bread) with a cube of butter and a tiny bit of cheap jam. But other meals were decent,rice with various traditional vietnamese dishes. Wifi is only good when u're using it alone around midnight. Other times, it is as slow as a snail. Room is spacious enough but the floor doesnt look clean. Opened coke cans were found underneath the bed (a sign of how well they clean the room). Staffs weren't friendly. We followed a tour here, got cheated everyday. Unliked what it is mentioned in the itinerary. Towels were damp and the toilet full of fungus.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

Again, was part of a cheap tour. I can not get over how rude and un hospitable the people were who I supposed were working here. We still have no clue who runs this place or if it even has a cleaning crew. I went to close the bathroom door and the knob fell off..I got to a point where I just stopped looking around or I'd bring myself to throw up- it was the most unhygienic hotel I have ever stayed at, and I've been at my share of hostels, trust me. AVOID.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank gitana1984
Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our cheap Halong bay tour and didn't have a great time. Rooms are dirty, our toilet didn't flush, our basin was blocked up and our shower hose was broken. If you're staying here as part of the budget white pearl tour it's only for one night and keep in mind you booked the cheapest tour! But If you're travelling to cat Ba yourself, don't bother with the place!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harriethoughton
Reviewed 13 October 2015 via mobile

Bought tickets for a cruise which included 1 night stay on the boat and 1 night stay in a hotel on Cat Ba Island. The boat was not how the travel agent described it and the hotel on Cat Ba has the most unfriendly, hostile staff. Dinner was supposed to be given to us from the hotel. They provided soup, 1 tiny spring roll per person, and spoiled fish. We tried to explain that it wasn't enough food for all of us and that the fish was bad. We even had a man travelling with us that is Vietnamese. He was speaking with them so that they would be able to understand. The staff at the hotel and the cruise staff started yelling and inching closer to our friend. We decided to let it be, so we moved to a different hostel. Also, the bathroom in the hotel is full of black mold. This hotel should be closed down.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends